A meme is an idea that spreads itself, supposedly in the same way that a gene does in biology. In the context of /tg/ and 4chan in general a meme is a running a joke, a pattern of text or images that is posted repeatedly, either for its own humor value or as a punchline to certain types of post.
New memes are created all the time, while old ones go out of fashion; but a selection of /tg/ memes includes:
- SPIRITUAL LIEGE - A meme making fun of the shitty Fluff of the newest edition of Codex: Space Marines for Warhammer 40,000, which may as well have been called Codex: Ultramarines due to Matt Ward's infamous fanboy-jizzing all over his favored chapter in the Space Marines codex. In said codex, he referred to Roboute Guilliman as the Space Marines' Spiritual Liege, and the ideal example of what all Space Marines aspire to be, above even their own Primarchs and Chapter-Masters. Suffice to say, this was line which induced more facepalms than Maradonia Saga from the player-base.
- Just as planned - Used to indicate some clever feat of manipulation or forward-planning, often by Tzeentch or his minions; alternatively, used to indicate Tzeentchian involvement in a humorous manner. Originally an /a/ meme based off of some obscure anime called Death Note.
- Love Can Bloom - Refers to a specific tale of a Vindicare Assassin falling in love with Farseer Taldeer, his intended victim. Used more generally to indicate sweet and gentle happenings within the GRIM DARKNESS of the 41st millennium.
- Bear Lore - A reference to the incredibly stingy Bear Lore chart in the 4e Monster Manual, which implies that a high degree of Nature skill is required to even know that bears have claws and teeth.
- CLANG! - A meme centered around a Universal Stillpoint Rod, which, once activated, remains in that spot in the universe forever. These rods lurk like space-detritus, waiting for an unfortunate moment for someone to be standing where they are when suddenly... CLANG! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!
- Alignments - A Motivational Poster describing one of the nine classic D&D alignments, with a photo and quote of someone that embodies that ethic.
- What I Made / What the DM Saw / What I Played - three-piece clipart describing how the player subverted expectations.
- Anal Circumference - An unfortunate meme that stems from the equally-unfortunate FATAL RPG system, widely mocked as one of the most depraved and idiotic things transcribed to text. The general gist is that there is an entire subsystem in place for how much someone's ass in FATAL can stretch, and like most things in FATAL, this subsystem fails utterly.
- SPESS MEHREENS - A legendary meme that stemmed from Dawn of War: Soulstorm. One of three (the others being METAL BOXES and Cornholio the Cultist. A meme making fun of Indrick Boreale's outrageous accent and hilariously messed-up verbiage, which is so bad that it makes one wonder what the hell Relic was smoking when its writers shit out the dialogue involved.
- Classic Blunder - When someone starts a thread with an image more interesting than the text and /tg/ discusses the image instead, completely ignoring the text.
- Dohohoho - When someone makes a topical joke using a Statler and Waldorf routine to jeer at someone or something in a (attempted) witty manner. A higher class of meme for distinguished gentlemen.
Many memes take the form of recurring characters:
- Angry Marines - A chapter of space marines characterized by their unending rage. They wear yellow armor emblazoned with red angry faces, and wield a number of specialized weapons including power baseball bats (with nails through them) and power boots.
- Cultist-chan - A chaos cultist with a skimpy outfit, an incredibly annoying voice, and horrible teeth. Incredibly popular amongst the weeaboo and crazily popular in drawfaggotry.
- Faptau - A Tau with a penchant for masturbation. Yeah, that's about it.
- Loli Daemonette - A young Daemonette of Slaanesh, and a popular subject of drawfaggotry.
- Lolicron - A.K.A. Moecron. A loli Necron who is an almost-meme that sadly never quite made it, even after the new Necrons codex.
A forced meme is when a single person repeatedly posts something, in an attempt to make it a meme. It usually fails.
 BEAR WITNESS TO MY ASCENSION
While most memes never make it out of the shit pit of the internet several of /tg/'s have been included in their source materials, almost certainly owing to the fact that their creators are one of us.