Cyborg, a portmanteau of Cybernetic Organism, refers to an entity that combines mechanical and organic components in its physical structure. The most iconic form of cyborg is a humanoid or animal who has had once-missing body parts replaced with artificial equivalents or who has had useful technological devices implanted into their body. It is largely associated with Science Fiction settings, but can show up in magitek-featuring or outright Science Fantasy settings.
Notable /tg/ Cyborgs
- The Adeptus Mechanicus views becoming a cyborg as a religious mandate.
- Servitors are grimdark cyborg slaves.
- Pit Slaves are a cyborg faction in Necromunda.
- Cyborgs of various kinds are a Racial Character Class in RIFTS and other Palladium settings.
- Half-Golems are a magitek version of cyborgs seen in Dungeons & Dragons.