The Story of O'ren I'shi'ii
O'ren I'shi'ii is the estranged daughter of a Vostroyan guardsman and a water caste ambassador. During her youth she lived on a world constantly besieged by Chaos marines and other hideous warp horrors coming straight out the Perdus fissure. O'ren became early on aware of the fact that her mother brought her to the world in a nasty manipulative maneuver to force her Gue'la father to defect to the Tau Empire, by shame of having had sexual intercourse with a xeno. O'ren decided to run away and try to meet her father and try to learn the arts of battle from him instead of keep up her studies at the water caste academy.
Her first encounter with her father, now a conflicted drunkard living in an almost forgotten mining village, ended with her being spit in the face and almost beaten to death with a bottle of cheap liquor. However, O'ren didn't give up and each morning tried to convince her father about teaching her the art of combat as imperial guardsmen know them. The day a Tarellian dog soldier mercenary almost killed her father for some affair dealing with game debts, O'ren not only rescued her father from the brutal xeno, but also impressed him enough for him to consider the girl worthy of his proud lineage. Vargunov as her father was named, decided to train his daughter as hard as any other Vostroyan would train with his or her firstborn son.
Once her training ended, she said her farewell to her father and entered into the fire caste academy. That was, of course, a scandal which the ethereal of the colony resolved with the decision to allow her to fight, just not as a fire caste warrior, but as a Gue'vesa in the first line of fire against the Chaos forces assaulting their world each summer season. They all thought that was the end of the mongrel girl, but O'ren survived and perform so well on the battlefield that some commanders started to think perhaps the water caste mongrel could be accepted in the fire caste academy. Only after surviving a direct encounter with a Khornate berserker, only losing her left eye, was she allowed to enter the fire caste academy.
She has risen quickly through the ranks and are now a highly respected commander of a mixed auxiliary force. However, her unorthodox doctrine of fighting doesn't sit well with the ethereals and her affinity for melee combat goes against all the Tau doctrine stands for.
O'ren and Shadowsun often ends up butting heads over everything from doctrine to how to best make a blueberry pie.
Name and Origin
O'ren I'shi'ii is a Tauification of O-Ren Ishi-i from Kill Bill.
She came to be after a thread about love between xenos and humans. After someone commented on having a half-tau daughter some writefag supplied this piece of awesomeness:
[after she cuts off Fire caste's head, in Tau language] So you all will know the seriousness of my warning, I shall say this in Gothic.
[in Low Gothic] As your partner in the Greater Good, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Vostroyan or Gue'la heritage as a negative is... I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time!
I didn't think so.
[calmly, in Tau] Gentlemen, this meeting is adjourned.
Cost: 35 points
WS: 5 BS: 3 S: 3 T: 3 W: 2 I: 4 A: 2 Ld: 9 Sv: 4+
Unit type: Infantry
• Pulse Pistol (R12” S5 AP5)
• Close-combat weapon
• Fusion Grenades
O'ren I'shi'ii Special Rules:
• Special Character
• Independent Character
• Mixed Force : O'ren I'shi'ii may take auxiliary forces (Kroot, Vespid, and Gue’Vesa) as troop choices, and must take at least one (1) auxiliary troop choice.
• Unorthodox Training: O'ren I'shi'ii trains her soldiers in a way seen unorthodox by the Etherials. All Tau-aligned forces gain the Countercharge Special Rule, but all non-auxiliary tau forces suffers -1Ld.
O'ren I'shi'ii may take her specially designed XV Battlesuit (making her S5, T4, W3, Sv: +3) for 45 points, If done so O'ren I'shi'ii may choose wargear from this list (and must pick at least 2):
• Blacksun Filter [5p]– As per Tau Codex.
• Ionized Shield [20p]– Grants a 5++ invulnerable save when not in Close Combat and a 4++ invulnerable save when in Close Combat.
• Adrenaline Amplifier [15p] - O'ren I'shi'ii gains the Feel No Pain Special Rule.
• Drone Controller [10p]– As per Tau Codex.
• Vectored Jump Jets [15p] – Exchanges her type from Infantry to Jump Infantry, and also gives her the Hit And Run special Rule.
• Daikatana [25p] – This is a two-handed power weapon that conveys +2S and rolls 2D6 against vehicles armor, however, his weapon strike as I1.
• The Greater Goods [20p] – This is a pair of claws similar to space marine lightning claws. The claws are crisscrossed with plasma conducting wire that discharges a strong plasma current on impact, though it need some time to charge up after the initial hit. These claws have the following: +1A (for two weapons), +2I and treats the first two hits in any close combat as S7 AP2 (meaning the first time she strikes in any CC it’s pretty much a plasma shot going off in the opponents face).