Butthurt is an emotional state consisting of frustration, angst and a general attitude of "IT'S NOT FAIR!". As you may have guessed, nobody wants to be butthurt, to the extent that the word is itself an insult, meant to indicate that one's opponent in a debate is hysterical or immature.
Signs of people who are or are soon going to be butthurt are:
- A real /tg/ reaction towards marysues or certain chapters
- A DM whose Railroading has gone wrong.
- Players receiving a "Rocks fall & everyone dies!!!1!!one!"
- A DM whose players "don't understand" their "story".
- Anyone whose character got caught in a trap that is save-vs-death.
- A Chaotic Stupid character called out on their "LOL I stab paladin so randum" bullshit.
- A paladin who's about to fall because of a "baby or the mother?" moral dilemma.
- A Tau army on an urban/space-hulk battlefield. Double points if fighting Tyranids or Orks.
- Much in game alcohol use.
- People who hate the latest edition of any rules system.
- People who like the latest edition of any rules system.
- Anyone who accuses a publishing company of one or more of the following:
- in it only for the money, or otherwise accusations of being "whores";
- forcing people to buy new books to replace the ones they've been enjoying for years;
- catering to the people who've never played before;
- changing a pen-and-paper game to be more like a video game.
- See below for further on 'SKUB' pros and cons.
- People who repeatedly embarrass themselves by not knowing the meanings of the words they are using.
- People who keep refreshing a wiki page to make sure they can undo someone else's edit immediately. (Notable exceptions include the Shoutas War and that's about it.)
- ANYONE playing against 5th Edition Blood Angels who suddenly has dreadnoughts fall from the sky around them.
- Serious business Neckbeards (who risk going into convulsions if they don't get a 200% dose of grimdark on the hour every hour) looking at the Tau, Noblebright or Reasonable/pretty/Silly/etc Marines articles.
- Tyranid players due to repeatedly being fucked by
- Players whose army has been obliterated from the current meta.
- Players whose army has been nerfed in the current edition.
- Players whose army has been buffed in the current edition.
- Players whose army has become THE SHIT in the current meta.
- Players whose army are getting raped by Wraithknights.
- Orkies oo is ge'in screwed over by shiny alien gubbins.
- A squad of ork Boyz/Nobz within 3-4 inches of a tau fire warrior squad during the assault phase
- Players that are getting their shiny new Termies raped by a gang of cultists.
- A brand new titan that gets killed before it can fire a shot.
- 800 pts getting destroyed by 100 pts.
- Destroying an army and then suddenly getting ambushed by a titan. Wait, what the... CREEEEEEEEED!!!!!
- Ultramarine players who get raped on the tabletop.
- Fulgrim upon hearing revelations that Papa Smurf is alive and giving him the middle finger.
- /pol/, SJWs, and anyone excessively involved in politics, all the time. Must be that giant rectally mounted stick all of them seem to have.
- Any quartermaster after a visit from the Blood Ravens / Trazyn the Infinite
- The result of a visit from Assholetep
- Playing against Eldar on eternal crusade.
- Greyhawk fans... periodically. But especially when Tal'dorei got promoted ahead of them for 5e. (Mystarans are used to this; our arseholes got so well-stretched by Lorraine's strapon we don't even need to bite the pillow anymore.)
- Being called butthurt, usually for any of the above reasons.
- One of the earliest 20th century examples of butthurt occurred in the First World War, where the Germans accused Americans of war crimes for using Winchester 1897s to clear trenches, instead of ineffectual stabbing with bayonets.
- An even earlier example of butthurt occurred during the American Civil War when Hard-drinkin' Grant and Pimphand Sherman handed the South can after can of assrape, resulting in what "South Will Rise Again" bitches call Lost Cause--which is actually just butthurt that keeps on hurting even to this day.
- The dinosaurs' collective opinion of meteors. Whiny