"One man can start a landslide with the casting of a single pebble."
- - Excerpt from The Legend of Sebastian Thor
To many, Arch-Confessor Kyrinov appears to be no different than your run-of-the-mill loudmouthed preacher, motivating the masses with endless bellowing in praise of the God-Emperor. An unsophisticated hierophant. A well-dressed, well-spoken brute. A man who epitomizes the phrase, "Blessed be the mind too small for doubt." Which is exactly what he wants them to think.
In spite of his blustering persona, Kyrinov is a cold, calculating machiavellian, the sort of person you'd get if Frank Underwood decided to become a priest instead of a politician. A master manipulator, his favored method for dealing with heresy is to bring it crashing down from within. He's also one of the Imperial Creed's most fervent adherents, believing that no sacrifice is too great, no heresy too small. Combined, these traits make him one of the most effective confessors in the Imperium. Some of this more notable accomplishments include:
- Ending the bloody reign of the Demagogue of Valaan by inciting revolt among his own subjects
- Accompanying Valhallan Ice Warriors on a Crusade of Repentance
- Crushing the Jihad of Duke Selda
- Ending the Molovian Heresy by posing as a supporter of it for three years, all the while creating a revolutionary cartel consisting of industrial, trade, and union leaders that came to encompass almost every member of Molovian society. The subsequent revolt was so unexpected and ruthlessly efficient that it not only deposed of the heretical planetary governor, but sent a clear message to the other nobles of the world. Suffice to say, Molov now has a startling reputation for efficiency and honesty when delivering its Ecclesiarchal tithes.
Canoness Veridyan is probably related to him in some way.
Unfortunately, Kyrinov was removed in the 6th edition Adepta Sororitas codex, however, you could equip a ministorum priest with his Mace of Valaan as an Ecclesiarchy Relic. As of the 8th edition Adeptus Ministorum codex, he's still without rules, and the Mace of Valaan is no longer an option either since relics were removed. This being said, you can still find homebrew rules for him in either of the /tg/ Sisters of Battle codices on this site. Note that these rules are not compatible with 8th edition.
Some homebrew rules for your gaming pleasure.
Arch-Confessor Kyrinov is a single model armed with a bolt pistol, the Mace of Valaan, frag grenades, and krak grenades. Only one KYRINOV model may be included in your army.
|Bolt pistol||12"||Pistol 1||4||0||1||-|
|The Mace of Valaan||Melee||Melee||+2||-1||2||When targeting a DAEMON, this weapon wounds on a 2+.|
|Frag Grenades||6"||Grenade D6||3||0||1||-|
|Krak Grenades||6"||Grenade 1||6||-1||D3||-|
- Shield of Faith, Zealot (see pg 90 of Index: Imperium 2)
- Icon of Chiros: All friendly ADEPTUS MINISTORUM INFANTRY and ASTRA MILITARUM INFANTRY within 6" of Arch-Confessor Kyrinov can re-roll failed Morale tests.
- Master Manipulator: If you have Arch-Confessor Kyrinov in your army, then during the first battle round you must roll a die each time your opponent spends Command Points (CPs) to use a Strategem. On a 4+, your opponent must spend one extra CP to use that Strategem, or else it has no effect (the CPs spent so far are lost). This ability cannot affect Strategems used 'before the battle begins'.
- Rosarius: Arch-Confessor Kyrinov has a 4+ invulnerable save.
- War Hymns: You can add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all friendly ADEPTUS MINISTORUM INFANTRY and ASTRA MILITARUM INFANTRY units that are within 6" of any friendly MINISTORUM PRIEST.
FACTION KEYWORDS: IMPERIUM, ADEPTUS MINISTORUM, ASTRA MILITARUM
KEYWORDS: INFANTRY, CHARACTER, MINISTORUM PRIEST, KYRINOV