"Number 3: Thou shalt never, never have enough Dakka."
Dakka is Ork slang for rapid fire capability, based on the onomatopoeia for automatic guns shooting. You need moar of it. No exceptions. Although they too need it, when other races use it, it's just not cool anymore. Must have something to do with that rockin' Ballistic Skill 2 that da Orks are throwing down.
You iz dead now ya stoopid 'umie!
See also: Shooty
Several other non-Orky races in Warhammer 40,000 have at least one weapon that relies on Dakka to be effective.
- Imperium: Multilasers, Hellguns, Leman Russ Punisher, Lasguns, Laspistols, Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolters, Assault Cannons, Combi-bolters, Autocannons, Vulcan Megabolters, Psycannons, Heavy Stubbers.
- Chaos: Harvester Guns, Mawcannons, Butcher Cannons, Storm Lasers, Reaper Auto-cannons,Hades Auto-cannons, Autoguns, Autopistols, Heavy Stubbers, Shotguns, Heavy Bolters
- Eldar: Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Catapults, Shuriken Cannon.
- Tau: Burst Cannons, Cyclic Ion Guns, and to a lesser extent Ion Cannons
- Necron: Gauss Cannons, Gauss Blasters, and Tesla Destructors.
- Tyranid: Devourers, Biocannons, Deathspitters.
Too Much Dakka
It's actually possible to get "Too Much Dakka". In Dawn of War 2, if you pin down some Orks they will shout "WAAAH! Too much Dakka" when they come under suppressive fire from, you guessed it, a lot of Dakka. There's too much Dakka when it's being fired at y- *BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM* HERE... HURR... UM, YOU IS SAYIN' BAD T'INGS WOT YOU SHOULDN'T SAY!
Maximum dakka (but not enough)
2x hive tyrant w/ 2 brain-leech worms
3x 3 hive guard w/ impaler cannon
6x 30 Devilguants
3x 30 gargoyles w/ fleshborers
3x 3 carnifex w/ 2 brainleech worms
Total dakka: 780 shots per turn
You call that dakka?
Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard)
HQ: Company Command Squad
6x Platoon Command Squad
6x5 Infantry Squad
6x Conscripts Squad
6x5 Heavy Weapons Team w/ Heavy Bolters
Heavy Support: 3x3 Leman Russ Punisher w/ Heavy Bolter sponsons
Total dakka: 949, 1549 on close range or w/ orders, 2149 per turn on close range and orders. And it's without getting full platoons or even FOC. Because that would be just insane.
(but maybe enuff dakka)
"And if that don't work, use more gun."- The Engineer