Campaign:Acts of Villainy/Solene of the Discordant Blades
- Campaign: Acts of Villainy
- Name: Solene of the Discordant Blades
- Concept: Dual-natured Scourge out to troll Creation.
- Caste/Aspect: Scourge
- Motivation: Share the fury of the Yozis with Creation until they also feel nothing but rage.
- Urge: Interrupt anything a Celestial is doing that they consider important.
- Positive intimacies: Adorjan, Malfeas, Adraelii
- Negative intimacies: Lookshy
- Anima: Twisted red afterimages in the wake of her movements that gradually disperse into swirls of color on the wind
- Experience: 45/287
Solene is a slight woman of unnaturally pale skin, only a few inches over five feet tall. Raven-black hair rests at shoulder length, the ends frayed from the abuses of speed. Her eyes are a dark gray and almost perpetually narrowed. Her wings resembling sharply pointed, ragged edged falcon wings, their physical forms obscured by an impenetrable veil of shadow and mist. She is rarely found out of her armor, but in such cases she typically wears dark, relatively inelaborate clothes that do not restrict her range of motion and maintain some semblance of aerodynamism should speed be necessary. Occasionally, depending on her attire, the tattooed form a great jade lion can be seen ascending the right side of her back, its claws often sunk into her shoulder and the back of her neck.
Strength ●●●(●●●●) Charisma ●●●(●) Perception ●●●(●●) Dexterity ●●●●●(●) Manipulation ● Intelligence ●●●(●) Stamina ●●●(●●●●) Appearance ●●● Wits ●●●
Archery x Integrity ●●●(●●) Craft x Athletics ●●●●● Bureaucracy x Martial Arts x Performance ●● Investigation ● Awareness ●●● Linguistics ●(●) Melee ●●●●● Presence ●●●●● Lore ● Dodge x Ride x Thrown x Resistance ●●●●(●●) Medicine x Larceny ●● Sail x War x Survival x Occult x Stealth ●●●●● Socialize x
Specialties: Melee (Dual Wielding +3), Stealth (Urban +1), [Coadjutor] Presence (Offending Gods +1), [Tattoo] Resistance (vs Zeniths +1), Occult (Heresy +2)
Languages: Riverspeak, Foresttongue, Old Realm
Artifact: ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●
- (Aegis-Inset Amulets): ●
- (Demon Ink Tattoo (Teodozji)): ●●●
- (Green Iron Heart): ●●●●
- (The Cost of Heroism, paired short daiklaves): ●●●●●
- (Impenetrable Silence, Hellforged Battle Armor): ●●●●●
- (Yesterday's Shackles, integrated tainted Jade PKB/Hearthstone Bracers): ●●●● + ●●
- (Fetters of the Reclaimed, integrated Silken Armor): ●●
Manse: ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●●
- The Spire of Illusions: ●●●
- The Spire of the Indomitable: ●●●
- The Spire of Twisted Winds: ●●●
- The Spire of Silence: ●●●●
Unwoven Coadjutor: ●●●●●(●)
Backing (Adorjani): ●●●●●
Cult (Adorjani): ●
Influence (Adorjani): ●
- Hardened Devil Body: Permanent. 3x -2 and 1x -4 health levels per purchase.
- By Pain Reforged: (C-OK) 1hl, Reflexive, Scene. Ignore all negative effects associated with bashing damage.
- Scar-Writ Saga Shield x3: Permanent. Adds full stamina to lethal soak and bashing hardness. Adds Essence to lethal and bashing soak.
- Pathetic Distraction Rebuke: (C-OK) 3m, Reflexive, Instant. Ignore all penalties to Parry DV. If By Pain Reforged is active, add greatest wound penalty to Parry DV.
- Invulnerable Wounding Futility: (C-OK) 3m, Reflexive, Instant. Destroy non-magical projectiles. Close-combat attackers take unblockable, unsoakable bashing equal to (Infernal's soak-incoming damage). Dodged attacks cannot be countered. Raw damage for parried attacks equal the weapon's base damage.
- Ablation of Brass and Fire: (C-OK) 4m, Reflexive, Instant. Flaw: Must be in an area developed for habitation or use. Perfect parry.
- Wind-Born Stride x3: Permanent. Dashing has no DV penalty. Automatically succeed crossing treacherous terrain. Add (Ess) to Dexterity for base dashing speed and ignore wound penalties when dashing.
- Thousandfold Typhoon Hand: (C-OK) 1m 1wp, Reflexive, Instant. A single attack becomes unexpected. Non-Extra targets can spend 1wp to negate this. May only benefit one action in a flurry.
- Racing Vitaris: (C-OK) (Velocity) 5m, Reflexive, One hour. Speed is tripled. Anyone standing within 5 yards of activation must check for knockdown (Difficulty: Essence). Anyone standing within 100 yards of activation is blinded until the Infernal's next action. Magical beings may roll (Wits+Awareness) at difficulty 3 to avoid.
- Death-Dealing Journey: (C-OK) (Velocity) 3m, Reflexive, Indefinite. Dash reflexively each tick as if taking Move actions.
- Who Strikes The Wind?: (C-OK) 3m, Reflexive, Instant. Flaw: Must be moving faster than base move rate. Perfect dodge.
- Kalamanka's Grace: Permanent. Reduces the cost of Who Strikes The Wind by: 1m against ranged attacks as long as the Exalt is moving towards the attacker. 1m against extras. 1m against attacks by mortals or natural animals.
- Laughing Gust Denial: Permanent. May pay 6m to extend Who Strikes The Wind to cover all incoming attacks for one tick.
- Joy in Violence Approach: (C-OK) 1m/success, Supplemental, Instant. Add 1 success per mote spent up to lowest of Dex or Wits when Joining Battle. Add successes equal to purchases of Wind-Born Stride. Gain one Willpower when using this charm for the first time in a scene (two if Joining Battle from social combat) if you are initiating the fight.
- Self as Cyclone Stance: (C-OK) 4m 1wp, Extra Action, Instant. Magical flurry of any Attribute/Ability based actions other than ranged attacks. Not limited to a fixed number of actions. Does not suffer usual multiple action penalties. Inflicts no DV penalties. Each action after the first suffers a cumulative -1 penalty. Normal rate limits apply.
- Scarlet Rapture Shintai: (C-Basic) (Form-Type) 12m 1wp (3m), Extra Action, Instant. Magical flurry of two actions. Suffers no multiple action penalties, ignores rate. DV penalty equal to the highest penalty of the two. May not include ranged attacks.
- Threat-Monitoring Excitement: (C-OK) 1m, Reflexive, Instant. Perfect detection of any threat in range. Makes unexpected attacks expected.
- Running to Forever: Permanent. Continuous dashing counts as sleep for all recuperative purposes. Actual sleep no longer offers any benefit.
Personal Essence Pool: 24/24
Peripheral Essence Pool: 11/54
Committed Essence: 14 (Bracers), 10 (Razors), 8 (Armor), 8 (Heart), 3 (Tattoo)
Compassion ● Conviction ●●●●(●) Temperance ● Valor ●●●
Virtue flaw: Conviction
Demon Ink Tattoo [Teodozjia] (Resistance (vs Zeniths +1) Occult (Blasphemy +2), Resistance +2 Linguistics +1, Dexterity +1 Charisma +1 Intelligence +1 - Attune 3)
Aegis-Inset Amulets (Reduces attune cost of armor by 2m)
The Cost of Heroism (Tragedy and Suffering) (Paired short daiklaves - S:3 A:+5 D:+5L Def:+2 R:3 - Attune 10)
Three feet long, these vitriol-etched jade daiklaves bear only passing resemblance to any existing Terrestrial style of short daiklave - their slender lengths featuring only one long cutting edge, curving slightly to form a tip at one end. The reverse edge blurs into flickering shadows and mist, forming dark afterimages that follow each stroke of the blade, twisted forms that sever Essence flows and sap inner strength as they strike.
For every successful hit in a flurry, the blades drain a mote from the target and grant it to the wielder. If the total damage of the flurry after hardness and soak exceeds the mote cost of a currently active charm on the target, the wielder can choose to negate the charm. The cost of such an action is equal to the target's Essence. If the target's Essence is equal to or greater than the wielder's Essence, they can opt to expend a point of temporarily Willpower to retain the charm. Outside of a flurry, neither of these effects function - a single attack lacks the necessary energy. If the blades strike a target affected by sorcery or necromancy, they can shatter the spell - at significant cost. The wielder must pay motes equal to the original caster's Essence, as well as a point of temporary willpower to sever a spell on the level of Terrestrial sorcery. This cost is doubled for spells of the Celestial level, and tripled for those of the Solar level. This effect can also be invoked when perfectly parrying a shaped spell that strikes along a path (such as Death of Obsidian Butterflies) - though it will not retroactively spare anyone between the caster and the wielder, it will immediately terminate the spell at the point of the wielder, unraveling it completely. Whether this effect can be used on a given spell or not is at the discretion of the ST. For their power to be functional, the blades must be used as a pair: independently they are still masterfully crafted, but cannot draw upon each other to unlock their most striking powers.
Impenetrable Silence (Hellforged Battle Armor - S:13L/13B H:9L/9B F:3 Attune 8)
- Integrated: Fetters of the Reclaimer (Silken Armor - S:+5L/+3B)
- Integrated: Yesterday's Shackles (Jade Hearthstone/Perfected Kata Bracers - DDV+1.5, Speed -1. After a form-type used: +Essence accuracy/damage/defense/soak. Attune 14)
- Filtration Baffles: +2 Resistance against poison/disease, 1h supply of fresh air
- Sensory Augmentation Visor: Reflexive +2 to Awareness (free) or Essence Sight (3m, scenelong, can also perceive spirits/ghosts/living/enchanted objects/demenses/manses)
- Exomuscular Fibers: +2 Strength for feats of strength
- Peripatetic Greaves: Doubled move rate, 10mph marching rate
- Reinforced Gauntlets/Boots:
- Gauntlet: S:5 Acc:+1 D:+5B Def:+2 R:3
- Boot: S:5 Acc:+0 D:+6B Def:-1 R:2
- Adaptive Camouflage Subsystem: +2 Stealth while moving, +3 stationary, blocks essence sight, can change colors/imagery
- Demonic Intelligence: Inhabited by another Teodozjia, +1 to Coadjutor rating
- Law of Perpetual Motion (Adorjan): +Essence to all movement
- Enchanted Stride: Move 10x faster when dashing (5m)
- Essence Shield: DV+2 (4m, scenelong)
- Enhanced Durability (factored above)
Impenetrable Silence was the second of the prototype Hellforged Battle Armors, the first the cherished possession of Chain of Creation's Freedom. Crafted from dark vitriol-soaked Amphelisia hides and countless smoothly interlinked plates of blackened Teodozji jade, Impenetrable Silence bears a sleeker, more elegant form than its brethren both Hellforged and Celestial, befitting the nature of the Silent Wind. Rather than a full helmet, Impenetrable Silence has a visor that wraps around the head in a thick band, covering and obscuring the eyes of the wearer entirely. The normal careful construction of the lenses from a mix of magical materials has been constructed so as to contain a thin layer of liquid vitriol between them, allowing a sufficiently powerful Coadjutor to use it as an effective threat identification display. The shoulderplates have been reinforced with a second shaped plate of thicker jade, each bearing five long, triangular vanes that stretch some six inches past the shoulderplates themselves, terminating in sharp points. The wristplates are similarly reinforced, starmetal and brass etchings weaving elaborate patterns on their surface. The plating on the back bears two long slats, allowing her wings through with full range of motion. Grey swathes of essence spider silk are alternately tightly bound as another layer of reinforcement beneath the plates and allowed to drape free over the arms, shoulders, and around her torso and waist. At speed, they come free - trailing behind her in streamers of various lengths, though at rest they always seem to wind back around her unbidden.
Manses and Hearthstones
Even more TL;DR here.
(the following hearthstones are all listed in detail here.
Jewel of the Elusive
Jewel of the Defiant
Jewel of the Contradictive
Blood-stained Wind Gemstone
Dodge DV: 8
Parry DV: 8
Dodge MDV: 9
Soak: 18A/30L/28B (PKB: 35L/33B
Pierced: 9A/21L/20B (PKB: 26L/25B
Join Battle: 11
Base Speed: 22yd/s (45mph)
Dash Speed: 54yd/s (110mph)
Dash Speed (Racing Vitaris): 108yd/s (220mph)
Dash Speed (Enchanted Stride): 540yd/s (1104mph)
Dash Speed (RV + ES): 1080yd/s (2209mph)
(Aerial speeds are the same. Dive speed is at Stride speed, minus the cost (the two do not stack). Stride speed for ascent/level flight requires a Stride activation.)
Tragedy and Suffering (Speed 3, Accuracy 22, Damage 18L, Parry DV 8, Rate 4, Tags -)
with PKB active (Speed 3, Accuracy 27, Damage 23L, Parry DV 11, Rate 6, Tags -)
4BP: Willpower +2
2BP: Melee +2
2BP: Presence +2
2BP: Athletics +2
2BP: Stealth +2
2BP: Specialties +4
1BP: Backing +1
72XP: Essence +3
39XP: Manse +13
30XP: Artifact +10
6XP: Backing +2
6XP: Coadjutor +2
6XP: Mutation (Wings)
-- XP past 232 --
8XP: Scar-Writ Saga Shield #3 16XP: Wind-Borne Stride #2 + #3
ffff 48XP to get excellency + realization, need the motes too badly
- Opened Eye of the Hurricane: (C-Basic) 8m 1wp, Reflexive, Scene-long. All DDV penalties from coordinated attacks/onslaught become bonuses instead. In Mass Combat, negates all advantages higher Magnitude units get against the Infernal as long as solo. Charm does not function if stationary, though resuming movement resumes effects.
- Unimpeded Perfection of Exertion: Permanent. While dashing: Automatically maintain balance, exert no weight on solid objects. Add lower of (Dex or Ath) to the difficulty of all tracking attempts. Add specialty: Stealth (Moving Silently +3).
- Faster Than Sight: (C-OK) (Velocity) 5m, Reflexive, Indefinite. -2 external on attempts to notice/attack or +2 successes on contested Stealth rolls. Ranged attacks automatically miss without Charms or stunts. Tracking attempts automatically fail. +(Ess) successes to opposed rolls against perfect tracking effects.