Age of Sigmar/Tactics/Old/Order/Lion Rangers
This faction has been removed with the release of the Cities of Sigmar Battletome. Models are no longer on sale and whilst they still have official points, expect them to be removed from the GHB in the next FAQ/release.
White Lions are now their own faction, the Lion Rangers. If you really like Elves, lions, and Elves being pulled in chariots by lions then these guys are for you. Due to their complete lack of leaders (RIP Korhil) and battleine units, this faction can only be used as an allied force in matched play.
There isn't currently a Battletome for Lion Rangers.
- The Grand Alliance Order book has all the Warscrolls and Battalions.
- This should be supplemented with the Grand Alliance Order Errata and Designers' Commentary from the FAQs.
- Matched play points are in the General's Handbook 2018.
- Alternatively up to date Warscrolls can be found in the WH AoS app.
As with all factions you'll want:
- The core rules are either downloadable or in the Core Book.
- Games taking place in a Realm need the Realm of Battle rules from the Core Book.
- In you want to take advantage of realm specific artefacts you'll need the Artefacts Of The Realms section from the Malign Sorcery book.
- Matched play battleplans are split across the Core Book and General's handbook 2018.
- All books should be supplemented with any updates from the FAQs.
The common keywords of these warscrolls are: ORDER, AELF and LION RANGERS.
No Leaders currently exist for this faction.
- White Lions: Pretty good monster hunters, which is fitting seeing as how every one of these warriors has to straight up murder one of the regiment's namesakes and wear it as a fucking magical cloak. Also pretty durable, for an elf unit. Their magical cloaks let them re-roll 1s when being shot at in the shooting phase. And 'Unflinching Courage' allows you to roll a D6 every time a White Lion flees after an unsuccessful battleshock test. On a 4+, he grows a pair and rejoins the fight.
- White Lion Chariots: The next time someone says Elves are not manly, ask them when was the last time they rode a chariot pulled by GIANT LIONS. Even though these are chariots, because of their below average move of 9" and power it's better to think of them as heavy cavalry. Pretty good defense (6 wounds, 4+ save rerolling 1s in the Shooting phase), very strong attacks on the charge (some of them with Rend -1). As with all chariots, great to charge already engaged units and force big Battleshock losses, but also powerful enough to fight alone, or destroy enemy cavalry units. Not very nimble but still have 9" move, so a great unit overall.
No Battalions currently exist for this faction.