Not as planned
(Redirected from Not As Planned)
" No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy."
"Not as planned" is what you say when things are the exact opposite of being Just As Planned.
Examples of not as planned
- The outcome of the Great Crusade.
- The Space Wolves surviving the Burning of Prospero due to Magnus the Red sitting out the fight (Tzeentch somehow didn't plan for that, so it "saved" the Thousand Sons as a reward).
- The Outcast Dead hints that the Emperor learned something relevant to the duel with Horus that might still manage to screw over the Chaos Gods after being mortally wounded. When asked by the Outcast if they would ever see each other again he gives the enigmatic answer that nothing is certain as far as the Warp is concerned (a hint that we might see the return of the Emprah in all his physical glory if the storyline ever really progresses?)
- The Imperium of Man in all its current unwholesome glory!*BLAM*
- The fall of the Eldar, perfect for lolz.
- Black Crusades by a certain armless failure… (although canonically they actually were Just As Planned. Well, except maybe that one that tossed Failbaddon right into the middle of a ton of orks, but Abaddabbadoo still got something out of it).
- Loose C'tan shards (just roaming around the galaxy)
- Everything the Inquisition does to try and strengthen humanity (it all goes tits up, time after time).
- Playing Tau against Tyranids in cityfighting scenario.
- Playing Tyranids against Tau in anything BUT a cityfighting scenario.
- Playing an army entirely in reserve and suffering spontaneous existence failure.
- 7th Edition and all the non-powercreep codices for said edition (that said, the Daemonology powers are a nice addition, although trying to use them as a non-daemon or GK SUCKS BALLS).
- 7th Edition Eldar nerf. Because making best codex in the game even stronger is a great idea. But hey, you cried about Serpents, and GW toned it down!