The Forgotten Realms are many things, but one thing in particular that people tend to forget about is that they are absolutely lousy with portals to the various planes of existence. As magocracy after magocracy has risen and fallen, usually attempting to exploit the creatures of the Outer Planes and Inner Planes for their own end, Faerûn has built up a diversity of planetouched native races exceeded in official Dungeons & Dragons lore only by Sigil. Issue #350 of Dragon Magazine covered four of these planetouched races in particular; the Azerbloods, the Celadrins, the D'hin'ni, and the Worghests, expanding upon other such races as baphitaurs, fey'ri and tanarukks.
Celadrin are a race of planetouched descended from the unions of firre eladrin and gold elves; in a rarity for planetouched, they are actually completely lacking in the typical wangsty background. See, during the summer solstice, elven worshippers of Hanali Celanil love to throw revels (aka, orgies) - and firre eladrin really like to show up for the festivities. The fruit of such revels are the celadrin; gold elf-like planetouched characterized by their metallic bronze skin, flame-red hair, and golden eyes, much loved and cherished by both sides of their ancestry.
For obvious reasons, celadrin are found wherever gold elves who worship Lady Goldheart are particularly prominent, and though they have a streak of wanderlust, they usually choose similar locales to settle back down when they grow tired of the road. Though their numbers peaked during Myth Drannor, there are almost as many first generation celadrin born amongst the gold elves today as there are continuations of ancient dynasties. In the Realms, celadrin are known to be particularly prominent in Deepingdale, Lake Sember, Evereska and Evermeet.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
- Base land speed 30 feet
- Gold Elven Blood: For all special abilities and effects that key off of race, a Celadrin is treated as a gold elf.
- Darkvision 60 feet
- Fire Resistance 10
- Immunity to Sleep spells and effects
- Weapon Proficiency: Automatically Proficient with the Longsword, Rapier, Longbow, Composite Longbow, Shortbow and Composite Shortbow.
- +4 racial bonus on Perform (Sing)
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks; a celadrin that passes within 5 feet of a secret/concealed door is entitled to make a Search Check as if actively looking for it.
- Fiery Gaze: A celadrin can cast Scorching Ray 1/day with a caster level equalling its class level.
- Melodious Voice: +1 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to influence the attitude of a non-player character, +1 racial bonus on Wild Empathy checks made to influence the attitude of animals and magical beasts, both bonuses increase to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 10th level, +4 at 15th level and +5 at 20th level.
- Favored Class: Bard
- Level Adjustment: +1