Gorkamorka is the supreme deity of the Grand Alliance: Destruction. He has two heads, Gork and Mork, and he splits into these two halves to fight himself whenever the forces of Destruction aren't united. Which is pretty much always.
The earliest known record of Gorkamorka was when Sigmar and Dracothion first found him trapped underneath a living avalanche in Ghur. Upon being released, Gorkamorka was equally pleased to be free and pissed off that he needed someone else to save him, causing him to knock out Dracothion with one punch and attack Sigmar. The duel between him and Sigmar lasted for twelve days, until both sides grew tired, looked over the devastation of their battle and laughed. Realising he had finally met someone who wasn't just a good fight but loved battle just as much as him, Gorkamorka quickly befriended Sigmar and joined his pantheon. Thus, while Sigmar worked on creating civilisation, Gorkamorka would hunt the colossal Godbeasts of the realms and keep the Orruks, Grots and Ogors from causing too much trouble.
Gorkamorka eventually grew bored and frustrated by the order that Sigmar imposed, and declared the Great Waaagh!, where he and his followers rampaged across the Mortal Realms until they reached its end (how this would work given that the Mortal Realms are separate planes which each have their own edge isn't explained), upon which he turned around to do it all over again. The Waaagh! only stopped when it fell into infighting, causing Gorkamorka to divide back into Gork and Mork.
During the Realmgate Wars, Sigmar sent a group of Stormcast Eternals to search for him in hopes of rekindling the former alliance, but they found no sign. However, Gordrakk, perhaps the closest being there is to a mortal avatar of Gorkamorka, has made it very clear that he has no intent on rejoining the Pantheon of Order. Although he has made no physical appearance so far, Gorkamorka still directs the forces of Destruction through visions he grants to their shamans.
Each race of Destruction has their own separate interpretation of Gorkamorka, and most of them have their own priesthood with their own ways of communing with him.
- The closest thing the Ironjawz have to priests are the Warchanters, mystical pseudo-musicians who are said to constantly hear the twin heartbeats of Gork and Mork.
- The Bonesplitterz believe his spirit can be found in all great beasts, and can be harnessed through slaying them and taking their bones. Their Wurrgog Prophets are believed to be his mortal messengers even by other Orruk clans, though seeing as they are quite insane most of them don't have anything useful to say.
- The Moonclan Grots worship him through the Bad Moon, a grotesque planetoid that travels through the realms spreading darkness and madness wherever it goes. In addition, their Fungoid Cave-Shamans are believed to be able to communicate with Mork through ingesting copious amounts of mushrooms, causing them to be respected by all his worshippers and act as the closest thing Destruction has to grand strategists.
- The Spiderfang Grots worship the Spider-God, who they claim was an ordinary spider that gained Gorkamorka's power when it bit him on the toe. They also revere the Bad Moon, albeit they believe its the Spider God's eggsack that will one day hatch to release hordes of spiders all across the realms. Their priesthood are the Webspinner Shamans, who commune with the Arachnarok Spiders they believe to be the Spider-God's mortal avatars.
- The Gitmob Grots are said to see his face in the blazing light of Hysh. Although being an effectively discontinued faction means their religion is not really elaborated on, its quite likely they worship the Evil Sun.
- The Gutbusters worship him as the Gulping God. According to their myths, their race was created from Gorkamorka's saliva, and so they believe that their purpose is to be his instrument to consume the realms. Their priesthood are the Butchers and Slaughtermasters, who interpret his will through gory rituals involving entrails.
- The Beastclaw Raiders worship him as the Hungering Predator, a god of winter and the hunt. Their priesthood are the Huskard Torrs, mysterious figures believed to have their souls frozen by the Everwinter.
- The Firebellies worship him as the Sun-Eater, who ate the Red Sun of Ghur and from it gained the power to breathe fire, creating the Realm of Aqshy in the process.
|Gods of the Age of Sigmar|
|Alarielle - Gorkamorka - Grimnir - Grungni - Malerion - Nagash - Sigmar - Teclis - Tyrion|