|Battle Cry||EAT BURGER!|
|Successors of||Blood Angels|
|Specialty||Rip and Tear|
"But if you're gonna dine with them cannibals sooner or later, darling, you're gonna get eaten . . .."
- – Nick Cave
"HUNGER FOR BURGER... HERETIC BURGER."
- – The sacred edict that Sanguinius was said to have imparted to the founding members of the Flesh Eaters during a vision that inspired their cannibalistic tendencies.
The Flesh Eaters are a successor chapter of the Blood Angels from the Third Founding. Even when other successors proved to be unstable, they decided that Sanguinius's gene seed was good enough. As you can guess, their name stems from their consumption of flesh. This practice is attributed to a "hyper-reactive" Omophagea. Basically, since Space Marines can learn by eating things, these guys learn a lot. Sadly they are still unable to learn why GW keeps leaving them in the dark. Hell, they were even in Rogue Trader!
They are still considered to be around. Despite what the 5th Ed BA codex says about being "Fatally undone by their gene-seed", which is code for "We don't even kn-//Historitor 126.96.36.199 decommissioned by Inquisitorial decree.//
The previous statement still rings true as every Blood Angel Successor Chapter showed up to help Baal out before Mac-daddy Robbie G showed up. It can also be assumed that they got Primaris Marines. But who really knows? Maybe they ate them? We can only hope and stipulate like so many other forgotten successor chapters.
- The Pentarchy of Blood (War of the False Primarch) The Flesh Eaters, Space Sharks, Death Eagles, Red Talons, & the Charnel Guard destroyed eleven other Space Marine chapters deemed heretics.
- Golance War The Flesh Eaters get duped by Eldar and have to be bailed out by the Mentors
- Alvatine Suppression The Flesh Eaters did something or were involved with whatever it was. Too bad this event is not referenced anywhere else.
- Devastation of Baal The Flesh Eaters got almost destroyed.
"They vilify us for our methods, yet nobody questions the results. We are the chosen Scions of Sanguinius, tempered weapon of the Emperor Himself. Our enemies quake with fear even before we strike first blood. They will soon know it is a fear well founded! Let them fear the Angels of Death, let them fear what is left of their short future; let them pray for death. Brothers, we will answer those prayers"
- – Force Commander Isiah of the Flesh Eaters during the Golance War, 987.M41
"This symbol I wear upon my shoulder and I bear upon my banner. He who defiles it defiles me, and shall be damned for all eternity."
- – Brother Ukadi, Adeptus Astartes Flesh Eaters, prior to the conclusion of the Alvatine Suppression
"Yes! Our true purpose is clear! Eat! Eat!! B U R G E R !!!"
- – Captain Creepio, the first Flesh Eater.
"Pray For Death" You'll get eaten anyways.
Charging an Ork compound with an Auto-pistol. No wonder he's pissed.