Adeptus Evangelion is a Dark Heresy modification inspired by the Shinji and Warhammer40k fanfiction designed to run games in the world of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. The player characters are psychologically unstable teenagers tapped by a secretive paramilitary organization in order to pilot bio-mechanical monstrosities in humanity's last bid for survival. There can also be an adult PC in charge of herding the teenagers and directing them in combat. Secret and horrifying truths will be revealed, the players will descend slowly into madness, and everything will just keep tumbling, tumbling down.
As Anonymous put it,
YOU MAKE THE CHILD YOU HAVE THE MENTAL ISSUES YOU DRIVE THE ROBOT YOU FIGHT THE ANGELS YOU GO CRAZY YOU TURN INTO TANG MAYBE SAVE THE WORLD IF YOU DON'T FUCK IT ALL UP WHICH YOU PROBABLY WILL
It is entirely possible to re-enact the show (and parts of Rebuild, if you're so inclined), but if you have even a little bit of creativity, you can swap out mythologies, create new secret cabals, and make new enemies. Adeptus Evangelion even has a way to generate Angels.
If you have questions or comments, the Adeptus Evangelion IRC channel is where most discussion takes place.
Dark Heresy Base Rules
Adeptus Evangelion uses the following chapters of the Dark Heresy core book:
- Chapter I: Character Creation (Not critical but it will help you 'get' things easier)
- Chapter III: Skills
- Chapter IV: Talents
- Chapter V: Armoury
- Chapter VII: Playing the Game
- Chapter VIII: The Game Master
After some time working and re-working the game system, the developers of Adeptus Evangelion decided that Dark Heresy as a base was simply not cutting it, and have decided to move away to a new system for Version 3. During this time of soul-searching, quite a few documents have been put out attempting to fix issues with Version 2. Those fixes have been put together into Version 2.5.
The documents for 2.5 (now complete after a brief Beta release on /tg/) can be found here:
The 2.5 development process was not without drama, as the history and talk pages of this article will show you.
See the AdEva Borderline page for more information.
- Adeptus Evangelion V2 core rules
- REDACTED, a V2 DM supplement
- Printable character sheet (pdf)
- Printable Evangelion sheet (pdf)
NPC Laundry List
This is a suggested/basic list of NPCs GMs should consider including. It is not all-inclusive, and some NPCs can be folded into others (i.e. Class Rep is shopkeeper).
- Mobile Suit Mechanicus, a variant of AdEva (or a variant of a variant of Dark Heresy) set in the Gundam universe.
- AdEva ReWrite, a dead project to add some new stuff to AdEva.
- AdEva Borderline, a drama-fueled counterpart to your regular AdEva.
- JAEVA: Giant Robot RPG system and the JAEVA Project a more generic homebrew RPG system that combines EVA and Pacific Rim's settings together into a unified super-setting. Other giant robots can also be built. play this if you want less eva psychology and more classic giant robot action in your games.