The Ork Minelayer is by far one of the weirdest (by Ork standards anyway) and least aerodynamic aircraft used by the Orks. Seriously, it is a fifty ton floating metal barrel. This craft is suspended in mid-air by powerful repulsor fields and uses its powerful engines to propel itself in clouds of black smoke. It is sometimes armed with a Killkannon or multiple Big Shootas and features a cavernous bomb bay.
These usually contain row upon row of specially-built Repulsor Mines, which themselves contain weaker repulsor fields. These mines are placed by Minelayer's claw and after their fields are activated, they float in mid air until someone passes under them. This will collapse the delicate repulsor field, causing the mine to fall on top of him. The unlucky trespasser is torn to shreds by a massive explosion, if the fall of a heavy mine doesn't kill him first. They are usually used against light Imperial ships as smaller fighters are too small and fast for the mine to be effective at all.
They are best seen in the SPESS MAHREEN video game, where they act as dropships.
A Minelayer is a single model, it is armed with 2 Big Shootas and 2 Twin Grot Sponsons.
|Big Shoota||36"||Assault 3||5||0||1||-||0|
|Construction Krane||Melee||Melee||User||-1||2||This weapon hits on a 3+.||15|
|Twin Grot Sponson||24”||Assault 4||4||0||1||This weapon hits on a 4+.||0|
- This model is armed with Kustom Repulsors.
- It must take either:
- A Mine bay.
- Or a Transport Hold.
- This model may take a Construction Krane for 15 points.
- This model may take up to 2 additional Big Shootas for 5 points each.
- This model may replace its Big Shoota for a Killkannon for 15 points.
- ’ere we go
- If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing it from the battlefield and before any embarked models disembark. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" suffers D3 mortal wounds. If this model is equipped with a Mine bay it instead explodes on a 4+, and each unit within 2D6” suffers D3 mortal wounds.
- Mine Bay:
- If this model has a Mine Bay then it contains 12 mines. It may deploy up to 3 mines (at least 3" away from each other, as grots are runty and slow loaders) during your movement phase. Mines have the following profile:
- An Ork Mine explodes if it is within 3" of any units (friend or foe) at the end of a movement or charge phase. Each time an Ork Mine explodes, roll a D6; on a 1 it fails to inflict any harm, on a 2-5 it inflicts 1 mortal wound on the nearest enemy unit, and on a 6 it inflicts D3 mortal wounds on that unit. The Ork Mine is then destroyed.
- Transport Hold: Some Ork Kaptins consider mines to be pansy nonsense, and much prefer to fill their holds with angry ork boys.
- If this model has a transport hold, it gains the TRANSPORT keyword and it may transport up to 20 ORK INFANTRY models. Each MEGA ARMOUR or JET PACK model takes up 2 spaces.
- Construction Krane:
- If this model took a Construction Krane it may also transport 1 KILLA KANZ model, but while doing so it may not use the Construction Krane profile and subtracts 2” from its movement characteristic.
- Scoutin’ Ahead:
- During deployment, you can set up a Minelayer behind enemy lines instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases, the Minelayer can swoop around to ambush the foe - set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.
- Kustom Repulsors:
- Enemy units attempting to charge a model with a Kustom Repulsor must subtract 2” from their charge distance.
Category: Faction: <Clan>, Faction: Ork, Fly, Ork Minelayer, Vehicle