The Ork Minelayer is by far one of the weirdest (by Ork standards anyway) and least aerodynamic aircraft used by the Orks. Seriously, it is a fifty ton floating metal barrel. This craft is suspended in mid-air by powerful repulsor fields and uses its powerful engines to propel itself in clouds of black smoke. It is sometimes armed with a Killkannon or multiple Big Shootas and features a cavernous bomb bay.
These usually contain row upon row of specially-built Repulsor Mines, which themselves contain weaker repulsor fields. These mines are placed by Minelayer's claw and after their fields are activated, they float in mid air until someone passes under them. This will collapse the delicate repulsor field, causing the mine to fall on top of him. The unlucky trespasser is torn to shreds by a massive explosion, if the fall of a heavy mine doesn't kill him first. They are usually used against light Imperial ships as smaller fighters are too small and fast for the mine to be effective at all.
Minelayer's Mine Grabber is also used for light crane work by Ork Mekboys. The craft is sometimes used as a dropship, its bays filled with angry Boyz instead of the mines.
They are best seen in the SPESS MAHREEN video game, where they act as dropships.
A Minelayer is a single model, it is armed with 2 Big Shootas.
|Big Shoota||36"||Assault 3||5||0||1||-||0|
|Bolted On Big Shoota||36"||Assault 3||5||0||1||-||4|
|Construction Krane||Melee||Melee||User||-1||2||This weapon hits on a 3+.||20|
|Twin Linked Grot Sponson||24”||Assault 4||4||0||1||This weapon hits on a 4+.||6|
- This model must take either a:
- Mine bay.
- Transport Hold.
- This model may take a Construction Krane.
- This model may take up to 10 additional Bolted On Big Shootas.
- This model may take Kustom Repulsors 30 points.
- This model may take up to 2 Twin Linked Grot Sponsons.
- Mine Bay: Ork mines are comparable to the spore mines used by the Tyranids, except that Ork mines will detonate at the presence of friend or foes.
- If this model has a Mine Bay then it contains 10 mines, and it may deploy up to 3 of them during your shooting phase, Mines have the following profile:
- Transport Hold: Some Ork Kaptins consider mines to be pansy nonsense, and much prefer to fill their holds with angry ork boys.
- If this model has a transport hold then it may transport up to 20 ORK INFANTRY models, with MEGA ARMOUR or JET PACK models taking up 2 spaces each.
- Construction Krane:
- If this model took a Construction Krane it may also transport 1 KILLA KAN, but while doing so it may not use the Construction Krane profile and subtracts 2” from its movement distance.
- Kustom Repulsors:
- A model with a Kustom Repulsor has a 6++ invulnerability save against shooting attacks. In addition, enemy units attempting to charge a model with aKustom Repulsor must subtract 1” from their charge distance.