|Successors of||Blood Angels, possibly through the Blood Eagles|
|Specialty||Sector-wide scouring actions, discretion.|
|Colours||Wine and Black|
Another Space Marine Chapter that used to have no info, but they have been involved in a few things, AND been slowly expanded across the years. Somehow no one has taken a photograph of them or even talked to their cousins. They also sound cooler than other chapters. To start off, they utilize stasis pods when they're not out killing heretics. It makes sense; your skills do not need to be maintained if you are in stasis nor do you need to be fed and whatnot. Huge cost savings on ammo and everything. Not only that, but since they are a Third Founding Chapter they still have some cool Heresy Era tech that is rare or non-existent in the 41st Millennium. They are known to have three Fellblades and a lot of Fire Raptors. They also have a minor geneseed deviation which causes them to have unusually elongated canines, even by Blood Angel successor standards.
They used to share a strange tradition with the "Triarchy" (a group of Chapters created by Black Library Writers that include the Red Seraphs, Angels Numinor, and the Charnel Guard itself who was created by Alan Bligh). Every century or so three warriors would reunite on a dead world to speak of their chapter's past, present, and future. But as the Great Rift makes the present ever more dire, and the future ever more uncertain, the three chapters have decided to leave tradition behind and join their fleets to take the fight to the enemy. For a time, they were also part of the Malestrom Warders.
As of Devastation of Baal, they are said to be almost destroyed. But it is assumed they got some reinforcements with Primaris Marines.
- War of The False Primarch - One of a few chapters that got their purging on with the Space Sharks, Flesh Eaters, Red Talons and the Death Eagles (Pentarchy of Blood). This war was extremely secretive to the point that the only thing we know about it is that the Pentarchy destroyed eleven other Space Marine chapters deemed heretics.
- Great Malagantine Purge - The Chapter is once more put into a taskforce collectively termed the Manus Irae for another secretive campaign spanning the entire Malagant sector. This time it includes the Silver Skulls, Fire Hawks and two other chapters whose name remained unknown. Apparently the High Lords of Terra wanted to set an example, and thus when the Chapters get rolling, genocide ensues.
- Messallas Purgation Campaign - As stated. Notable because they used one of their Fellblades.
- Angevin Crusade - This resulted in the creation of the Calixis Sector.
- Maelstrom Warders - Bundled up with a few other chapters to watch the Maelstorm. They fought alongside them for a while, but then were sent to the southernmost edge of the galaxy on the Thanatos crusade. This means they missed all the fun in the Badab War.
- Strato-Keeps of Keziah's Moon - The Forge Moon of Keziah, located in the strategically vital Agathon System, falls into an unnatural eclipse driving the population to murder and madness in an endless night of horror (beacause of course it does). The dread forces of the Tenebrae and the Company of Misery keep kicking the asses of the Imperial Guard and Inquisition until the Goth alliance of the Charnel Guard and the Adepta Sororitas of the Black Sepulchre arrive to get shit done. They manage to keep the Chaos forces at bay until reinforcements from the Angels Porphyr, Storm Lords, Iron Hands and the Mechanicus arrive. Once the Heretics were outnumbered, it was only a matter of time until they got expelled from the moon after a series of tank battles and Zone Mortalis engagements. The Charnel Guard used more of their forces in this event than they had in the last three thousand years.
- Devastation of Baal - Took very heavy casualties in the battle, among which was included their Battle Barge "Invictrix", and are said to be almost destroyed.