Codex - Elysian Drop Troops: /tg/'s 8th Edition
As Elysian Drop Troops appears it will have no future support, I believe it's appropriate in a /tg/ factions to bring it up to the line with other factions. Input from the Discussion page would be appreciated.
My Idea is to shift Elysian to better fit a CC Deapstrikers for the guard as Stormtrooper fit the shooting roll better
- 1 Army Rules
- 2 Warlord Traits
- 3 Orders
- 4 Tactical Objectives
- 5 Stratagems
- 6 Wargear
- 7 Unit Analysis
- 8 Tactics
- Defenders of Humanity: If your army is Battle-forged all Elysian Drop Troops troop choices have Objective Secured in 8th edition.
- Aerial Drop: During deployment, you can set up this model in a high-altitude transport instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases, the unit can aerial drop into battle-set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.
- Iron Discipline: Any friendly Elysian Drop Troops units within 6" of this model may re-roll morale tests.
- Regiment- Landing in the Danger Zone: If your army is Battle-forged, all units in Elysian Drop Troops Detachments gain this ability. Elysian Drop Troops units can reroll any dice for a charges roll. During the first battle round, during the shooting phase, enemies take a -1 penalty to hit when shooting at Elysian Drop Troops and cannot fire overwatch against charging Elysian Drop Troops units. After the first battle round, Elysian Drop Troops units that enter from reserves, it gains this benefit until the end of that battle round.
- Astra Militarum units without the Elysian Drop Troops but have the following keywords may be included in any Elysian Drop Troops detachments without losing the Regiment benefits: Officio Prefectus, Scholastica Psykana, Militarum Tempestus,Militarum Auxilla, Adeptus Ministorum, Aeronautica Imperialis, Servitors, Tech-priest
works the same as in the Guard book
- Bring it down!: Re-rolls wound rolls of 1 for all models in the ordered unit until the end of the phase.
- First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire!: All lasguns and hot-shot lasguns in the ordered unit change their type to Rapid Fire 2 until the end of the phase.
- Get back in the fight!: The ordered unit can shoot this phase even if it Felll Back in its movement phase.
- Hold the Line!: The ordered unit ignores models killed during the Shooting or Fight phases when taking moral tests until the next Movement phase.
- Move and Fire!: All INFANTRY models in the ordered units count their weapons as being Assault weapons until the end of the turn.
- Move! Move! Move!: Instead, of shooting this phase, the ordered unit immediately moves as if it were the Movement phase. it must advance as part of this move, and cannot declare a charge during this turn.
- Take Aim!: Re-rolls hit rolls of 1 for all models in the ordered unit until the end of the phase.
- Into the jaws of Death!: instead, of shooting this phase, the ordered unit immediately charges as if its the charge phase even if it advanced this turn.
- Crush them! (1 CP): Use this stratagem at the start of your charge phase. A Vehicle Unit may charge, even if it has advanced this turn. In addition, all attacks made by the vehicle will hit on a 2+.
- Defensive Gunners (1 CP): Use this stratagem when a charge is declared against one of your vehicles. When it fires Overwatch for the rest of the phase, it hits on a roll of 5 or 6.
- Fight to the Death (1 CP): Any Imperial Guard unit can take a morale test on 1d3 instead of 1d6.
- Fire on my position! (3 CP): Use when the last model is slain from an Astra Militarum unit equipped with a vox-caster, before removing it from the table; for each unit (friend and foe) within 3", on a 4+ that unit suffers 1d3 mortal wounds.
- Go! Recon! (1 CP): Use this stratagem at the beginning of your shooting phase; select a unit of Scout Sentinels. They immediately move 2d6", but cannot shoot or charge this turn.
- Grenadiers (1 CP): Use this stratagem before an ASTRA MILITARUM INFANTRY unit either shoots or fires overwatch. Up to ten models in the unit that are armed with grenades can throw a grenade this phase, instead of only one model being able to do so.
- Jury Rigging (1 CP): Use this stratagem at the start of your turn. Select a AM Vehicle in your army, that vehicle can't move, charge or pile in this turn but immediately heals 1 wound. Can only be used once per turn.
- Imperial Commander's Armoury (1/3 CP): One use only. Use "before the battle" and you may take 1 additional relic for 1 CP, or two additional relics for 3 CP; all relics must be different and given to different characters.
- Inspired Tactics (1 CP): An officer can issue 1 more order. You can only bring so many Platoon and Tank Commanders
- Opening Bombardment (2 CP): One use only. After deployment but before the first battle round, each enemy unit on the battlefield suffers a mortal wound on a 1d6 roll of 6+.
- Strike First, Strike Hard (1 CP): In the shooting phase of the first battle round, select a unit of Armored Sentinels or Scout Sentinels. Their attacks gain +2 to hit.
- Take Cover! (1 CP): Use this stratagem in your opponents shooting phase if they target one of your Infantry units. That unit immediately adds 1 to their armor saves until the end of the phase.
- Vengeance for Cadia! (1 CP): Any Imperial Guard unit can re-roll failed hits and wounds versus CHAOS.
- Relentless (1CP): Non-TITANIC unit may use top bracket of damage table.
- Concentrated Fire (1CP): Heavy weapons team gains +1 to hit and wound when targeting a single enemy unit.
- Experienced Eye (1CP): When shooting with veterans improve AP of all ranged weapons by -1 for a single shooting phase.
Sargent Melee Weapons
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Chainsword Melee Melee User - 1 Each time the bearer fights, it can make 1 additional attack with this weapon. Power Sword Melee Melee User -3 1 Force Axe Melee Melee +1 -2 D3 - Force Maul Melee Melee +3 0 D3 - Power Fist Melee Melee x2 -3 D3 When attacking with this weapon, you must subtract 1 from the hit roll. Lightning Claw Melee Melee User -2 1 You can re-roll failed wound rolls for this weapon. If a model is armed with two Lightning Claws, each time it fights it can make 1 additional attack with them.
Sargent Range Weapon List
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Lasgun Rapidfire 1 24" 3 - 1 - Bolt Pistol Pistol 1 12" 4 - 1 Boltgun Rapidfire 1 24" 4 - - - Plasma Pistol Choose one profile Normal Pistol 1 24" 7 -3 1 - Overcharge Pistol 1 24" 8 -3 2 on a hit roll of 1, the user is slayn after shooting is resoled Shotgun Assault 2 12" 3 - 1 this weapons becomes Str4 while the target is in half range.
Special Weapon List
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Flamer Assault 1d6 8" 4 - 1 This weapon automaticly Hits its targest. Bolt Pistol Pistol 1 12" 4 - 1 - Grenade Launcher Choice a profile Frag Assault 1d6 24" 3 0 1 - Krak Assault 1 24" 6 -1 1d3 - Plasma Gun Choose one profile Normal Rapidfire 1 24" 7 -3 1 - Overcharge Rapidfire 1 24" 8 -3 2 On a hit roll of 1, the bearer is slain after all of this weapon's shots have been resolved. Shotgun Assault 2 12" 3 - 1 this weapons becomes Str4 while the target is in half range. Meltagun Assault 1 12" 8 -4 D6 If the target is within half range of this weapon, roll two dice when inficting damge with it and discard the lowest result. Breacher charges Melee Melee - - - one use per battle. when you make a melee attack with this weapon, do not roll to hit; instead roll a D6, on a 3+ deal d3 mortal wound. If the target was a Vehciel or Fortification, Deal D6 mortal Wounds intead. Lascutters Melee Melee 9 -3 1d3 If this weapon targets a Non-flying vehicle or Fortification, this weapon automaticly hits on a 3+ and increase its damage characteristic to 1d6
Heavy Weapon List
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Heavy bolter Heavy 36" 5 -1 1 - Missile Launcher Choice a profile Frag missile Heavy D6 48" 4 0 1 - Krak missile Heavy 1 48" 8 -2 D6 -
Other Wargear Weapon List
Long Range ground scanner: one use per battle. when an enemy unit deploys within 12" of a unit(s) within 3" of a character with a Long Range ground scanner or 18" if unit has a vox-caster and the character is within 3" of a unit with a vox-caster, those units can shoot at them as if it was the shooting phase.
Heirlooms of Conquest
In addition to their unique units, Elysian Drop Troops can only take the following:
Elysian Company Commander:
Elysian Lord Commissar:
Elysian Drop Trooper Squad: This unit contains 1 Sergeant and 9 Guardsmen (Power Rating 4).
- Laspistol - free
- Chainsword - free
- Lasgun - free
- Krak and Frag Grenades
- Aerial Drop
- vox Caster
- one Guardsmen may take a Vox caster
- The Sergeant may replace their Laspistol with an item from the Sergeant ranged Weapons list.
- The Sergeant may replace their Chainsword with an item from the Sergeant Melee Weapons list.
- one Guardsmen may replace their Lasgun with a Weapon from the Special Weapon list.
- Faction: Imperium, Astra Militarum, Elysian Drop Troopers
- Troops, Infantry, Elysian Drop Troopers Squad
Elysian Special Weapons Squad:
Elysian Veteran Squad:
Elysian Sniper Squad:
Elysian Command Squad:
Elysian Platoon Commander:
Elysian Drop Sentinels:
Tauros Assault Vehicle:
Cyclops Demolition Vehicle:
Elysian Heavy Weapons Squad: