The Upper Planes is a term from Dungeons & Dragons introduced in the Planescape setting. It is a way of collectively referring to the planes that are characterized by their prominent Good alignment, as on the standard planar "map" these make up the upper half of the Great Wheel.
The five planes that confirmedly make up the Upper Planes are:
- The Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia (Lawful Good)
- The Twin Paradises of Bytopia (Intermediate point between Lawful Good and Neutral Good)
- The Blessed Fields of Elysium (Neutral Good)
- The Wilderness of the Beastlands (Intermediate point between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good)
- The Olympian Glades of Arborea (Chaotic Good)
It's a matter of some contention where to place The Peaceable Kingdoms of Arcadia and The Heroic Domains of Ysgard, as these occupy an intermediate point between Good and Neutral, and so some maps will place them as part of the Upper Planes and others as part of the Middle Planes.