List of Vidya Board Games
So, here's a list of computer versions of board and card games. We're only counting fairly direct adaptions, for the sake of our sanity. Please note quality, if you know.
*inhale* Here we go:
- Talisman: Digital Edition: Fairly good adaption of the Fantasy Flight version of Talisman.
- Ticket to Ride
- Through the Ages
- Magic: The Gathering: Many versions. Some of them good, some of them bad.
- Microprose's version is of interest mainly for having Sid Meier work on it and having a solid enough single player campaign.
- Various versions published by Wizards of the Coast.
- Space Hulk: Various versions over the years; be cautious, as this one is particularly prone to having the games be an adaption of the concept of Space Hulk, rather then the board game.
- Various wargames in the 80s and early 90s were prone to having a computer adaption, in order to cut down on the paperwork. Many were published by SSI, but many more were effectively just Shareware.
Pure Ameritrash with limited redeeming value goes here; most of these have multiple versions, so we're just rattling them off here for completeness sake:
- Monopoly has a lot of versions, most of them exactly as shit as the board game, but some of them are somehow worse, impossible as that sounds.
Just about every popular public domain board game has plenty of versions floating around.
- Chess: MANY versions. Since about 2005, the best of them are consistently able to beat the best human players.