Megaliths are Monolith and Doomsday Monolith's father and is thus very large and very powerful. Megaliths are enormous mobile fortresses; in fact, they are so large they can carry multiple Monoliths within its hull, releasing them like a swarm upon the battlefield like a giant Necron Matryoshka Dolls so you can shoot Gauss cannons while you shoot Gauss cannons.
Other than its humongous (humongous what?!) size and capability of carrying as many Monoliths as possible, the Megalith is also equipped with an arsenal of devastating Gauss and particle weaponry far more powerful than your standard-issue Monolith. The Megalith is fully capable of space travel as well as planetary landings, and is used to initiate full-scale planetary assaults against hardened targets, usually from planetary orbit.
A Megalith was first encountered by the forces of the Imperium of Man in the hands of Nemesor Zahndrekh, a Necron Overlord of the Sautekh Dynasty, during The Conquest of Uttu Prime in the Vidar Sector in the late 41st Millennium. At Uttu Prime, Zahndrekh's Megalith and its related forces were responsible for eradicating 3 regiments of the Imperial Guard's elite Catachan Jungle Fighters and 3 full companies of Imperial Fists Space Marines. Suffice to say, the Imperials got their asses kicked and were sent home crying that the big meanie Zahndrekh had stolen their lunch money and took them to town for an ass whoopin'. Ever since this incident, the Imperium has stayed the fuck away from Zahndrekh's Megalith.
- Height: 25-30m; approx
- Length: 25-30m; approx
This unit contains 1 Megalith (Power Rating 150).
- Four Decimator Gauss Array:
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Decimator Gauss Array 48" Heavy 5 9 -4 D6 Treat damage rolls of 1 or 2 made by this weapon as 3 instead.
- Gauss Matrix:
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Gauss Matrix 60" Macro 2D6 14 -5 9 Each time you roll a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, the target suffers D3 mortal wounds in addition to any other damage.
- Death Landing: During deployment, you can set up a Megalith in the upper atmosphere instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases, the Megalith can plummet to the battlefield - set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 18" away from any enemy models.
- Giant Construct: This model can Fall Back in the Movement phase and still shoot and/or charge during its turn. When this model Falls Back, it can move over enemy models that don't have the TITANIC keyword, though at the end of its move it must be more than 1" away from all enemy units. This model can fire its shooting weapons even if there are enemy models within 1" unless those enemy models are TITANIC. In this case, it can shoot the enemy unit that is within 1" of it or any other visible enemy unit that is within range and more than 1" away from any friendly models. In addition, this model can move and fire Heavy weapons without any penalty to its hit rolls. Finally, this model only gains a cover bonus to its armour save if at least half of it is obscured from the firing unit.
- Living Fortress: At the beginning of your turn this model recovers D6 wounds lost previously in the game.
- Monolith Transport: When you set up this model, at the same time you can also set up to four friendly <DYNASTY> Monoliths inside it rather than setting them up on the battlefield. At the end of your Movement phase, you can disembark any of the Monoliths. Set them up within 6" of this model, they can then act as normal. Once a Monolith has exited the Megalith, it cannot re-enter it.
- Faction: <DYNASTY>, NECRONS
- LORD OF WAR, FLY, Megalith, TITANIC, VEHICLE
|Vessels of the Necrons|
|Space Station||World Engine|
|Cruisers||Light Cruiser - Harvest Ship |
|War Machines||Æonic Orb - Abattoir|