Template talk:Chaos Space Marines
Splitting Daemons and Chaos Marines stuff
I'm all in favor of templating the Daemons, but I feel that it'd be better to give them a seperate one. They appear both in Fantasy and 40k, and this way the Chaos template won't be bloated.
- I'm not sure, because most of these Daemon Engines and Daemon chariots appear in WH40K with the Chaos Marine buddies either in today's time or way back in Epic. I guess you can try formatting it to make it look neater while I try and fill in as much as possible. At the very least I think you can put the lesser and greater Daemons as well as their beasts in their own separate templates while keeping and separating the Daemon engines into their respective chaos powers or unaligned while still stuck with the forces of the Chaos Space Marines.Derpysaurus
- K, that would help heaps. Feeling up these daemons and their daemon engines are going to be a pain in the ass. Would love it if I get some help. Because Jesus Christ there are a lot! Derpysaurus
Names of the Chaos Gods
I've seen that some of the entries have the name of their matching Chaos God in front of them, while others do not. Specifically the Nurgle Plague Tower and the Slaanesh Subjugator, with even more appearing on the Daemons template. Should we centralize this by giving either all of them or none of them the name of their god, or leave it as is? - Biggus Berrus (talk) 09:30, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
- Leave it as it is, especially since some like Tzeentch has names too similar to some Space Marine Chapters. Derpysaurus
Overlap with the Legion-specific templates
- Remove the duplicates from this template and spread them across the other templates. The downside is that the entries are less centralized.
- Leave things as is while making sure the other templates are updated with the right content. The downside is that we now have several entries appear on multiple templates that are not all that different from one another.
- I believe we should leave it as it is for now as GeeDubs like to reuse the same/similiar vehicles for multiple factions. I am trying to deal with entries with multiple templates such as the Rhino in which almost every faction from either the Imperium of Chaos have. I am right now stuck with a conundrum since, whilst having multiple army templates makes the page messy, it is needed for readers to conveniently browse through each of the army's units. So far, I compensated it by creating a box that split it into either Astartes, Chaos and Other Imperium factions. However, more is needed to make it less...well...messy and I have honestly no good ideas on how to fix this other than making a box that links it to the various army templates.Derpysaurus
- Yeah, I've seen your efforts there. It's not the best looking solution but given the small number of pages stuff like this would apply to on this scale (Rhino, Land Raier, Chimera and a few more), I think that this is the best option as of right now. The only other alternative I can think of right now is to create some sort of automated template that looks up other templates that link to a particular page, but I have no idea how to create such a monstrosity or even if that's possible. - Biggus Berrus (talk) 12:37, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- That would seem like a good idea. Unfortunately, I also have no idea how to do that.Derpysaurus