|Specialty||Fucking Shit up With,various, flyers|
|Colours||Purple with black Aquila and yellow Heraldry with company color trim|
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
- – Manfred von Richthofen, The Red Baron
A Space Marine Chapter of an Unknown Founding, the Hawk Lords are a pretty cool chapter. Instead of using Drop Pods like normal Space Marines, they instead go for the more hands-on approach of flying their troops in on Thunderhawk Gunships. When their ground forces don't work they send in entire squadrons of Stormtalons. Besides their extreme boners for airships, they have accomplished making better Jump Packs. Their so-called Hawk Wings are apparently powerful enough to the point where a Devastator Marine can use it. Why these guys don't get more lore is a mystery.
For whatever reason (mostly writers being lazy and/or not checking consistency) multiple books are giving different Legion origins for the Hawk Lords. On one hand, their heraldry and use of Thunderhawks instead of Drop Pods do lean towards Raven Guard or Emperor's Children (who liked blowing the fuck out of the enemy with big-ass aircraft). After the Drop Site Massacre, the reorganized Raven Guard called their vehicle and air support companies "Hawks", which could be where the Hawk Lords got their name, given their own love of aircraft. On the other hand, they are a Codex compliant chapter (which doesn't really mean anything, honestly). That and the fact that like other Ultramarine successor chapters (Aurora Chapter and Nemesis chapter for example) taking their names from their legion chapters, the 21st chapter of the Ultramarines Legion was known as The Hawks. But we don't know. They could be a Dark Angels chapter seeing as the call their air unit the Talon Wing. Thanks GeeDubs.
Atherias: A battle-brother of the Hawk Lords before becoming one of the founding members of the Deathwatch (and more than likely the best corvus blackstar pilot in the imperium.)
- 4:00: The Hawk Lords wake up to their most holy of anthems.
- 4:30: Prayer to the emperor, and thanks to the Primarch, who has always been Roboute Guilliman, in spite of what some scribes might say. And they say hello to him and report to him once a week which he answers during that time assign to them
- 5:00: Morning firing rights and drills, usually while passing by and performing the "holy nosepat" upon the chapter's various aircraft.
- 7:00: Morning meal. Most of it is shared with chapter serfs and their families, both marine and serf . It is also by this point have just gotten done refueling the Chapter Thunderhawks for the day's missions and exercises.
- 8.00: Equipment maintenance. Special attention is paid to ensuring each and every craft in the hangars are in peak flying shape.
- 10.00: Close combat and firing drills. This is primarily to sharpen their skills, and serve to remind the Battle-Brothers that they cannot solve every problem with aircraft, as much as that would kick ass.
- 11:30: Aerial drills and exercises. The Hawk Lords at last return to the place they feel most comfortable; the cockpit of one of their many airships and single person flyers. Battle-Brothers can also cut a little loose by performing impressive feats of aeronautical artistry, but are usually reprimanded by superior officers as a matter of principal afterward, usually because the trick they just did was cooler than that of their superiors'.
- 13:30: Mid-Day meal. Usually on the tarmac of the air strip.
- 14:30: Physical training.
- 15:30: Down time. Most Hawk Lords engage in spirited games of volleyball without armor, squad bonding activities, or get right back into that Stormhawk they piloted earlier in the day to see "what this baby can REALLY do". Smart commanders and sergeants take this time to give more fly-happy battle-brothers scouting missions. Less popular battle brothers get stuck flying the Stormtalons.
- 17:30: Afternoon prayers, which ends with a flyover by special chaplain-flown thunderhawks.
- 19:30: Evening Prayer and meal. Chapter Serfs are allowed an autograph session.
- 21:30: Night-flying exercises. Not to spoke the local hive worlders if they can help it.
- 23:00: Hawk Lords retire to dream about soaring through the skies in the name of the Emperor.
Back when their purple was redder, 'cos red makes dere fightaz go fasta