Campaign:IMPROMPTU GAME/Amethyst Prince of the Sun
- Campaign: IMPROMPTU GAME
- Name: Amethyst Prince of the Sun
- Concept: Budding demonologist
- Caste: Twilight
- Motivation:"Use the Sorcerous arts to instill myself as God-King of Creation, and render all the little cogs into line..."
- Positive intimacies: Flowing Quicksilver Blossom
- Negative intimacies:
- Anima: Constricting bands of deep blue essence, eventually breaking under the "strain" of essence expenditure to erupt into sapphire flames, a very Malfean silhouette peering from the gaps in the flame with two pinpoints of light for eyes. (5m to take (Essence)hl out of damage, the silhouette and chains intercepting the blow)
- Experience: 0/0
Born to an almost painfully sitcom merchant family (goofy father, srsbzness mother, a stuck-up older sister and hellmonster little brother), Amethyst Prince was born to the name Kurein. Lacking the salesman's gusto of his father, and the head for dry numbers ("but it doesn't do anything!") of his mother, he took up Thaumaturgy. Specifically alchemy, getting enough skill to brew the basics.
Like any teen, he soon found himself naming off the sins of "The Dynasty", one of which being (real or imagined) his mentor holding him back and ignoring him in favor of students from better families. Still fuming from one of many such confrontations with his mentor about the matter, he figured on settling his temper with a bout of peddling wares. Striking up conversation with a rather beautiful woman, he found they shared a healthy dislike for the nobility (though he wasn't sure what her specific problem was...). He proposed striking out on their own, setting up shop somewhere far away and reaping the benefits. They met moderate success save a few sour deals.
Those few sour deals drove them to hang out away from the roads for a bit, cutting Kurein off from his reagents and thus, business. Knowing an elemental would be too stupid to handle the reagents properly, and he didn't have the resources to call on a god's favor. Dabbling with basic demonic Thaumaturgy, it took several nights of attempts before he found success--ohshit. The demon shattered his binding, and proceeded to maul him. Until Blossom showed up. She fought it to a stall, and started...uh...glowing. Kurein had too, but he wasn't in much position to notice. Right! Banishment! Mustering up what was left, he sent the demon back to Malfeas.
They went their ways after that. Wandering Creation, he found he could perform Thaumaturgy without the need for tools...or even reagents. 100% PROFIT! Setting up stalls wherever he went, he supplanted the funds siphoned from his family (eight generations of merchanthood) with a minor percentage of the profits made from each stall. His life really took off when he found that...place, though. It almost screamed with knowledge. Hundreds of Old Realm scripts, most written in cipher, all of them signed in a name Kurein rather took a liking to: Amethyst Prince of the Sun. A few spells were written down, as well as the basics of Sorcery, but ultimately he exhausted all the scripts he could translate. Time to head out...
Strength ●● Charisma ● Perception ●●● Dexterity ●●●● Manipulation ●●● Intelligence ●●●●● Stamina ● Appearance ●●●●● Wits ●●●
Archery x Integrity ●●● Craft ● Athletics x Bureaucracy ● Martial Arts ●●●● Performance ● Investigation ●● Awareness ●●● Linguistics ● Melee x Presence ● Lore ●●● Dodge ●●●● Ride x Thrown x Resistance x Medicine ●● Larceny x Sail x War x Survival x Occult ●●● Stealth x Socialize ●●
Languages: Riverspeak, Old Realm
Craft (Water): ●
(Write here your specialties, if any)
Hearthstone Bracers: ●● Solar Manse: ●●● Gem of Sorcery: ●●● Resources: ●●●
- Charm Name (Abil 4 Ess 2 p42): 1m, Reflexive (Step 1), Combo-OK, Instant. Cause Gem to explode.
- Reflex Sidestep Technique (Dodge 3 Ess 1 p227): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Treat one unexpected attack as expected.
- Shadow Over Water (Dodge 3 Ess 1 p227): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Apply full DV to a dodgeable attack.
- Seven Shadows Evasion (Dodge 4 Ess 2 p227): 3m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK Obvious, Instant. Dodge any expected attack. Flaw: Compassion - Can only be used in the presence of someone/something the character cares about, and must stay by their side until DV refreshes twice.
- Terrestrial Circle Sorcery (Occ 3 Ess 3 p220): --, Permanent, None, Instant. Can learn Terrestrial Sorcery and take Shape Terrestrial Sorcery actions.
- Second Martial Arts Excellency (MArts 1 Ess 1 p184): 2m/sux, Reflexive (Step 1 or Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Add 1sux or +1 to static values, up to (Attribute + Martial Arts)/2 suxs.
- Striking Cobra Technique (MArts 2 Ess 1 p240): 3m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. Add (Martial Arts) successes to a Join Battle roll.
- Serpentine Evasion (MArts 3 Ess 1 p240): 3m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Gain +2PDV and DDV against a single attack.
- Snake Form (MArts 4 Ess 2 p240): 5m, Simple (Speed 3, DV -1), Form-type Obvious, One scene. Add (Martial Arts) to soak, -(Essence)d penalty to attackers that can see.
- Wood Dragon's Claw (Terrestrial p254): 10m. Caster. Allocate 15 points to a Speed 5 weapon's Accuracy/Defense/Damage/Rate (starts 0/0/0/1, capped by Occult+Essence), treated as unarmed Martial Arts punches can parry armed attacks.
- Emerald Circle Banishment (Terrestrial p44 White Treatise): 15+m. Demon within (Essence * 15) yards. Can be cast as a Reflexive action. Begin an extended (Essence + Willpower) contest between Sorcerer and demon as a series of Speed 3 DV -1 actions, demon suffers a -1 internal penalty per extra 5 motes spent. Neither can take non-Reflexive actions or autoloses. Whoever gets (opponent's Essence) successes more than the other one wins.
- Demon of the First Circle (Terrestrial p252): 10+m. Summoned Demon. Shaping begins at sundown, ends at midnight. Demon and Sorcerer roll (Essence + Willpower), Demon at -1 internal per 5m spent extra, first to accumulate 3 net sux wins. If Demon wins, roll (Wits + Occult) dif 3 to Banish, elsewise Demon is free.
- The Art of Demon Summoning Apprentice
- The Art of Alchemy Apprentice
- Alchemical Touchstone (0, Perception, 1, one action) Touchstones can be used to supplement the identification of mysterious substances.
- Life’s Little Luxury Blends (0, Intelligence, 1, one hour) Soaps, perfumes, pearlescent dyes, all the fancy things that catch the customers' eyes.
- The Art of Enchantment Apprentice
Combo Name 1wp 0m+
- Charm Name
- Adamant Skin Technique
- Cause Gem to explode.
Regeneration:6m/hr, 10m/hr, 14m/hr
Personal Essence Pool: 16/16
Peripheral Essence Pool: 33/37
Committed Essence: 4 (Orichalcum Hearthstone Wrappings)
Compassion ● Conviction ●●●● Temperance ●●● Valor ●
Virtue flaw: Lash of the Liege (Conviction)
- Description:The character loses all patience or compassion for those who do not follow him utterly, and abuses those who do to their breaking point trying to "make up for lost ground."
- Partial: The character can tolerate, but will not make use of, questioners, and only pushes his loyal minions, does not burn them out.
- Duration: (Conviction) days
Limit: □□□□□ □□□□□
Limit Break Condition: The character's progress is set back by the incompetence or disobedience of others.
Fine Clothing: In phenomenal condition for their long internment in the Manse's innermost chambers, these clothes served as a model for the priests in the city. Bearing them at all is a great honor, only made available to him by the Solar responsible for the Manse, and the modifications he made to their religious idols. See above.
Horse and Tackle: One of his first purchases in preparation to leave his mentor's shop. Average in most respects, the horse even bears grey coat, and would be almost Stealth-Charm worthy if not for the white spots that start mid-way up its torso and coalesce into a solid white streak down its spine, mane and tail included. It's also got a headstrong streak. The tackle is also rather average leather, bearing no exceptional craftsmanship.
Drugs: Detesting the Guild's peddling decadences rather than things of use, Amethyst Prince isn't above indulging himself in various sedative or hallucinogenic substances on occasion.
Fine Twelve-Section-Staff: Also an important purchase, he technically got this and the buff jacket in a trade: some of his finest drugs and alchemies, a month's worth, to the local seamstress and whittler. The staff itself is a dark, hard wood finished and sanded to velvet-smooth. At each end of the individual sections are steel caps, but the joint caps recess into the wood and boast catches, allowing the whole staff to be snapped together into a walking stick, and be "cracked" like a whip with a twist of the wrist back to free-flowing.
Exceptional Buff Jacket: Heavy white fabric makes up the bulk of the jacket, held in place by wooden latches. The sleeves made too-long, more than enough to conceal his hands even if he held his arms straight out, he can fold the material back to latch to the sleeve higher up, freeing his hands in the instance of a fight. Though the seamstress knew a trick to keep the fabric breathable, making it almost as easy on the body as a nightgown, she couldn't overcome the weight of the material.
Good Luck Talisman: Functioning as a clasp for his cloak, this little Jade coin bears an Old Realm word 'A-Me-Di-Si-Ti' scratched around its circumference, a red tassel and string for ornamentation.
Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers: Sharing the eye-design ubiquitous on his holy robes, the Hearthstone setting of course sits over a 'pupil'. The left one specifically, giving the impression of one eye seeing and the other blinded or covered. Left specifically for a Lawgiver successor, the Solar who first forged them left ciphered inscriptions on the insides. Another puzzle to tantalize Kurein's thirsts...
Manses and Hearthstones
Celestial Manse: See background of above.
- His business is best in this town, one of the reasons they granted him access to what they considered a holy structure. A massive spire, the hearthstone coalesces at the very top. No one's quite sure what the gems floating around it do, but he's got a sneaking hunch they're connected to that room full of gems and Old Realm readouts...
- Maintenance: ●● - The Manse must be cleansed and given prayer/offering every New Moon. This is convenient, because the village surrounding the Manse treats New Moons as holy days, where they pay respect to the spire that protects their village.
- Fragility: ● - The Manse, though made of stone, seems to resonate slightly out of tune with the world and doesn't take punishment well. (6L/9B external soak, 3L/6B internal, 30 points to Power Failure)
- Habitability: ● - As well, it's built like a temple, with little in the way of commodities or comforts.
- Well-Flavored Aspect: ● - Solar Exalts bearing the hearthstone find the temple uplifting and empowering. No doubt the Manse was constructed with this in mind. (+1d to all actions)
- Magical Conveniences: ● - A plaque outside the library floor allows anyone to scroll through all the books on the shelves, alphabetized or sorted by keyword. Little white suns follow any attuned persons about within the manse, providing steady illumination. Any wall in the manse can be scribbled on by anyone with pressure (such as a stylus or fingertip), appearing on the wall as white ink and fading if wiped with a cloth or after six hours have passed.
- Archive: ●● - The Manse's library floor features texts on Sorcery, five Terrestrial spells (Wood Dragon's Claw, Invulnerable Skin of Bronze, First Circle Demon, Emerald Circle Banishment, (one more goes here)), and one thing Prince has yet to translate...
- Zone of Influence: ●●● - The Manse's Essence Shield and Well-Flavored Aspect effects extend 900 yards from the Manse, more than enough to encompass the village.
- Essence Shield: ●●●● - At an attuned user's order (with the hearthstone-bearer being an override), the Manse can erect an aqueous golden shield around itself and the village. (Provides 30B/30L/15A Hardness, overcoming Hardness inflicts a dot of Power Failure and collapses shield (Repair 4)).
- Gem of Sorcery: Once a day, reduce the mote cost of a spell by 10m (minimum 0).
Join Battle: 6 (per+aware)
Dodge DV: 6 (dex+dodge+Ess)/2 round up
Dodge MDV: 6 (will+integ+Ess)/2 round down
Soak: 3A/3L/5B (add armor and 0A/(Sta/2 round down)L/(Sta)B)
Pierced: 2A/2L/3B (add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 0A/0L/0B (armor only)
Example Attack (Speed X, Accuracy X, Damage XL, Parry DV X, Rate X, Tags X, Y, Z)
- Punch (Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 4B, Parry DV 5, Rate 3, N)
- Kick (Speed 5, Accuracy 8, Damage 7B, Parry DV 3, Rate 2, N)
- Clinch (Speed 6, Accuracy 8, Damage 4B, Parry DV -, Rate 1, C N P)
- Staff (Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 11B, Parry DV 6, Rate 2, M)
- Emerald Circle Banishment 4BP
- Essence 3 7BP
- Artifact 2 1 Background dot+1BP
- Dodge 4 3 Ability dots+1BP
- Martial Arts 4 3 Ability dots+1BP
- Integrity 3 2 Ability dots+1BP
(In no particular order) Excellencies, Infinite Mastery, Essence Flow in Favored/Caste Abilities
Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver, Respect Commanding Attitude, Phantom-Conjuring Performance, Hypnotic Tongue Technique, Majestic Radiant Presence, Terrifying Apparition of Glory, Worshipful Lacky Acquisition, Judge's Ear Technique, Harmonious Academic Methodology, Legendary Scholar Curriculum, Chaos-Repelling Pattern, Wyld-Shaping Technique, Wyld Cauldron Technology, Immanent Solar Glory, Contagion-Curing Touch, Wound-Mending Care Technique, Flawless Diagnosis Technique, Ailment-Rectifying Method, Wholeness-Restoring Meditation, Instant Treatment Methodology, Celestial Circle Sorcery, Solar Circle Sorcery, Spirit-Detecting Glance, Spirit-Cutting Attack, Ghost-Eating Technique, All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, Sorcerer's Burning Chakra Charm, Leaping Dodge Method