Kasathas are another of Pathfinder's strange alien races, this time covering that gimmick of the aliens with multiple arms. Aside from their quadruple arms, their skin tends to be of pale coloration and their heads are elongated and almost cone-like, which probably would take a few hours of make up and SFX/props to put on a set of Doctor Who or Star Trek. In official art, they are always wearing some clothing or accessory that covers their mouth.
Despite lacking much of a cultural identity, the fact that they usually live in Numeria makes it pretty clear that they're definitely not native to Golarion and might be part of whatever incident led to Numeria becoming the techno-barbaric wasteland it is today. Their uncertain origin and their unusual appearance is the reason they tend to be reclusive nomads with one exception. That exception revolves around a certain coming of age ceremony where youths leave their clans and go wandering on their own so they could observe other cultures before returning. The splatbook People of the Stars confirms that they come from a planet outside Golarion's solar system.
Their particular makeup of stats and appearance lends to them a unique archetype to the Ranger class, where their four arms are put to use dual-wielding bows with no issue.
- Stat Adjustment: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom
- Size: Medium
- Normal Speed: Kasathas have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Defensive Training (Ex): Kasathas have a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class.
- Desert Runner (Ex): Kasathas have a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue, exhaustion, and other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments.
- Desert Stride (Ex): Kasathas move through nonmagical difficult terrain in desert environments at normal speed.
- Jumper (Ex): Kasathas are always considered to have a running start when attempting Acrobatics checks to jump.
- Multi-Armed (Ex): A kasatha has four arms. One hand is considered its primary hand; all others are considered off hands. It can use any of its hands for other purposes that require free hands.
- Stalker (Ex): Perception and Stealth are class skills for kasathas.
Alternative Racial Trait: Stealthy - Kasatha living on Golarion must often take great pains to hide their existence from others. Such kasathas gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks. Stealth is always a class skill for them. This racial trait replaces jumper and stalker.
Surprise, surprise, Kasathas were really aliens. More specifically, they're aliens that are fleeing their dying homeworld of Kasath aboard the massive starship the Idari and tried to colonize Akiton and failing. In response, they decided to park their ship nearby and become a Space Colony. This leads to a situation similar to what one would see in a Craftworld, where every citizen is trained in order to do their part in maintaining and protecting the Idari while also allowing them to pursue different callings in civilian life.
In addition, their lack of cultural identity is revealed to being an incredibly traditionalist culture, with many items and weapons originating from their ancient history. Even their dead have their memories delved into in an Infinity Circuit kind of way in order to uncover more history and progress.
- Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Int
- Hit Points: 4
- Size and Type: Kasathas are Medium humanoids with the kasatha subtype.
- Desert Stride: Kasathas can move through nonmagical difficult terrain in deserts, hills, and mountains at their normal speed.
- Four-Armed: Kasathas have four arms, which allows them to wield and hold up to four hands’ worth of weapons and equipment. While their multiple arms increase the number of items they can have at the ready, it doesn’t increase the number of attacks they can make during combat.
- Historian: Due to their in-depth historical training and the wide-ranging academic background knowledge they possess, kasathas receive a +2 racial bonus to Culture checks.
- Natural Grace: Kasathas receive a +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics checks.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Akitonian Settler: Replace Ability Score Modifiers with +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Con
- Kasath Native: Replace Ability Score Modifiers with +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha
- Nomad: Replace Ability Score Modifiers with +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Wis
- Crew Member: Gain a +2 Racial Bonus to either Computers, Engineering, or Piloting. Replaces Historian.
- Personal Traditions: You can re-roll a failed Saving Throw once per day. This replaces Natural Grace.
|The Races of Pathfinder|
|Player's Handbook:||Dwarf - Elf - Gnome - Half-Elf - Half-Orc - Halfling - Human|
|Aasimar - Catfolk - Changeling - Dhampir - Duergar |
Drow - Fetchling - Gillman - Goblin - Grippli - Hobgoblin
Ifrit - Kitsune - Kobold - Merfolk - Nagaji - Orc - Oread
Ratfolk - Samsaran - Strix - Suli - Svirfneblin - Sylph
Tengu - Tiefling - Undine - Vanara - Vishkanya - Wayang
|Bestiaries:||Android - Astomoi - Caligni - Deep One Hybrid - Gathlain |
Gnoll - Kasatha - Munavri - Naiad - Orang-Pendak
Reptoid - Rougarou - Shabti - Trox - Yaddithian
|Adventure Paths:||Being of Ib - Kuru|
|Inner Sea Races:||Ghoran - Monkey Goblin - Lashunta - Skinwalker |
Syrinx - Triaxian - Wyrwood - Wyvaran
|Ultimate Wilderness:||Vine Leshy|
|Blood of the Sea:||Adaro - Cecaelia - Grindylow - Locathah - Sahuagin - Triton|
|Planar Adventures:||Aphorite - Duskwalker - Ganzi|