AKA "I feel the need to have 'Irony' be a bluelink so I can pothole 'Irony', but can't think of anything for it to be a redirect to".
"It's like raaaaaiiinnnn on your wedding day..."
- – Alanis Morissette
When something is intended one way, but comes out another.
Some common possible cases of irony from /tg/:
- People think of D&D, which was originally a individual units wargame, as the pinnacle of role-playing games.
- /tg/ loves Monstergirls, but hates sexualized Furries.
- Hanafuda cards were specifically designed to prevent their use in gambling (no visible numbers, suits are somewhat hard to quickly read, etc.) are now almost exclusively used by gamblers.
- Warhammer 40k started out as parody and satire, but now a lot of people take it completely seriously.
- The God-Emperor from WH40k was an ultra-militant atheist.
- The song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette is in a surprisingly quantum state; that is, it's in a superposition of both being and not being actually ironic.
- The following statement:
Of course, whether any of the above actually is ironic or not is left up to the reader to decide.