|This article contains PROMOTIONS! Don't say we didn't warn you.|
|This article or section is about something involving/related to /d/.|
Expect PROMOTIONS and possible mental scarring. Also rape.
Musclegirl is, alongside loli and shortstack, another loan-word in the /tg/ lexicon assimilated from /d/. Also known as "fit", musclegirl refers to attractive women who are visibly strong and possess blatant musculature. If she has abs, a six-pack, and still looks hot, then she's a musclegirl.
It is /tg/ custom to spam musclegirl artwork whenever the -4 Str meme is brought up, in a visual refutation of its claim that women can't be strong.
Musclegirls in /tg/ are unique in that they don't have to be monstergirls to make sense - not that some fa/tg/uys don't mind mixing the two, mind you. After all, whilst you'd reasonably expect females from a race with a Strength bonus to be naturally buff, you'd also expect any woman who pursues a Strength-focused class to naturally get ripped as part of being able to do her job effectively. So when /tg/ does a musclegirl thread, expect to see not only race-based pics of gals from species such as dwarfs, orcs, goliaths and oni - and, if you're (somehow) okay with furries, then things like dragonborn, minotaurs and gnolls too - but also plenty of class-based pics of things like Fighters, Barbarians and Monks.
Notable Musclegirls in popular media
- The Adepta Sororitas (Warhammer 40K) Sexually deprived corpse worshippers with chainswords and bolters. Complete with leather boots and all the Grimdark they can muster.
- Daemonettes (Warhammer/Age of Sigmar/40k) Most art showing them tends to have them pretty cut in a subtle way, or lean at the very least. You'll have little time to admire them before they surprise you with a dick.
- Female Stormcast Eternals (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar) Starting with Neave and Angharad, women in the Stormcast are shown with respectable, sculpted abs; and are as strong as their male counterparts, which is something.
- Every female Orc in fiction If they aren't just a male orc with tits slapped on, they fit pretty well here. The same tends to apply to female trolls, especially in Shadowrun.
- Every female Adventurer with a non-dex based martial class You gotta be strong to swing a sword with efficiency, so any female martial character tends to fall into this category -4 Str be damned.
- Probably the Dex-based ones too Gymnasts aren't as ripped as lifters, but they have their six-packs all the same.
- Female Dorfs Overlaps with shortstacks, but considering they can manhandle things more than twice their size it should be no wonder. Beware of extra hair.
- Female Space Marines (Warhammer 40K) Strictly non-canon and hypothetical, mention on /tg/ at your own peril.
- Zhyzhak (White Wolf) Criminally insane, wears retardedly revealing clothing, turns into a furry; standard fare for a Black Spiral Dancer.
- Casca (Berserk) Delicious chocolate skin short-haired tomboy warrior... before Griffith did NOTHING WRONG!
- Sarah (The Legend of Mother Sarah) Buff mom in what totally isn't Fist of the North Star goes looking for her kids, looks good doing it.
- Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) Badass cyborg bitch from the future ready to beat the shit out of robots and terrorists. Also known as the Major. Known to dabble in /ss/.
- Big Barda (DC Comics) Originally a servant under Darkseid, she presumably left his allegiance over differences on the spelling of his dumb name. Known for her Boom Tubes.
- Korra (Avatar: The Legend of Korra) Bratty, impulsive and easily played. The people who like her also love how buff she is, the people who don't can at least play with themselves to the bountiful porn that can be found of her.
- Power Girl (DC Comics) A Kryptonian. While mostly known for her massive bust and cleavage, officially being the bustiest superhero in DC comics, she's also pretty built when most other heroines get by on tits alone.
- Wonder Woman (DC Comics) Depending on the artist. Ironically, several of her creator's fetishes were part of the original version of the character.
- She-Hulk (Marvel Comics) Not overly surprising. Bruce Banner's cousin, she gained her powers when he gave her a blood transfusion after she got shot. Gains an extra head and a half of height in addition to becoming buffer with green skin/hair and retains her own mind, rather then turning into an XBOXHUEG rage machine like the regular Hulk. Something to do with her not being mentally fucked up the way Banner is. She's also a defense lawyer for superheroes, which is neat.
- Amazon (Dragon's Crown) Ventures near into /d/ territory, and most certainly puts even ol' Chunners to shame when it comes to leg volume. Watermelons beware.
- Ayla (Chrono Trigger) Blame Toriyama for not learning how to draw anything muscular besides the autistic monkey men, but she is toned and smacks the shit out things. Likes meat, fighting, and FRICTION.
- Blue Mary (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters) Nobody keeps up with KOF lore, so who cares about her story? She rocks a six-pack and is a world-class grappler.
Also speaks in broken Engrish due to SNK refusing to hire non-Japanese voice actors.SNK still refuses to hire non-Japanese voice actors but her current voice is half-Australian so she doesn't speak broken Engrish, unlike the rest of the cast whenever they try to speak English.
- Chun-Li (Street Fighter) Chinese woman who works for Interpol and surprisingly doesn't specialize in knock-off handbags and "happy endings". She's generally depicted with muscular legs; ranging anywhere from toned to massive tree trunks. Whatever the case, she's a preacher of the phrase "Thick thighs save lives."
- Felicia (Darkstalkers) Forget your degenerate furry tendencies for a moment and you might remember that Felica was actually pretty built back in the day. This is, of course, before Capcom decided to keep shooting itself in the foot.
- Illaoi (League of Legends) A big huge Polynesian woman, even bigger than many tank champions of the game. She is certified /d/, because she literally fights by summoning rapist tentacles.
- Meryl Silverburgh (Metal Gear) Special forces with a massive chip on her shoulder. Almost got a dose of dominant genes before Snake decided to spend his days with his butt-buddy Hal Emmerich. Later married her squad member Johnny Sasaki, who you may remember as that incompetent man with severe bowel problems throughout most of the games. Yeah, we don't know what she sees in him either.
- Samus Aran (Metroid) When she's not rolling around in power armor she's actually pretty
cutcute. Made all the more visually appealing with her collection of skin-tight bodysuits.
- Sonya (Heroes of the Storm) Looks like a beefier Red Sonja and probably is just that considering how shit Blizzard is with writing characters and stories.
- Urbosa (Legend of Zelda) She, like every other Gerudo woman (which is almost all of them, as a male is born only once every 100 years), stands at a minimum of 7 feet tall and sports an all natural 6 pack. The only thing that differentiates her from the rest of her race is her hair not being in a pony-tail.
- Rinkah (Fire Emblem Fates) Daughter and successor of the Fire Tribe's chieftain and it shows: independent, gruff, blunt and fiery while also being a lover of sweets in secret. She also will rip your balls off and roast them (not necessarily in that order) in a single movement if you give her a reason to. Check her out.
- Amazon, but that's kind of a given. The two frequently overlap, but while musclegirls can be amazonian if they're tall enough, they have to live the amazon lifestyle to be amazons.
- The TV Tropes page.