Codex - Emperor's Roughnecks
Work in progress please do not edit without speaking to the creator or posting on the discussion board for this page!
The Emperor's Roughnecks are a project to create a space marine chapter as similar as possible to Heinlein's Mobile Infantry from the Starship Troopers novel. They are meant to be a mechanized extremely fast and hard hitting chapter of very small numbers.
The Roughnecks as they are colloquially know are descended from the Imperial Fists and raised from the heavy weapon champions of the Emperor after the Horus Heresy, they excel at utilizing heavy weaponry in a highly mobile fashion. All full members of this chapter utilize a specialized mark of centurion armor only available to them known as marauder centurion armor. This rare armor allows each battle brother to simultaneously carry extreme firepower and move with maximum speed and agility over the battlefield. Due to the specialized nature of their battle tactics, the extremely long training period and the limited supply of marauder centurion armor the number of full battle brothers in the chapter is extremely low at only 1 company of 100 marines. The rest of the chapter is comprised of normal space marine companies without any devastator squads as that honor is saved for the centurion pilots. Any set of armor lost is nearly irreplaceable and no 2 sets of armor are the same similar to the artificer armor of other chapters. Battle tactics for the army rely on shock and awe as well as mobile ranged and close combat. All marines always enter battle from deep strike on specialized jump packs unless deploying from garrisoned reserve.
- Roughneck - The Roughnecks like to move fast and hit hard. All Emperor's Roughnecks models have the following special rules:
- And They Shall Know No Fear
- Combat Squads
- Tank Hunters - A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule re-rolls failed armor penetration rolls against vehicles (both with shooting and in close combat) and can choose to re-roll glancing hits, in an attempt to instead get a penetrating hit – but the second result must be kept.
- Mobile Infantry - Any Emperor’s Roughnecks model may take a marauder jump pack. If a model is equipped with a marauder jump pack it may move twice it’s regular movement distance and run in the same turn but takes a -1 to any cover save until the next turn.
- Drop Assault - A model with this special rule arriving from deep strike counts as zooming on the turn it arrives but may not move other than scatter and counts as swooping on turn 2.
- Marauder Jump Pack (3 Points) - A unit with this upgrade may move twice it’s regular movement distance and run in the same turn but takes a -1 to any cover save on the next opponents turn.
- Drop Chaff (2 Points) - Any model, performing interceptor against a model deep striking and equipped with drop chaff, only hits on 6’s regardless of any wargear or other effects that may be in effect.
|Nuclear Plasma Tandem Warheads||24-72||D||2||Destroyer 10" blast, one use|
Marauder Centurion Chapter Master
The Chapter Master of the roughnecks wears a special command version of the Marauder plate allowing him to supervise and command his forces from the front lines and take advantage of up to the second information for the sharpest tactical decisions. It allows him to move faster and hit harder than any other suit that has been created.
|Marauder Centurion Ch||300||6||5||5||5||4||5||4||10||2+/4++|
- 1 Marauder Centurion Captain
- Marauder Armor
- Marauder Jump Pack
- Drop Chaff
- Frag and Krak Grenades
- Hurricane Bolter
- Iron Halo