Old conversations have been moved aside to keep this page less cluttered:
- Talk:Main_Page/2013 six years, jesus fucking christ
- Talk:Main_Page/2014 Seven. This ride doesn't stop.
Old Timers Report In
Been on /tg/ since the beginning, and the wiki since 2009. Did a few anon edits here and there, and finally made an account Nov 4th, 2014 before suddenly going edit crazy. --Hiddenkrypt (talk) 16:59, 23 February 2015 (UTC)
Policy on rules downloads?
So just for fun I've been making a Horus Heresy Mechanicus Codex since the current Mechanicus are an absolute mess to use, you have to flip through FOUR separate books and descriptions/PDF's on FW's website to get all the units available and even in the four books they don't list every item available in the Mechanicum army. As such I'm making a PDF that'll have every item and unit on it in a way that I'll be able to update it easily with any new releases and I'd like to share this when it is finished, but before I do I just want to know the current policy on uploading stuff like this, since I'm not using custom rules, they are still the rules and units from Forgeworlds Horus Heresy series. -- Triacom (talk) 07:38, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
- Officially you are allowed to make such a list for your own personal use (if you own those books of course), but sharing such a list is not really allowed by law. - Biggus Berrus (talk) 09:15, 24 March 2015 (UTC)
- Homebrew and other original/shareware content is totally fine to upload, but as a general rule if you would have to pay in order to get your hands on something you shouldn't redistribute it (in whole or in part). Obviously I can't control the content of sites that we link to, but I don't want to see any infringing content on 1d4chan itself. --Wikifag (talk) 21:00, 24 March 2015 (UTC)
From what I can tell it's embedded onto every page and not some kind of ad. Did someone specifically pay for it to be there? Or is someone here affiliated with the folks behind it? Or is it some kind of /tg/ project? - Biggus Berrus (talk) 17:01, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Kickstarter campaign. The guy (Greg) who designs games for 3dtotal is a close friend of mine from university so when they've got a campaign going I put a banner up for him; no financial relationships or other compensation involved, though. I have done this a couple of times before (for Viral's Engine Heart KS and I'm pretty sure for Greg's previous project, 404) but I commented about it on the news page those times. Sorry if there was any confusion caused this time around. --Wikifag (talk) 08:45, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
Would it be okay that a collaborative effort of 8chan's /tg/, /v/, and /co/ have a portal to make a project on this wiki?
- Its /tg/, yes. Its /v/ and /co/, no. This is a /tg/ wiki, not a "/tg/ and also /v/ and /co/" wiki. --05:19, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- My gut says yes. It wouldn't be worse than people using it as a place to store their campaigns or quest thread info. That being said, it should be relevant to /tg/ somehow. I would (and plan to) make a page for Orc Stain for example, but unless I discovered a Hey Arnold RPG I wouldn't make a page for that (unlike TMNT, Trigun, and Tenchi Muyo which all had licensed RPG's that I intend to make pages for as well). --Thannak (talk) 05:32, 6 April 2015 (UTC)