|Battle Cry||Unknown, possibly "Pray for Death!"|
|Successors of||Blood Angels|
|Strength||Presumably 600 post-Devastation of Baal|
|Specialty||Rip and Tear|
|Colours||Dark Red and White|
"But if you're gonna dine with them cannibals sooner or later, darling, you're gonna get eaten . . .."
- – Nick Cave
The Flesh Eaters are a successor chapter of the Blood Angels from the Third Founding. Even when other successors proved to be unstable, they decided that Sanguinius's gene seed was good enough. As you can guess, their name stems from their consumption of flesh. This practice is attributed to a "hyper-reactive" Omophagea. Basically, since Space Marines can learn by eating things, these guys learn a lot. Sadly they are still unable to learn why GW keeps leaving them in the dark. Hell, they were even in Rogue Trader!
They are still considered to be around. Despite what the 5th Ed BA codex says about being "Fatally undone by their gene-seed", which is code for "We don't even kn-//Historitor 22.214.171.124 decommissioned by Inquisitorial decree.//
The previous statement still rings true as every Blood Angel Successor Chapter (bar the Lamenters, who were too busy suffering) showed up to help Baal out before Mac-daddy Robbie G showed up. It can also be assumed that they got Primaris Marines. But who really knows? Maybe they ate them? We can only hope and stipulate like so many other forgotten successor chapters. Confirmed as of the 9th Edition Blood Angels Supplement to still be around.
Their current Chief Librarian, Scaraban, is a bit of an odd duck. He has colluded with Eldar in regards to the current Tyranid situation in the galaxy. His conclusion: the Hive Mind is just an intermediate form of a developing consciousness that will acend to godhood. So that's neat.
Daily rituals of the Flesh Eaters
- 04:00 - Reveille: The Flesh Eaters are roused from their meat hooks to start the day, it should also be noted the flesh eaters quarters are notably cold for some reason.
- 04:10 - Grooming: The Flesh Eaters take the time to comb their hair and brush their teeth. Special attention is given to flossing, getting any bits of bone or meat which may be still stuck in their teeth from yesterday's combat manoeuvres.
- 04:30 - Morning Meal: A light meal is prepared by the chapter serfs for the flesh eaters, this could include, sausages, pork, steak, ham, chicken, squigs, gretchins, and the chapter serfs.
- 05:00 - Morning Prayer: The Flesh Eaters pray to the Emperor for enemies to eat, and for their Primarch to give them guidance. These prayers usually involve requests for dipping sauces.
- 06:00 - Morning Firing Rituals: The Flesh Eaters prepare their next set of meals.
- 06:30 - Battle Practice: The Flesh Eaters practice with their ritual weapons against captured heretics, orks, aeldari and tyranids. The ritual weapons bear a suspicious resemblance to meat cleaves, knifes, forks, and lobster crackers.
- 08:00 - Meal Break: The Chapter serfs prepare a delicious meal from whatever the Flesh Eaters have killed this morning.
- 10:00 - Tactical Indoctrination: The Flesh Eaters prepare their skills in locating the prime rib, sirloin, and tenderloin of whatever they happen to be killing this week.
- 12:00 - Midday meal: The Flesh Eaters enjoy a delicious midday meal.
- 13:00 - Grocery Run: The Flesh Eaters dip out for snacks.
- 14:00 - Ritual Communion: The Chapter convenes in the reclusiarum to ritually "commune" with their primarch. This practice usually involves eating Ork parts, and attempting to not trip balls in the process.
- 15:00 - Deep Strike Training - The Flesh Eaters will practice their maneovers using jump packs and close combat.
- 16:00 - Evening Firing Rituals. the Flesh Eaters will gather to practice their night firing manoeuvres.
- 17:20 - Meat Break: The Flesh Eaters enjoy a light snack of roughly half a cow.
- 18:00 - Evening Meal: A Feast is prepared from whatever remains of their earlier firing rituals.
- 19:30 - Evening prayer: The Chapter gives thanks to the Emperor for their bountiful meals and the abundance of dipping sauce recieved today
- 21:30 - Free Time: The Flesh Eaters attempt to think of new jokes about eating meat or cannibalism, before deciding to watch reruns of the ancient Terran cooking show, "Kitchen Nightmares".
- 23:00 - The Flesh Eaters impale themselves on their meat hooks for a good night's sleep.
- The Pentarchy of Blood (War of the False Primarch) - The Flesh Eaters, Space Sharks, Death Eagles, Red Talons, & the Charnel Guard destroyed eleven other Space Marine chapters deemed heretics.
- Golance War - The Flesh Eaters get duped by Eldar and have to be bailed out by the Mentors.
- Alvatine Suppression - The Flesh Eaters did something or were involved with whatever it was. Too bad this event is not referenced anywhere else.
- Devastation of Baal - The Flesh Eaters got almost destroyed.
"They vilify us for our methods, yet nobody questions the results. We are the chosen Scions of Sanguinius, tempered weapon of the Emperor Himself. Our enemies quake with fear even before we strike first blood. They will soon know it is a fear well founded! Let them fear the Angels of Death, let them fear what is left of their short future; let them pray for death. Brothers, we will answer those prayers"
- – Force Commander Isiah of the Flesh Eaters during the Golance War, 987.M41
"This symbol I wear upon my shoulder and I bear upon my banner. He who defiles it defiles me, and shall be damned for all eternity."
- – Brother Ukadi, Adeptus Astartes Flesh Eaters, prior to the conclusion of the Alvatine Suppression
"Yes! Our true purpose is clear! Eat! Eat!! B U R G E R !!!"
"Pray For Death" You'll get eaten anyways.
Charging an Ork compound with an Auto-pistol. No wonder he's pissed.