Campaign:SUNSHINE AND DECAY/Crooked Smile
(italicized text is just a comment, don't keep it in your sheet)
- 1 Basics
- 2 Attributes
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Backgrounds
- 5 Charms
- 6 Essence
- 7 Willpower
- 8 Virtues
- 9 Inventory
- 10 Combat
- 11 Advancement
- 12 See Also
Name: Crooked Smile
Campaign: SUNSHINE AND DECAY
Concept: Magnificent Bastard
Motivation: Own the Guild
Anima Banner/Totem: A simple shining white mask across his face, with three upturned crescents forming into an expression reminiscent of the comedy drama mask.
Anima Effect/Tell: Sanctify agreements
(write experience points as "unspent / total" plx)
Smile is the single son of a wealthy Guildsman, and throughout his youth he was pampered and spoiled rotten by his family's wealth. This not only created a sense of entitlement, but a constant desire for more, from his early days in school Smile always wanted more, and always seemed to have the charm to get it, he had all the friends, all the toys, and the adoration of his every instructor.
As Smile grew from adolescence these experiences had taught him a valuable lesson: That one catches more flies with honey than vinegar. While others who desired power did so through backstabbing, manipulation, and intimidation, Smile began to sate his constant need for more with poise, charm, and false kindness, and it was astoundingly effective. As he became a young adult his constant supply of toys and attention became money, goods, and influence, he also proved a most effective salesman, just like his father.
In his early 20s, Smile's father died of a heart attack, with his mother having vanished shortly after his birth Smile was left the sole heir of his father's estate, including his manse, the servants with it, and a vast fortune. Since he had shown himself an outstanding tradesman and negotiator during his first few weeks as a guildsman, through a complex cycle of coercion he also inherited his father's position in the guild, but still, Smile longed for more. He now seeks ownership of the guild entirely, and after that, it is likely he still will not be satisfied.
Smile is a tall, handsome man with smooth black hair past his shoulders shining emerald eyes. He is usually seen wearing an obscenely long violet robe and a face permanently affixed with a warm smile.
Strength ● Charisma ●●●● Perception ●● Dexterity ●●●● Manipulation ●●●● Intelligence ●●● Stamina ●● Appearance ●●●●[●] Wits ●●●●
Solar/Abyssal Block Archery X Integrity ●●●● Craft X Athletics X Bureaucracy ●●● Martial Arts ● Performance ●●●●● Investigation ●●● Awareness ●● Linguistics ●●● Melee X Presence ●●●●● Lore ● Dodge X Ride ● Thrown X Resistance ● Medicine X Larceny X Sail X War X Survival X Occult X Stealth X Socialize ●●●●●
High Realm, Low Realm, Guild Cant, Riverspeak
(Write here your specialties, if any)
Backing [Guild]: ●●
- Second Performance Excellency: Essence Triumphant 2m/1s Combo-Ok, Instant, Reflexive. Allows Smile to spend up to his Attribute+Performance in motes to gain automatic successes on a roll for every 2 motes spent.
- Heart-Compelling Method 6m, Combo-Ok, Emotion, Social, Scenelong. On a roll to inspire an emotion, if the extra successes exceed a character's mDV, that character is compelled to feel the emotion strongly for the rest of the scene. 2wp to ignore.
- Husband-Seducing Demon Dance: 10m 1wp, Combo-Ok, Emotion, Obvious, Social, Instant. Add Appearance to a performance roll; Any character with an mDV less than Smile's must burn two temporary willpower or fall instantly in love with him or an ideal he is representing, it costs 1wp to ignore this effect for a scene.
- Second Presence Excellency: Essence Triumphant 2m/1s Combo-Ok, Instant, Reflexive. Allows Smile to spend up to his Attribute+Performance in motes to gain automatic successes on a roll for every 2 motes spent.
- Majestic Radiant Presence: 7m, Obvious, Social, Reflexive, Scenelong. Any social or physical attack against Smile is negated unless the assailant succeeds on a difficulty 2 willpower roll, it costs 3wp to ignore this effect for a scene.
- Terrifying Apparition of Glory: 3m, Supplemental, Combo-Ok, Social. Renders a target's mDV inapplicable to a natural social attack, costs 1m if Majestic Radiant Presence is active.
- Hypnotic Tongue Technique 10m 1wp, Simple, Social, Stackable, Touch, Smile's Charisma in days. Roll Manipulation+Presence vs. the target's mDV, if the roll succeeds the target is compelled to follow an order from the solar exactly and the command can be as complex or simple as desired, the target can spend 1wp per day to resist this effect.
- Second Linguistics Excellency: Essence Triumphant 2m/1s Combo-Ok, Instant, Reflexive. Allows Smile to spend up to his Attribute+Performance in motes to gain automatic successes on a roll for every 2 motes spent.
- Wild Revelry Approach 3m 1wp, Simple (6 long ticks), Combo-Ok, Emotion, Instant. Inspires a group to lose itself in an emotion, be it joy, lust, love, fear, hatred, or grief, etc. Roll Manipulation+Socialize vs. the leader's mDV+1/2 Magnitude of the group to see if it works.
- Mastery of Small Manners 1m, Reflexive, Until Next Action. Allows Smile to treat groups as 1 magnitude lower, increases his effective appearance by 1, and enables him to automatically determine the basic motivations of all present characters.
Combo Name: Combo Cost + 1wp
- List of constituent Charms, including Cost and Type.
- Heavenly Guardian Defense, 4m, Reflexive (Step 2).
Personal Essence Pool: 7/16
Peripheral Essence Pool: 37/37
Committed Essence: 1 (Mastery of Small Manners)
- Compassion ●
- Conviction ●●●●
- Temperance ●●●
- Valor ●
Flawed Virtue: Conviction
Virtue Flaw: Vindictive Smile
Being completely polite, nice, and respectful to everyone takes its toll, and sometimes bottling up all that aggression and cruelty can end poorly. Smile suddenly decides he's sick of being nice to everyone and lets forth a verbal assault that would leave a primordial in tears. Armed with a serpent's tongue made of fire from deepest south and an infinite arsenal of backhanded compliments, insults, and scathing satires, Smile puts on a display that leaves many shocked and appauled. Think Windston Churchill while drunk. In this state, Smile takes a -2 penalty to all social rolls, -3 if it's a situation where you would generally be nice to someone, but has a +1 bonus to any social attacks actually meant to insult, burn, or otherwise leave someone in tears.
Condition: Whenever Smile ingratiates himself to someone and they do not appreciate his effort.
Limit: □□□□□ □□□□□
Manses and Heartstones
Subtle Breath of Sextes Jylis (●●)
Magical Conveniences (●●)
Dodge DV: 4 (Dex+Dodge+Ess)/2 round up
Dodge MDV: 7 (Willpower+Integrity+Ess)/2 round down
Soak: 2B/1L/0A (Add armor and (Sta)B/(Sta/2 round down)L/0A)
Pierced: 0B/0L/0A (Add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 0B/0L/0A (Armor only)
Example Attack (Speed X, Accuracy X, Damage XL, Parry DV X, Rate X, Tags X, Y, Z)
Essence 3 7
Resources 4 2
Socialize 5 2
Presence 5 2
Integrity 4 1
Performance 5 2
Charisma 4 12