Talk:Age of Sigmar/Tactics/Old/Chaos
- The Grand Alliance Chaos abilities. You can't get those unless you specifically go Grand Alliance, and they aren't on any other page
- There's no tactics with those, it's pointless for a page to exist only to have those abilities. If you really want to keep the Grand Alliance abilities as a separate army, then you need to re-add every unit that the army can take, and undo every single edit you've made to the page as a result. Taking Grand Alliance is no different to taking the Host of the Everchosen for 8th edition, it either needs its own list, or it shouldn't exist at all since you can just mention the abilities on any of the other Chaos pages and be done with it. -- Triacom (talk) 18:33, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- "it's pointless for a page to exist only to have those abilities" - I agree there should be more content on this page - ideally there should be some talk about which battlelines are better, some sample lists and some general tactics talk. Take a look at the honest wargamer mixed chaos lists  - this proves people are playing mixed chaos and not just with Archaon. This page should be all about discussion of tactics of what's the best way to build up a mixed chaos list, what to take, what no to. There is a huge amount of choice playing a grand alliance, and that's what this page should be capturing. Yes, none of that is here.... yet.
- "re-add every unit that the army can take" - are you really asking for every single nurgle, khorne, slaanesh, tzeech warscroll? or do you just mean everything that was here before? If the latter, then all that stuff is repeated elsewhere on other pages, or is completely invalid due to having no points. Neither help anyone. Maybe there is a better way to easily show all the stuff you can take without repeating elsewhere.
- Maybe this is a separate discussion - but some of this might boil down to what is agreed should be in an entry for a warscroll. I think back in the midst of time, the idea was for each unit, just discuss what is awesome and not awesome about it and sneaky things you can do with it. Looking around today, many tactics pages have devolved into each unit just being a list of all its abilities. Both are useful, just a different approach
- I'd be happy if all the Forgeworld Chaos stuff got moved back from the Monsterous Arcanum to this page. Just don't have it on both. I guess there is ultimately no point to the Monsterous Arcanum page if everything moves to the faction/alliance pages.
- If you are going to put a Delete marker on here, then you should be putting one on Order and Death too as they have no warscrolls and have the roughly the same content as this page - at least that would be consistent. (Ok, Order page has Firestorm stuff, but you could easily argue that belongs on a Firestorm page like the other expansions).
- I do think this is a good discussion to have - getting rid of pointless crap is good, but I still think we have a use for this page A74xhx (talk) 09:17, 1 August 2019 (UTC)