Local Game Store
The Local Game Store (LGS) is whichever store a neckbeard goes to in his current locale to game in. It only becomes a Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS) if the staff and patrons are actually nice people, instead of the usual sociopathic rules lawyers, preteens on Ritalin, and idiots who refuse to learn how to play the damn games.
If you live in a podunk town that doesn't possess an LGS, or if you otherwise would like to play tabletop elsewhere, a few alternatives exist:
- There might be a gamer club, association or federation in your city/region/country.
- Or create your own, really. Don't be too specific: don't make a "AD&D club" - rather, go for "Roleplaying Games club".
- Meetup.com is often used for posting gaming-related events and meetings.
- Tabletop Simulator and VASSAL Game Engine have been used for playing 40k and other tabletop games.
Don't know if you have one?
Except Warhammer stores, these shops carry other licenses and games, so visit them if you are in the vicinity.
- For all your Wizards of the Coast needs. - also includes D&D and is worldwide.
- Games Workshop in the US of A - change the country on top for other locations. "Warhammer" named stores are GW-owned, so don't expect to find other brands.
- Steve Jackson, 'nuff said.
- Cthulhu prefers long-distance
- Vampire and the rest of White Wolf