The Doomsday Monolith is the Monolith's bigger and badder brother. It is the Necron approximation of a super-heavy battle tank and is often used as part of a Doomsday Phalanx.
A Doomsday Monolith is usually found at the centre of a Doomsday Phalanx, and is a heavily modified Necron Monolith protected by an energy field of unknown design. It is capable of focusing a ridiculous amount of destructive power even for Necrons, and is only prevented from being the ultimate cheese maker by the glowing dildo of doom, the Æonic Orb or big papa Megalith. It otherwise functions in the same way as a regular Monolith, and is capable of using its portal to deploy Necron Warriors from reserve or from other parts of the battlefield. For those who are wondering, a Doomsday Phalanx consists of at least three regular Necron Monoliths, with the Doomsday Monolith at its core.
When combined with the vehicle’s slab-sided armor plates and powerful Phase Shift Generator, this makes the Doomsday Monolith one of the hardiest vehicles in the Necron arsenal, and an incredibly daunting opponent for any enemy. Energy beams are absorbed and dispersed, whilst tank-busting missiles simply ricochet off the Doomsday Monolith’s armored hide, leaving behind minor damage whose repair is easily within the parameters of the living metal’s arcane functions. Indeed, the only way to truly halt the advance of a Monolith is to target it with sustained, focused fire.
However, formidable armor comes at the cost of speed. Due to a Doomsday Monolith’s ponderous bulk, it cannot move at speed, unlike other Necron skimmer vehicles and the more mobile vehicles of the militaries of the other star-faring races.
In order to live up to the word 'Doomsday' in its name, the Doomsday Monolith possesses a power matrix unlike any other. The power matrix energy output from a Doomsday can be discharged in the form of a Gauss Obliterator, a stronger form of the Particle Whip which affects a larger area and has enough power to vaporize your Titans. A Doomsday Monolith is also equipped with a Phase Shift Generator, which functions differently to the Phase Shift Generator of the Gauss Pylon. It affords the Doomsday Monolith additional protection, increasing its already tough-as-hell survivability (though not that of other nearby Necrons to balance it out). And last but not least, the icing of the cheesecake, nearby Monoliths can grant the energy from their Power Matrices to the Doomsday Monolith, which is capable of focusing this power to further increase the already overpowered intensity of its Gauss Obliterator.
A Doomsday Monolith is a single model equipped with four Doomsday Gauss Flux Arcs and a Gauss Obliterator.
|Remaining W||M||BS||Portal of Exile|
|Doomsday Gauss Flux Arc||36"||Heavy 6||7||-3||3||-|
|Gauss Obliterator||48"||Macro 6||12||-5||6||-|
- Living Metal
- Eternity Gate:
- When you set up this model, at the same time you can also set up any number of <DYNASTY> INFANTRY units on their tomb world rather than setting them up on the battlefield. Before the Doomsday Monolith moves in each of your Movement phases, a single friendly <DYNASTY> unit that was set up on their tomb world can be transported onto the battlefield by the Doomsday Monolith. Set up the unit so that it is wholly within 3" of this model and more than 1" from any enemy models; the unit that has just been set up counts as having disembarked from a transport for all rules purposes. If all friendly <DYNASTY> Night Scythes, Monoliths and Doomsday Monolith from your army are destroyed, any friendly <DYNASTY> units still on their tomb world are considered to be slain.
- Doomsday Power Matrix:
- This model has a 5+ invulnerable save. In addition, for every friendly <DYNASTY> Monolith within 6" of this model, increase its invulnerable save by one (up to a 2+). At the beginning of each of your shooting phases you can choose up to 5 friendly <Dynasty> Monolith within 6". They can't use their particle whip during that phase but for each of them increase this model's Gauss Obliterator strength, Ap and damage characteristics by one. If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing it from the battlefield and before any units disembark. On a 4+ each unit within 6" suffers D6 mortal wounds, on a 6 each unit within D6+6" suffers D6+3 mortal wounds.
- Flying Fortress:
- This model can move and fire Heavy weapons without any penalty to its hit rolls and only gains a bonus to its save in cover if at least half of the model is obscured from the firer. Also, distance and ranges are always measured to and from this model's hull, even though it has a base. Finally, during deployment, you can set up a Doomsday Monolith in the upper atmosphere instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases, the Doomsday Monolith can plummet to the battlefield - set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 12" away from any enemy models.
- Portal of Exile:
- When an enemy unit (other than a MONSTER or VEHICLE) finishes a charge move within 1" of this model, its portal of exile may activate. Roll a D6 and compare it to the Value required on the damage table above. If the roll is successful, the charging unit suffers D6 mortal wounds.
- Faction: <DYNASTY>, NECRONS
- FLY, Doomsday Monolith, TITANIC, VEHICLE, LORD OF WAR
|Forces of the Necrons|
|Command:||Cryptek (Plasmancer) - Destroyer Lord - Necron Lord |
Necron Overlord - Phaeron - Skorpekh Lord - Convergence of Dominion
|Troops:||C'tan Shards - Deathmarks - Flayed Ones - Immortals |
Lychguards - Necron Warriors - Skorpekh Destroyers
Triarch Praetorians - Royal Warden - Cryptothralls - Pariah
|Constructs:||Canoptek Spyder - Canoptek Wraith - Crypt Stalker |
Scarab - Tomb Sentinel - Tomb Stalker - Seraptek Heavy Construct
Canoptek Reanimator - Canoptek Plasmacyte - Canoptek Doomstalker
|Vehicles:||Annihilation Barge - Catacomb Command Barge - Doomsday Ark |
Ghost Ark - Monolith - Sentry Pylon - Triarch Stalker - Tesseract Ark
|Flyers:||Canoptek Acanthrite - Doom Scythe - Heavy Destroyers |
Necron Destroyers - Night Scythe - Night Shroud
|Abattoir - Æonic Orb - Doomsday Monolith - Megalith |
Necron Pylon - Obelisk - Tesseract Vault
|Necron Fleets:||Tomb Blades|