Fernia

From 1d4chan
Jump to: navigation, search
Twenty-sided die.png This article related to Dungeons & Dragons is a stub. You can help 1d4chan by expanding it

Fernia, the Sea of Fire is a plane in the cosmology of the Dungeons & Dragons setting of Eberron, commonly nicknamed "The Orrery". Flame covers everything in Fernia. The ground is nothing more than great, ever shifting plates of compressed flame, ash and debris. The air ripples with the heat of continual firestorms. Oceans of liquid flame ebb and flow, and mountains ooze with molten lava. Fire rages, with no need for fuel or air, across this everburning landscape.

Planar Traits[edit]

Fire dominant
Mildly Evil Aligned
Enhanced magic: Spells with the Fire descriptor are maximized and enlarged.
Impeded Magic: Spells with the Cold descriptor are impeded.
Fernia Inhabitiants: Azer, Balor, Pit Fiend, Fire Elemental, Efreeti, Hell Hound, Magmin, Fire Mephit, Magma Mephit, Steam Mephit, Rast, Salamander (all), Firre, Magma Para-elemental (all), Cinder Swarm, Conflagration Ooze, Phoelarch, Zezir.
Coterminous: When fernia is coterminous, regions of intense heat - primarily area around volcanoes – begin to take on some of the planes traits. Conditions of extreme heat (Air temp 140 degrees +) become even more intense: Breathing such hot air causes 1d8 dam per minute and the heat does an additional 1d6 of non lethal damage every 5 min (Fort vs DC20 +1 per previous check, negate). Lava or magma deals 4d6 damage per round of exposure, plus 2d6 points of damage per round for 1d4 rounds after exposure ceases. Entering a pool of lava or similar manifestation of extreme heat (such as a raging firestorm in the Mournland) while Fernia is coterminous has a 30% chance of moving that character into Fernia. Similarly, inhabitants of Fernia can move into Eberron, there is a 70% chance of encountering once in these areas. In areas of extreme heat, spells with the fire descriptor are automatically enlarged and empowered. Fernia is coterminous for one month (midsummer month of Lharvion) every five years.
Remote: When Fernia is remote, heat becomes less intense. Conditions of extreme heat are reduced in severity: breathing the air only does 1d4 points of damage per minute and the heat only does 1d3 points of non lethal damage every 5 minutes (Fort vs DC12 +1 per previous check, negates). Lava or magma deals 2d4 damage per round of exposure, plus 1d4 points of damage per round for 1d3 rounds after exposure ceases. Except in areas of extreme heat, spells with the fire descriptor are more difficult to cast, requiring a Spellcraft check vs DC15 + Spell level. Fernia is remote for one month (midwinter month of Zarantyr) every five years.