Autognomes are a golem in the shape of a clockwork/mechanical gnome built by spelljamming Tinker Gnomes to serve as laborers, scouts, defenders and general assistants. They work about as well as anything built by Tinker Gnomes ever does... well, maybe a little better; autognomes do actually get up and walk around fairly reliably, even if they're about as smart as a 60s scif-ri robots.
Autognomes made a surprising return as a playable race in the Unearthed Arcana article "Travelers of the Multiverse", here redesigned as vastly more compentent and reliable creations of the common rock gnomes of the multiverse.
As a post-Tasha's race, they have a generic +2/+1 or +1/+1/+1 ability score modifier.
- Creature Type: Construct
- Size: Small
- Speed: 30 feet
- Armored Casing: Your base unarmored AC is 13 + Dexterity modifier.
- Built for Success. You can add a d4 to one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you make, and you can do so after seeing the d20 but before the effects of the roll are resolved. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
- Mechanical Nature. You have resistance to poison damage and immunity to disease, and you have advantage on saving throws against being paralyzed or poisoned. You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
- Sentry’s Rest. When you take a long rest, you spend at least 6 hours in an inactive, motionless state, instead of sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but you aren’t unconscious.
- Specialized Design. You gain two tool proficiencies of your choice.
- True Life: Despite being a Construct, you benefit from the spells Cure Wounds, Healing Word and Spare the Dying as if you were a Humanoid. Additionally, if targeted by the spell Mending, you can expend a Hit Die, roll it, and regain a number of hit points equal to the roll plus your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).