A Necron Dynasty is a social division of the Necrontyr Empire, consisting of a ruling family (the actual dynasty, and the source of the dynasty's name) and the associated courts, lesser nobles, and serfs. When the Necrontyr were upgraded into Necrons, the Dynasties were retained and used as military divisions, enforced by the command protocols implanted in the biotransference process.
Each Dynasty is ruled by a Phaeron, who has a Royal Court of Crypteks and Overlords to advise him and to whom he can delegate tasks. Each Overlord rules a small collection of Tomb Worlds that belong to the Dynasty, and has court of Crypteks and Lords, the latter of whom rule a single world each. The Lords may have courts of their own, consisting of even lesser nobles who may oversee particular aspects of a Tomb World's operation or its forces, and so on down the layers of nobility. Even the most minor nobles keep a few unusually bright Immortals or other servants on hand, though at this point the court is not very "Royal" at all.
The actual titles used vary from Dynasty to Dynasty (and even among the Houses within a Dynasty), though some are common across all Dynasties. For example, the overall commander on a battlefield will be called "nemesor".
Each Dynasty has a glyph used to mark nobles and vehicles belonging to the Dynasty. The most senior nobles bear the full mark, while lesser nobles and their war machines may only bear a part of it. Warriors and Immortals are not considered worthy of the honor of being marked by a house, being completely interchangeable and almost totally expendable -- they only get the Ankh of the Triarch and, optionally, may be painted in the colors of their house.
- Sautekh Dynasty: The current largest and most powerful.
- Maynarkh Dynasty: The one that relives the golden memories of the silent and crazy Necrons!
- Nihilakh Dynasty: The ones with a better looking color job than the Thokt.
- Mephrit Dynasty: The ones that destroy stars for a living.
- Thokt Dynasty: The ones with a better looking color job then the Nihilakh.
- Nekthyst Dynasty: A bunch of dishonorable dicks.
- Khansu Dynasty: One of the few Dynasty who fully rejected the bio-transferred and revolted, minus a minor prince who the C'tan were promoted to Phaeron, because of this the Dynasty was used as canon fodder during the War of Heaven until only the Phaeron remained.
- Altymhor Dynasty: One of the few Necrons that keep non-necron slaves.
On the tabletop, a Dynasty is like a Space Marine Chapter: each has its own characters and color schemes, but one's choice has minimal effect on actual gameplay until the 8e Necron Codex comes out.
- Necron Army Creation Tables, a set of tables that allows you to create your very own Dynasty or Army.
|Governments, Empires, Nations and Astropolitical Powers of the Galaxy|
|Imperial Powers:||Imperium of Man (Adeptus Mechanicus - Ultramar)|
|Chaos Powers:||Blood Pact - Scourge Stars - Sortiarian Occupation (Prospero/Sortiarius)|
|Eldar Powers:|| Commorragh - Craftworlds (Alaitoc - Biel-tan - Iyanden |
Saim-Hann - Ulthwé)
|Necron Powers:|| Charnovokh Dynasty - Maynarkh Dynasty - Mephrit Dynasty |
Nekthyst Dynasty - Nephrekh Dynasty - Nihilakh Dynasty
Novokh Dynasty - Ogdobekh Dynasty - Sautekh Dynasty
|Ork Powers:||Ork Empire of Charadon - Ork Empire of Octarius|
|Tau Powers:||Tau Empire - Farsight Enclaves|
|Other Powers:||Q'Orl Swarmhood - Fra'al|