Campaign:Acts of Villainy/Justin Case
- Campaign: Acts_Of_Villainy Exalted
- Name: Justin Case
- Concept: Assassin-Diplomat
- Caste/Aspect: Fiend
- Motivation: See the fulfillment of the Ebon Dragon's plans
- Urge: Make societies crumble under their own weight
- Positive intimacies:
- Negative intimacies:
- Anima: A black cloud in which words can be seen for brief moments
- Experience: 7/242
(write experience points as "unspent / total" plx)
Justin was born a peasant-boy in An-Teng. Lusted after the dynasts, got shot down, the same old story. However, he didn't give up, as most peasants do. He was determined to woo one of the women there, throwing himself entirely into his goal, arranging gift after gift, party after party. He had spent everything that he had, bribing dynasts to arrange for her to be free, buying the best of everything that she and hers liked, and on the fateful day, she simply didn't come. He fled from the ball almost as it started, his spirit crushed by what seemed to be a betrayal, where a Chrysogonae waited. His pride fractured, his ego broken, the Crying Woman hardly had to ask for him to accept the power of the Yozis.
(what other people see when they look at your character.)
Strength ●● Charisma ●●● Perception ●●● Dexterity ●●●●● Manipulation ●●●●● Intelligence ●● Stamina ●●● Appearance ●●●●● Wits ●●
Solar/Abyssal Block Archery X Integrity ●●● Craft ●●● Athletics X Bureaucracy ●● Martial Arts X Performance x Investigation X Awareness ●●● Linguistics ●●● Melee X Presence ●●●●● Lore ●● Dodge ●●●●● Ride ●●●●● Thrown ●●●●● Resistance X Medicine X Larceny ●●● Sail X War X Survival X Occult ●● Stealth X Socialize ●●●●●
Languages: Skytongue, Old Realm, Riverspeak, High Realm
(write aspect/caste and favored abilities in bold, please. also, you do not have a free dot in every ability. I put them for ease of comprehension.)
- Craft (Water): Poisons +2
Artifact: ●●●● Unwoven Coadjutor: ●●●●● Resources: ●●●●● Backing (Ebon Dragon's Demons): ●● Influence (Ebon Dragon's demons): ● Cult: ● Demonic Familiar: ●●●●● Manse: ●●
- Witness to Darkness: Cost -, Reqs 2, Permanent. He ignores all darkness around him, and all forms of visual impairment, though he takes a -1 penalty to all non-reflexives in Sunlight. In addition, any attempts to blind him are Perfectly ignored, though the Essence creating the Perfect effect is Obvious. Finally, add his Essence to his MDV against manipulation-based social attacks, but subtract it from Charisma-based social attacks he attempts.
- Seeing is Blindness: Cost 3m, Reqs 2, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Obvious, Shaping, Sorcerous, scenelong. This charm enhances a physical attack. Should the attack hit, roll (Manipulation + Presence) against a difficulty of (higher of Perception or Awareness). On a success, the target gains both the Creature of Darkness and Blindness mutations. Emerald Circle Countermagic removes only the Blindness.
- Damning Petulance Technique: Cost 3m, Reqs 3, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Shaping, Instant. Whenever a rolled action with a 1-dice stunt occurs within 10 yards, this charm can be activated to make the target number 8. Whenever a rolled action with a 0-dice stunt occurs within 10 yards, this charm can be activated to make the target number 9.
- Kill Feint Cleverness: Cost - (1 wp), Reqs 3, Permanent. Whenever a physical attack misses its target, he can reflexively spend 1 wp to regain all motes spent on 1 charm of his choice.
- Life-Blighting Emptiness Attack: 3m, reqs 2, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. Any living being his by a physical attack with this charm involved takes, in addition to all other effects, (Willpower) dice of damage. For every non-Dying level of Damage dealt, he regains 1 mote.
- Life-Denying Hate: Cost 8m, Reqs 3, Simple (Speed 4), Combo-OK, Sorcerous, Scenelong. Choose a target within sensing range that was damaged earlier in the scene. Until the scene's end, the target cannot heal by any means. If this charm is dispelled, the target takes 1 unsoakable dice of Lethal damage, but is immune for the rest of the scene. When a spirit cursed by this charm dies, it vanishes from Creation to a place of eternal solitude.
- Nemesis Self Imagined Anew: Cost 1m, Reqs 2, Simple, Combo-OK, Shaping, Indefinite. Choose a living being within (Essence) yards, and become their mirror. He gains an opposite Motivation ("Save Great Forks" becomes "Destroy Great Forks") in addition to their own. Completing this Motivation ends the charm, but doesn't allow the chance to raise Essence unless that Essence is greater than his. The death of the target also ends the charm. This charm creates an Intimacy of hatred towards the mirrored individual, which cannot be removed. When he sees a social attack against the target involving one of their intimacies, he instinctively knows, and may spend 1m to learn what that intimacy is and gain an opposite-emotion intimacy.
- Soul Crack Exposition: Cost 1m, reqs 2, Supplemental, Combo-ok, Instant. Any attack he makes on someone he mirrors with Nemesis Self Imagined is Unnatural Mental Influence. If the attack preys on an Intimacy, it's at Target Number 6, if it strikes the Motivation it's at Target Number 5, and should it hit both at once, it's Target Number 4.
- Cracked Cell Circumvention: Cost 2m or 2m 1wp, Reqs 2, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. When attempting to escape from confinement, double the successes of the action, or the pool involved in it. If used on attacks, this doubling happens before DV.
- Bloodless Murk Evasion: 4m, reqs 3, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Obvious, Shaping, Instant. He can perfect dodge any physical attack he can perceive, even Undodgeable attacks. Rather than moving conventionally, he melts, and flows to a place within (Willpower) yards. He can't move through anything solid, but the slightest crack lets him through.
- Hellscry Chakra: Cost 5m, Reqs 2, Simple, Combo-OK, Indefinite. Note: This charm is always on at full. The Infernal opens his caste mark as an invisible third eye on his brow. While active, he:
Perceives dematerialized Demons with all senses, recognizing them as incorporeal
Perceives all possessing demons as auras around their host
Adds (Essence) bonus successes on all rolls to notice natives of Malfeas, track them, or pierce disguise attempts. If they use magic to contest this, he can spend one Willpower to automatically succeed.
Learns the Motivation and general capabilities of any demons he encounters, as well as their nature being Obvious to him
Automatically recognizes non-demon natives of Malfeas as such, though he learns nothing else about them.
- Ephemeral Abrasion Curse
- Wayward Divinity Oversight x3: Cost - (+1m to +3m), Reqs 3, Permanent. This charm enhances Hellscry Chakra, expanding it to cover Gods as though they were demons for 1m, Elementals as though they were demons for an additional 1m, and Exalts as though they were demons for a final 1m.
- Demonic Primacy of Essence: Cost -, Reqs 2, Permanent, Servitude, Social. Whenever a character with this charm makes a Social Attack against a native of Malfeas with a lower Essence rating, it's considered Unnatural mental Influence, as well as the target taking a penalty to their MDV equal to the difference. Malfean natives do the same thing to him, however, though they don't gain the Unnatural Mental Influence benefit. Gods, Elementals and Exalts also take the penalty, but cannot gain the bonus
- Transcendent Desert Creature: Cost -, Reqs 2, Permanent. He gains the following effects:
He suffers no environmental penalties in places of desolation
All foraging rolls requiring 4 or more successes require 1
The penalty for starvation or thirst cannot rise above -3.
All mundane attempts to track him fail. Magical attempts suffer an external penalty equal to his Essence
He adds his Essence to the difficulty to notice him in places of desolation
- Sand Through Fingers Defense: Cost 3m, reqs 2, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. He may turn to sand around an attack, perfectly dodging undodgeable, but not unexpected, attacks.
Regeneration: (twice the rating of your hearthstone(s) when active, 4/hour more when relaxed, 8/hour more when sleeping)
Personal Essence Pool: 23/23
Peripheral Essence Pool: 36/52
Committed Essence: 16
(write your essence pools as "current / maximum". current should be lower than maximum if you have motes committed to artifacts or if we finished a session while you wasn't at your maximum essence. commit from peripheral.)
Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●
Compassion ●●● Conviction ● Temperance ●●● Valor ●●
Torment: □□□□□ □□□□□
- Yoroi Rapid Response Armor
- Space-Warping Needle
- Cache Egg (2-dot)
Manses and Hearthstones
- Prism of Focused Passion - Manse 2 - gain 3 extra dice on attempts to inflame emotions, and treat the target's Temperance as though it were 2 lower, minimum 1
- House of Easy Rest - Manse 2 - A big whorehouse in a small town, simply stepping into the House seems to set the blood pumping.
Dodge DV: 8(dex+dodge+Ess)/2 round up
Dodge MDV: 8(will+integ+Ess)/2 round down
Soak: 7A/8L/11B (add armor and 0A/(Sta/2 round down)L/(Sta)B)
Pierced: 3A/4L/7B (add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 3A/3L/3B (armor only)
- Space-Warping Needle
Speed 5, Accuracy 12, Damage 1L, Rate 3, Range 50, Attune 1, Piercing
Special: Unblockable, avoids soak from non-artifact armor, and ignores penalties from cover. Can be returned to hand for 1m.
- Yozi Venom
10A/minute, Toxicity 5L, Penalty -5
- Virtue-Devouring Potion
The drinker must make a (Virtue) + Integrity check, Difficulty 3, and an additional check every hour for the next 3 hours. For every failed check, the imbiber loses a virtue channel in that virtue. When all virtue channels are gone, a point of the virtue is lost, regained after a night's rest. Should the target fail an Integrity check with no channels and only one remaining point of the virtue, they go into limit break for one hour:
- Compassion: Deliberate Cruelty (Exalted, p. 105)
- Conviction: Mercurial Temperament. She is unable to make or adhere to plans, and flits from one project to another at the slightest difficulty.
- Temperance: Overindulgence (Exalted p. 105)
- Valor: Craven Cowardice. She flees before any threat and capitulates before any force.
one Dying level per dot of Stamina
- 8 BP: Abilities
- 1 BP: Specialty
- 4 BP: Willpower
- 2 BP: Backgrounds
- 16 XP: Dex 5
- 12 XP: Appearance 4
- 16 XP: Essence 3
- 24 XP: Essence 4
- 8 XP: Bloodless Murk Evasion
- 8 XP: Damning Petulance Technique
- 8 XP: Kill Feint Cleverness
- 24 XP: Wayward Divinity Oversight
- 5 XP: Presence 4
- 7 XP: Presence 5
- 33 XP: Backgrounds
- 10 XP: Lore 2, Occult 2
- 16 XP: Appearance 5
- 32 XP: Essence 5
- 6 XP: Integrity 1 --> 3
- 3 XP: Larceny 3
- 8 XP: Awareness 0 --> 3
- 8 XP: Demonic Primacy of Essence
it's also helpful (but optional) if you write out charms you intend to buy