Age of Sigmar/Tactics/Order/Order Draconis
Another faction derived from the old High Elf line, covering all your elf-riding-a-dragon needs. Despite only really having three units it's possible to make an army out of these guys in matched play due to the presence of battleline units.
Why Play Order Draconis?
Your leader rides a dragon.
Everyone is an Elf
There isn't currently a Battletome for Order Draconis.
- The Grand Alliance Order book has all the Warscrolls and Battalions.
- This should be supplemented with the Grand Alliance Order Errata and Designers' Commentary from the FAQs.
- Matched play points are in the General's Handbook 2018.
- Alternatively up to date Warscrolls can be found in the WH AoS app.
As with all factions you'll want:
- The core rules are either downloadable or in the Core Book.
- Games taking place in a Realm need the Realm of Battle rules from the Core Book.
- In you want to take advantage of realm specific artefacts you'll need the Artefacts Of The Realms section from the Malign Sorcery book.
- Matched play battleplans are split across the Core Book and General's handbook 2018.
- All books should be supplemented with any updates from the FAQs.
The common keywords of these warscrolls are: ORDER, AELF and ORDER DRACONIS.
- Dragonlord: Also counts as BEHEMOTH. If you are fielding Order Draconis, this fellow is why you're doing so. It'd be like a BLT without the bacon. No one wants a lettuce and tomato sandwich. "BACON" gets to toast a unit during the shooting phase every turn. No to hit, or to wound.....just pick a unit and do damage. You can run Bacon with a lance or "dragon blade"(the kits dragon blade is a big axe or sword) in one hand. In the other hand is your choice of shield, bow or horn. If you can keep bacon on the charge the lance is your best bet. If you expect bacon to get stuck in the axe the has slightly higher damage output. And looks WAY cooler. With a shield to re-roll failed saves, bacon can get really stuck in. With support from Dragon Nobles and Dragon Blades, the warhorn and command ability can create a vicious deathstar(once per game). The bow seems silly when compared to the shield or horn. It is a great ranged attack stat line though.
- Dragon Noble: Dragonlord light.... on a horse, so that is extra light. All of the Noble's attack stat lines are weaker than the mighty BACON....except the bow. So if you want to run a bow, he's your guy. You can alternatively equip a shield for re-rolled saves or Phoenix banner. The banner is a great choice in your deathstar.
- Dragon Blades: Counts as Battleline if your army has the ORDER DRACONIS allegiance. Fairly standard cavalry stats. The drake shield re-rolls 1s and 1,2s during the shooting phase. Handy, especially with mystic shield up. Ancient dignity means that you won't have to really worry about battleshock failure. Of course, they will benefit from any of Order Draconis buffs. Re-rolling failed to hit rolls, an extra attack with each melee weapon and re-roll any dice on the charge.
Found in the Grand Alliance: Order book.
A Battalion that basically allows them to move twice in a round, and either attempt a charge if within range or use the lord's dragonfire.
(if you can wipe out your first target) [combat phase is separate from charge phase], and you only need a Dragonlord and 10 Dragon Blades to fulfil its requirements.
Note: Tournament is 2500 points. Take 3 dragon hosts and 1 Noble with phoenix banner. This allows you to have 4 articles of power, 4 heroes for objective games, and if you take the horn on all 3 of your Dragonlords, you'll have a first turn decimator.
Each horn allows all Order Drac units to get +1 attack on ALL melee profiles. This means each Dragonblade gets +1 to sword and spear and +1 to horse hooves. If you place right, use all three Dragonlords horns turn one, have noble plant the banner, and use all 3 battalions moves. This will let you get x2 moves, and re-rollable charges. You will always get into combat and your single model Dragonblade is doing 5 attacks with sword and spear and 5 attacks with horse hooves. Since it will be a charge you're hitting on 3+/3+/-/2. Since you have 6 units of 5 knights (10 attacks each) that's a total of 300 attacks turn 1. Also dragons getting possible 6 dragon breaths that you don't have to roll casting for like arcane bolts, and the mulititude of attacks from the Dragonlords, stuff dies all around you. Use the noble for marker holding or just as a statue at this point.
Also note that with so many battalions even with rolling for your articles of power you will get 1 you truly want, and 3 Dragonlords and a Noble to hold them all.
This is the super cheese.
(With Dragon Host Battalion going down 50 points we have some better options now)
1000 Point Army
-Dragonlord (x1) -Dragon Blades (x3 units of 5 knights) -Dragon Host Battalion (x1) -Ally: Eldritch Council Archmage
1500 Point Army
-Dragonlord (x2) -Dragon Blades (x4 units of 5 knights) -Dragon Host Battalion (x2)
2000 Point Army
-Dragonlord (x3) -Dragon Blades (x4 units of 5 knights) -Dragon Host Battalion (x2) -Ally: Eldritch Council Archmage -Endless Spell: Chronomantic Cogs
2250 Point Army
-Dragonlord (x3) -Dragon Blades (x6 units of 5 knights) -Dragon Host Battalion (x3)
ELDRITCH COUNCIL Who doesn't want an archmage to cast Elemental shield for them?
WANDERERS The order draconis units love to have the Sisters of the thorn buffing them. If you didn't take an enchanted shield, shield of thorns will increase survivability and do a few wounds to the attacker.
|Age of Sigmar Tactics Articles|