- 1 Basics
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Backgrounds
- 5 Charms
- 6 Essence
- 7 Willpower
- 8 Virtues
- 9 Inventory
- 10 Combat
- 11 Advancement
Concept: Kung Fu Merchant
Motivation: "Kill every other practitioner of Tiger Style, thus making me its unquestionable master."
Positive intimacies: Making money, Acting, Solar Empire!
Anima: A large Siberian Tiger made of pure gold, getting brighter and brighter until it hits white on the edges. The overall effect gives the appearance of a flimsy and fluctuating golden tiger in a barrier of white, like an eclipse.
- 10m, 1wp: When an Eclipse Caste Solar is party or witness to an oath, he may use his anima to sanctify it. The character must shake hands to seal the agreement or touch the hands of those who are party to it. Anyone who breaks it, Exalt included, botches a critical action. This can be activated without cost when the Solar is in the 11+ peripheral essence range.
- Crowned Suns and their companions who are on legitimate business with those beings may not be attacked without just cause (though they may be goaded into attacking and nullifying the oaths).
- Provided they have a tutor, they may learn the Charms of other types of Exalted, spirits or the Fair Folk. These Charms cost double the normal experience of Favored Charms to learn (usually 16 points). In addition, these Charms cost an additional 2 motes to use.
Although originally from the Western Archipelago (which is the most specific he will get about it), he left it soon after Exaltation due to Realm presence ; which is never a good thing to have when you've just become a Deceiver. While he was living in the west, up till his Exaltation at 24, he was the proprietor of a thriving fishing company. Though wit and sheer dumb luck, Keiran made it over the ocean, and he continued East, settling in the edge of Haslanti territory, fishing in the white sea; where he gained wealth over a period of 7 years(but not too much, as to alert people). But this time was not spent just making money. He was also training, learning techniques and skills granted to him by the Unconquerable Sun (And maybe a few others of that stature). After hearing of the presence of a Circle in Whitewall, he set off there.
Keiran is a moderately tall man, a tad shy of six foot. His skin is a tanned colour, from too much time in the sun and his hair is two and a half inches above his shoulder, and a deep purple, almost black; indicating some sort of Western heritage. While fairly tall, he is small framed and lanky. His standard clothing is a deep red silk gi, almost scarlet in colour; with black hems. This is worn under fine clothes, normally of a design relative to where he is. They are normally a duller earth colour.
Strength ●● Charisma ●●●● Perception ●●● Dexterity ●●●●● Manipulation ●●●● Intelligence ●● Stamina ●●●● Appearance ●●● Wits ●●●
Archery Integrity ● Craft Athletics ●●● Bureaucracy ●●●●● Martial Arts ●●●●● Performance ●●●●● Investigation Awareness ●●●●● Linguistics ●● Melee Presence ●●●●● Lore ●● Dodge ●●●●● Ride ●●●●● Thrown Resistance ●● Medicine Larceny Sail ●●●● War Survival ●● Occult ● Stealth ● Socialize ●●●●●
Learned: Skytongue, Old Realm
- Resource 4
- Artifact 2
- Razer Claws
- Artifact 2
- Silk Armour
- Influence 2
- Monkey Leap Technique (Ath 1, Ess 2 pg 223): 3m, Combo-OK, Reflexive, One scene. Can jump with a movement action instead of a misc action. Double distance of all jumps.
- Second Athletics Excellency (Ath 1, Ess 1) 2m: Reflexive (Step 1 Attacker, Step 2 Defender), Combo-OK, Instant. The exalt evokes this charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice.
- Surprise Anticipation Method (Awareness 5, Ess 2 pg 226): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. This Charm guarantees success on any valid Awareness roll to notice immediate mortal danger. This Charm works whether in or out of battle, awake or asleep. If the Exalt has a chance to notice a surprise attack during a prolonged struggle, he does so. If the Exalt’s player must make such a roll and has a chance of failing it, and if the Solar can invoke this Charm, this Charm invokes itself automatically. At that time, if the player has a Combo containing this Charm, he may declare the use of that Combo instead of just the Surprise Anticipation Method Charm.
- Second Awareness Excellency (Awa 1, Ess 1) 2m: Reflexive (Step 1 Attacker, Step 2 Defender), Combo-OK, Instant. The exalt evokes this charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice.
- Keen Sight Technique (Awa 3, Ess 2) 3m: Reflexive, Combo-OK, One scene. This Charm gives two bonus successes on Awareness actions that use the relevant senses. It also allows the character to clearly perceive sensory impressions that are normally too faint for human senses to validly observe at all. The character can make out the detail on a commander’s epaulet at 500 yards distance, at night. He can see the individual threads of a shirt, and with a legendary success, he can make out the motion of the mites that live on others’ eyebrows.
- Second Bureaucracy Excellency (Bureau 1, Ess 1) 2m: Reflexive (Step 1 Attacker, Step 2 Defender), Combo-OK, Instant. The exalt evokes this charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice.
- Speed the Wheels (Bureau 3, Ess 1) 8m: Simple (Dramatic Action), Combo-OK, Indefinite. The Solar communicates his desire for speedy resolution to the organization, and his player rolls ([Intelligence or Charisma] + Bureaucracy), adding the Solar’s Essence in automatic successes. The difficulty of this roll is 1. If the person responsible for this project deliberately engages in delays, subtract an external penalty of ([that person’s Intelligence + Bureaucracy] ÷ 2) from the successes on the Bureaucracy roll. The Solar is aware of such delaying tactics, however. If the Solar succeeds, this Charm divides the time needed to begin the project by (the Solar’s Essence + 1), with a maximum possible time of one season.
- Shadow Over Water (Dodge 3, Ess 1 pg 227): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. It allows the Exalt to ignore all penalties that apply to her Dodge DV when resolving that attack. Her Dodge DV is still 0 against an undodgeable attack, but she takes no further penalties.
- Seven Shadow Evasion (Dodge 4, Ess 2 pg 227): 3m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. The Exalt invokes this Charm in response to an attack. The attack must not be unexpected. This Charm is a dodge that perfectly defends against the attack—even if the attack is undodgeable. This Charm does not function when a Solar’s actions are contrary to his Motivation.
- Integrity-Protecting Prana (Integrity 1, Ess 1 pg 199): 5m, 1wp; Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, One day. This Charm protects the character from any Shaping effect that directly alters her mind, body, spirit or traits. This includes instantaneous Shaping effects and any new alterations caused by long-term Shaping effects. This Charm also protects the character from any undodgeable, unblockable Shaping attacks.
- Sagacious Reading of Intent (Linguistics 1, Ess 1 p 233): 3m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Social, Instant. This Charm identifies the motivation behind a given statement that the Exalt reads or hears—a one-sentence summary of what the person making that statement hopes to gain. If the Exalt invokes this Charm to defend against a social attack and the attacker’s purpose is fundamentally hostile to the Exalt or the Exalt’s Motivation, this Charm perfectly negates the attack.
- Whirling Brush Method (Lin 1, Ess 1) 4m: Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. This Charm supplements a dramatic action to write something down—be it a copy of an existing book, the transcript of a live conversation or an original work. This Charm allows the character to write at (her Essence x 10) times her normal speed.
- First Martial Arts Excellency (MA 1, Ess 1) Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender), Combo-OK, Instant. The Exalt’s player can invoke this Charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. This Charm then adds one die to that roll for each mote spent. Characters can also use this Charm to enhance unrolled uses of the relevant Ability. When enhancing static values, her player rollsone die for each mote spent on the First Excellency. Each success increases her effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for the task by two. Therefore, each success on the First Excellency roll increases an applicable static value by one. Characters cannot use this or other Excellencies or diceadding Charms to “create” actions.
- Striking Cobra Technique (MA 2, Ess 1) 3m: Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. This Charm supplements a Join Battle action, adding a number of automatic successes to the character’s Join Battle roll equal to his Martial Arts score.
- Crimson Leaping Cat Technique (MA 2, Ess 2 SotM pg 107): 3m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Obvious, One Action. With this Charm active, add the character’s Martial Arts score to her Dexterity for purposes of determining how far she can move, dash or jump in a single action.
- Striking Fury Claws Attack (MA 3, Ess 2 SotM pg 107): 2m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. The character’s Essence infuses his hands with the power of a tiger’s deadly claws. His blows inflict lethal damage even if he isn’t wearing tiger claws. If he is using tiger claws, add a number of damage dice equal to the character’s Essence to his raw damage for the attack.
- Tiger Form (MA 4, Ess 2): 6m, Simple (Speed 3), Form-Type. While using the Tiger Form, add the character’s Martial Arts score to her raw damage when making Martial Arts attacks barehanded or while wearing tiger claws. The martial artist also adds her permanent Essence to her bashing and lethal soak totals. The character’s Martial Arts attacks automatically inflict lethal damage in the form of bloody lacerations even if she isn’t wearing tiger claws, and the character, suffers no penalties for fighting while prone.
- Raging Tiger Pounce (MA 4, Ess 2 SotM pg 108) 2m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, One Action. With the ferocious grace of a tiger leaping onto its doomed prey, the character uses his Essence to guide his attacks. If the player rolls a successful attack, the martial artist automatically knocks his opponent down. Only Charms or similar magical effects specifically designed to maintain a target character’s balance can prevent the victim from falling.
- Spine-Shattering Bite (Ma 4, Ess 3 SotM 108) 3m + 1m per die, Simple, Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. The character’s Essence hardens her hands so they cause massive and deadly wounds. The character’s unarmed punch attacks inflict a minimum of four levels of lethal damage (whether she uses tiger claws or not). For each additional mote of Essence spent, the character adds one die to a single attack, up to a limit of her [(Dexterity + Martial Arts) x 2]. The attacker’s hands can even claw through wooden or iron bound doors and deeply score stone in a single blow.
- Second Performance Excellency (Per 1, Ess 1) 2m: Reflexive (Step 1 Attacker, Step 2 Defender), Combo-OK, Instant. The exalt evokes this charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. The Exalt then spends up to (Attribute + Ability) in motes. This Charm adds one success to a roll for every two motes spent. Therefore, if a Solar had a (Dexterity + Melee) total of 8, he could purchase up to four successes with the Second Excellency. Any magical effects that hinge on the character buying dice will then react as if the character had just bought eight (Dexterity + Melee) dice.
- Heart-Compelling Method (Per 4, Ess 2) 6m: Supernatural, Combo-OK, Emotion, Social, One Scene. The Solar Exalted rise above the common through their understanding of others’ desires. This Charm supplements a Performance-based roll to rouse emotion in others. It exerts unnatural mental influence on every valid target of this roll. If their MDV is less than the extra successes on the roll, this Charm inspires the desired emotion intensely for a scene. Resisting the influence costs two Willpower.
- Husband-Seducing Demon Dance (Per 5, Ess 3) 10m, 1wp: Simple (Speed 6 in long ticks), Combo-OK, Emotion, Obvious, Social, Instant. The Solar gives a performance, her player rolling ([Charisma or Manipulation] + Performance) and adding her Appearance in bonus dice. This Charm exerts unnatural mental influence on all who witness it. Characters with Mental DV less than the Solar’s successes must spend two Willpower or fall instantly in love either with the Solar or something the Solar represents. This love is a form of commitment (see p. 201). Targets can break the commitment naturally but they must spend one Willpower in each scene where they deliberately attempt to shake it off.
- Memory-Reweaving Discipline (Per 5, Ess 2) 10m, 1wp: Simple (Speed 5 in long ticks), Combo-OK, Illusion, Social, Instant. The Lawgivers define others’ reality. This Charm is a Performance- based social attack that encourages a specific belief—for example, overwriting the audience’s memories and convincing them that the Solar has always lived in their town. This Charm exerts unnatural mental influence on every valid target of this roll. If their MDV is less than the extra successes on the roll, this Charm inspires them to believe. It also creates an instant commitment (see p. 201) to that belief. Shaking off the illusion requires one Willpower per scene, and the effect lasts until the targets break their commitment to the false belief.
- Minds Yield to Glory (Per 5, Ess 3 Abyssals 143) -m: Permanent. This Charm expands its prerequisite, increasing its duration to one month. If the Solar has Essence 4+, he can make the cost five Willpower to resist when the first opportunity to fulfill the order arises (in lieu of one Willpower per day), after which the Charm ends. Finally, if the Lawgiver has Essence 5+, the mote cost to activate Poisoning the Will is only the target’s Essence rating instead of 10m.
- Ox Body Technique (Resistance 1, Essence 1 pg 208): -, Permanent, Stackable, Permanent. One -1 health level and two -2 health levels
- Ox Body Technique (Resistance 1, Essence 1 pg 208): -, Permanent, Stackable, Permanent. One -1 health level and two -2 health levels
- Master Horseman's Techniques (Ride 1, Essence 1 pg 234: -, Permanent, Instant. The Lawgiver can spend one mote reflexively to call a mount loyal to him to his side. The mount makes its way to him as circumstances best allow.
- Phantom Steed (Ride 5, Ess 3) 10m, 1wp: Simple, Combo-OK, Obvious, One day. The Solar shapes a pure white steed with a burning golden mane from the Essence of the world. This Charm creates a war horse that needs no sleep, rest or food. This war horse is loyal to the character and has Control Rating 2.
- Wild Revelry Approach (Soc 3, Ess 2) 3m, 1wp: Simple (6 Long Ticks) Combo-OK, Emotion, Instant. This Charm is a socialize-based social attack to make a group feel a strong emotion—to lose itself in hatred, grief, lust or the joy of festival. It functions exactly as Wise-Eyed Courtier Method, save that its unnatural mental influence imposes an Emotion effect rather than a belief.
- Mastery of Small Matters (Soc 2, Ess 1) 1m: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender), Combo-OK, Social, Until Next Action. This Charm makes her responses to social situations so natural and appropriate that in social combat she treats all enemy groups as one point of Magnitude smaller than they are (to a minimum of 0.) It also increases her effective Appearance by one dot. When in doubt, other characters will be more apt to do small favors and provide hospitality than not. Finally, this Charm ensures that the character understands the basic motivations of everyone present in the scene, as if her player had rolled three successes on a mundane Investigation roll to estimate each person’s motives.
- Gathering the Congregation (Soc 3, Ess 3) 10m, 1wp: Simple (Speed 5 Long), Combo-OK, Obvious, Social, One Week. The Exalt attempts to persuade everyone who can hear him to organize in his service, his player rolling (Charisma + [Performance or Socialize]). This Charm organizes all characters whom the Exalt successfully persuades into a social group under the Exalt’s direction. The group dissolves if the Exalt abandons it for more than a day.
- Heartfelt Honorific Opportunity (Soc 5, Ess 3 Abyssals 143) 3m, 1wp: Supplemental, Combo-OK, Social, Instant. The Solar’s courtesies catch opponents off guard. This Charm may enhance any Manipulation-based social attack, making the attack unexpected. It is explicitly permitted to supplement actions using other Abilities.
- (Awareness-Dodge)Surprise Seven Shadows Method (Dodge 4, Awa 5, Ess 2) 4m, 1wp: Reflexive, Instant. The Exalt scores an automatic success to notice a surprise attack, and dodges it. This dodge is a dodge that perfectly defends against the attack—even if the attack is undodgeable. This Combo does not function when a Solar’s actions are contrary to his Motivation.
Personal Essence Pool: 12/20
Peripheral Essence Pool: 35/35/43 (Current, Base, Total)
Committed Essence: 8 in Artifacts
- 6m- Razor Claws
- 2m- Silken Armour
- 5m- Discreet Essence Armour
Compassion ●● Conviction ●●● Temperance ● Valor ●●●
Virtue flaw: Valor
Limit: XXX□□ □□□□□
Limit Break Condition: Berserk Anger (Page 105)
- Razor Claws Speed 5, Accuracy +5, Damage +5L, Defense +3, Rate 4 Minimums Str 1, Dex 2; Attune 6, Cost 2, Tags M (+2 Die to Climbing)
- Silken Armour- +5L/+3B, Attune 2, Does not inhibit Martial Arts
- Fine or Fancy Clothing (Resource 2)
- Fine War Horse (Resource 3)
- Talons of Cloud Slicing- Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +4L, Rate 4, Minimum Str 1, Tags M
- Discreet Essence Armour- Pay 3 motes for +5L/5B Soak and 3L/3B Hardness. Reduces the attacker’s damage rolls by a -1 external penalty. Automatically activates unless reflexively stopped. Attune 5
- Harmonic Adapter of Orichalcum- Attached to discreet essence armour of Starmetal
Manses and Hearthstones
Dodge DV: 7
Dodge MDV: 5
Pierced: 6A/6L/5B (add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 0A/2L/2B (armor only)
(Speed X, Accuracy X, Damage XL, Parry DV X, Rate X, Tags X, Y, Z)
- Razor Claws: Speed 5, Accuracy 15, Damage +5L, Defense 13, Rate 4
- Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 0, Damage +0B, Parry DV –1, Tags C, N, P
- Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 0, Damage +3B, Parry DV -2, Rate 2, Tags N
- Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +0B, Parry DV +2, Rate 3, Tags N
- Talons of Cloud Slicing: Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +4L, Rate 4, Tags M
- 3xp- First Dot Athletics
- 2xp- Second Dot Ath
- 3xp- First Dot Sail
- 2xp- Second Dot Sail
- 2xp- Second Dot Linguistics (Skytongue)
- 3xp- First Dot Stealth
- 6xp- Artifact 2
- 2xp- First Dot Resistance
- 2xp- Second Dot Resistance
- 3xp- Third Dot Ride
- 8xp- Fifth Dot Performance
- 3xp- First Dot Survival
- 4xp- Third Dot Athletics
- 9xp- SAM/SSE Combo
- 16xp- Third Dot Essence
- 8xp- Second Performance Excellency
- 5xp- Fourth Dot Ride
- 7xp- Fifth Dot Ride
- 8xp- Master Horseman's Techniques
- 8xp- Raging Tiger Pounce
- 8xp- Second Bureaucracy Excellency
- 8xp- Heart-Compelling Method
- 8xp- Phantom-Conjuring Performance
- 8xp- Spine Shattering Bite
- 8xp- Phantom's Steed
- 8xp- Husband-Seducing Demon Dance
- 2xp- Second Dot Survival
- 8xp- Third Dot Perception
- 8xp- Speed The Wheels
- 8xp- Wild Revelry Approach
- 8xp- Mastery of Small Matters
- 8xp- Gathering the Congregation
- 8xp- Striking Cobra Technique
- 8xp- Whirling Brush Method
- 5xp- Fourth Dot Bureaucracy
- 7xp- Fifth Dot Bureaucracy
- 10xp- Second Athletics Excellency
- 8xp- Second Awareness Excellency
- 8xp- Keen Sight Technique
- 5xp- Socialize 4
- 7xp- Socialize 5
- 7xp- Presence 4
- 24xp- Essence 4
- 8xp- Minds Yield to Glory
- 8xp- Heartfelt Honorific Opportunity
- 8xp- Memory-Reweaving Discipline
- 8xp- Sail 4
- 6xp- Artifact 2 (Discreet Essence Armour)
Add to Sheet
- 8xp- Respect Commanding Attitude- Add Compulsion
- 8xp- Hypnotic Tongue Technique
- 8xp- Second Presence Excellency
- 8xp- Stalking Cat Movement Meditation (5 days)
- 8xp- Celestial Tiger Hide (5 days)
- 8xp- Insightful Buyer Technique (3 days)
- 12xp- Strength 3 (3 months)
14xp- Integrity 4
- 8xp- Leap From Cloaking Shadows Attack (5 days)
- 8xp- Angry Predator Frenzy Style (5 days)
- 8xp- Indolent Official Charm (3 days)
- 4xp- Second Bureaucracy Excellency-Speed the Wheels Combo (12 days)
- 6xp- Second Performance Excellency-Husband Seducing Demon Dance Combo (18 days)
- 8xp- 8xp- Irresistible Salesman Spirit (4 days)
- 8xp- 8xp- Venomous Whispers Technique
- 8xp- Bureau Rectifying Method (5 days)
- 8xp- Worthy Mount Technique (3 days)
- 8xp- Salty Dog Method (2 days) -> 8xp- Invincible Admiral Method (4 days)
- 6xp- Artifact 2 (Razor Hand)
- 6xp- Artifact 2 (Razor Hand)