Campaign:IMPROMPTU GAME/Cracked Jade
Sourcebooks Used: Exalted 2nd Edition, Lunars, Oeadanol's Codex
- 1 Basics
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Backgrounds
- 5 Charms
- 6 Essence
- 7 Willpower
- 8 Virtues
- 9 Inventory
- 10 Combat
- 11 Shapeshifting
- 12 Advancement
- 13 See Also
Name: Cracked Jade
Concept: I'M A SHAAARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK!
Caste/Aspect: Full Moon
Motivation: "I'm going to be the Top Predator. Because if you're at the top, no one can step on you. And if no one can step on you, no one can step on anyone you care about."
Intimacies: Shikoku, Shadows Fallen Snow
Tell: Pointed, gleaming teeth and white gill-like streaks on ribs and neck.
There isn't much that happens when you live in a village the size of Shikoku. Cracked Jade earned his name from the single most valuable possession he's ever had: A jade Obol, boasting a crack just big enough to both ruin its value and wedge a string through and turn into an impromptu amulet. Separating himself from the pack with a vigorous love of the sea (even among fishers) and a profuse defiance of authority. The latter matured into a hatred of nobility, taking every chance he could to mock and berate their goons every time they came for a shipment of fish. When he got too big for swats on the rear, they found even the loving retribution of a lash did little to smother his smirk.
He took a fancy to brawling, always eager for a good slugfest with the other youths of the village, developing skills that would be necessary on That Day. A siaka, still caught in a blood frenzy, thrashed its way into waters near the harbor, posing a threat to the whole fishing fleet. Captains did their best to steer around the monstrosity, but the tight concentrations of fish trapped in the nets kept drawing it closer, long after they were hauled up out of the water. Something had to be done. Diving into the water, Cracked Jade knew he posed almost no threat to the beast, but like Malfeas was he going to let it tear up the boats without a fight. In retrospect, adding his own blood to the water wasn't so wise. Things get...fuzzy after that. Silver and white light, and then he's on the beach, his legs mangled. According to the others, he crawled his way onto shore, spewing some kind of cold white fire from his skin, and threw up chunks of siaka meat. Chunks way too big for him to have swallowed. His legs should have been ruined, should have been useless for the rest of his life. But sure as shit, he was running around the docks before the week was out. Pity his eye didn't grow back...FUCK YEAH, EYEPATCH!
Shadows Fallen Snow showed up not a week later. The training that followed was curious to say the least. Mystical tattoos, an underwater place of power so close to the village he'd actually swam over it several times...and then she sent him off, goodbyes to his village allowed of course. "The shortest path to power," she said, "is the one you forge yourself."
Human: Tall and lithe, Cracked Jade boasts supreme physical ability in all areas. On a good day, his sun-seared hair only clumps in a vaguely normal fashion, and otherwise boasts tangles rivaling Malfean corridors. Moonsilver laces and traces over his sun-baked skin. Tattoos composed primarily of long, gently curving lines (traveling both laterally and vertically, whichever way the body "flows"), several paths terminate in sharp "jaws" on his stomach, a rather blank circle drawn around his navel. At joints, the tattoos swirl in invisible currents.
Siaka: Jade's Totem Siaka does little to change the arrangement of his tattoos, save that many streaks of moonsilver span from nose to tailtip, unhindered by limbs and awkward human anatomy. Deep hues coat his top, meant to blend in with the deep sea below, much like the pearlescent white of his underbelly. The circle, however, has moved up to his "forehead", equidistant from the eyes and nosetip.
Warform: HOLY SHIT HE'S A SHARK AND A MAN, SOME KIND OF SHARKMAN.
Strength ●●●● Charisma ●●● Perception ●●● Dexterity ●●●● Manipulation ● Intelligence ●● Stamina ●●●● Appearance ●●● Wits ●●●●
Lunar Block Archery x Craft x Bureaucracy x Athletics ●●●● Larceny x Investigation x Awareness ●●● Linguistics ● Lore x Dodge ●●●●● Performance x Occult x Integrity ●●● Presence x Medicine x Martial Arts ●●●●● Ride x Melee x Sail ●● Resistance ●●●●● Socialize x Thrown x Stealth ●●● War x Survival ●●
Heart's Blood: ● - Riding Horse, Grelidaka, Brown Bear.
- Notable Details: Riding Horse: Red-brown hair and black mane fading to brown at the tips, Grelidaka: A paintbrush dip of grey on the tail feathers, Brown Bear: Splotches of black on the tongue.
Moonsilver Smashfists: ● -
Moonsilver God-Kicking Boots: ●
Moonsilver Hearthstone Bracers: ●●
Moonsilver Artifact Breastplate: ●
Water Manse: ●●●
- Stone: Bloodstone
- Towering Beast Form: Extends possible sacred hunt targets to animals the size of tyrant lizards. (Ess 2, Sta 3)
- Deadly Beastman Transformation: Lunar gains a Warform. (Ess 2, Sta 3)
- Warform: +1 to Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina, considered natural for dice limits. Gains (Essence+4) points in Wyld mutations, appropriate to Totem. Can regrow lost limbs in an hour. Does not lose additional levels at Dying.
- First Strength Excellency: 1m/1d, Reflexive (Step 1, Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Adds 1d/m to a Strength roll, or 2/success to unrolled values. (Ess 1, Str 1)
- Claws of the Silver Moon: 4m 1wp, Simple (Speed 4), Combo-OK Gift Obvious, One scene. Basic natural attacks gain +2 Accuracy, +(Strength)L Damage, and can parry lethal attacks, may spend 1 extra mote to affect nonpunch/kick/clinch attacks. Gift: Commit 1m to gain basic bonuses, 3m for best bonuses. (Ess 2, Str 3)
- First Dexterity Excellency: 1m/1d, Reflexive (Step 1, Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Adds 1d/m to a Dexterity roll, or 2/success to unrolled values. (Ess 1, Dex 1)
- Golden Tiger Stance: 2m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK Fury-OK, Instant, Any Dexterity Excellency. Negate (Dexterity) points of penalties to DVs. Fury: Negate (Dexterity/2) points of penalties to DVs until Fury ends.
- First Stamina Excellency: 1m/1d, Reflexive (Step 1, Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Adds 1d/m to a Stamina roll, or 2/success to unrolled values. (Ess 1, Sta 1)
- Relentless Lunar Fury: 1m 1wp, Reflexive (Step 1, Step 2), (Essencex2) actions. 1 automatic success on combat actions, ignores -1 wound penalties and fatigue, physical attribute excellency cap increased to (Attribute+Essence), may activate up to (Essence) Fury-OK Charms for 2m/Charm, non-combat actions require (Willpower) test and are at -2, ending Fury early requires (Willpower) test vs. Valor. (Ess 2, Sta 3)
- Might-Bolstering Blow: 2m, Supplemental, Combo-OK Fury-OK, Instant, Any Stamina Excellency. Regain 1m/extra success on an attack roll up to (Stamina), and regain 1m/hl inflicted up to (Stamina). ST APPROVAL PENDING: Fury: As normal effect, but applies to every blow in a Fury.
Combo Name: Combo Cost + 1wp
- List of constituent Charms, including Cost and Type.
- Heavenly Guardian Defense, 4m, Reflexive (Step 2).
Personal Essence Pool: 14/14
Peripheral Essence Pool: 14/32
Committed Essence: 18m (4+6+6+2)(Bracers+Smashfist+Boots+Breastplate)
- Compassion ●●
- Conviction ●●●
- Temperance ●
- Valor ●●●
Flawed Virtue: Valor
Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Raging Bull
Limit: □□□□□ □□□□□
Manses and Heartstones
Bloodstone: Immunity to all non-magical diseases and poisons (including drugs :<), automatically resist magical diseases, and cannot bleed to death.
Join Battle: 7 (Wits+Awareness)
Dodge DV: 6 (Dex+Dodge+Ess)/2 round up
Dodge MDV: 5 (Willpower+Integrity+Ess)/2 round down
Soak: 10B/8L/4A (Add armor and (Sta)B/(Sta/2 round down)L/0A)
Pierced: 7B/6L/0A (Add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 2B/2L/0A (Armor only)
Example Attack (Speed X, Accuracy X, Damage XL, Parry DV X, Rate X, Tags X, Y, Z)
Unarmed (Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +0B, Defense +2, Rate 3, N)
- (Speed 5, Accuracy 10, Damage 4B, Defense 6, Rate 3, N)
- Clinch (Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage +0B, Defense +0, Rate 1, N C P)
- (Speed 6, Accuracy 9, Damage 4B, Defense 5, Rate 1, N C P)
- Kick (Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +3B, Defense -2, Rate 2, N)
- (Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 7B, Defense 4, Rate 2, N)
Moonsilver Tattoo Smashfist (Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +7B, Defense +4, Rate 2, M P)
- (Speed 5, Accuracy 11, Damage 11B, Defense 7, Rate 2, M P)
- Clinch (Speed 6, Accuracy +2, Damage +6B, Defense +2, Rate 1, C M P)
- (Speed 6, Accuracy 11, Damage 10B, Defense 6, Rate 1, C M P)
Moonsilver Tattoo God-Kicking Boots (Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +8B, Defense +1, Rate 2, M P)
- (Speed 6, Accuracy 12, Damage 12B, Defense 5, Rate 2, M P)
- Siaka Form: S/D/S: 12/4/8, Bite 5/7/12L/2 (S/A/D/R), 3/4L/8B (DV/Soak)
- War Form: S/D/S: 5/5/5, Bite 5/+0/+3L/-1/2, 6/9L/11B
- Mutations: Gills (breathe underwater, no saltwater damage), fangs (Lethal "kick"), shark sight (sense living things within 10 yards out of water, 200 yards in water), shark scales ("thick hide", +1d Survival, no clothes needed, +2B/2L)
- Riding Horse: S/D/S: 4/3/3, Bite 5/5/2L/1 Kick 2/2/6B/1, 5/2L/3B
- Grelidaka: S/D/S: 2/4/4, Beak 5/5/2L/3, 7/4L/4B
- Bear: S/D/S: 7/2/6, Bite 4/6/8L/1 Claw 5/5/7L/2, 4/5L/6B
Heart's Blood Background (●): 1 BP
Tattoo Smashfist Background (●): 1BP
Martial Arts (●●●●●):1BP*2dots 2BP
Athletics (●●●●): 2BP
Dodge (●●●●●): 2BP*2dots 4BP
Resistance (●●●●●):2BP*2dots 4BP
Linguistics (●): 1BP
(Here is where you write down your experience points and how you spent them)