Grand Alliance Destruction
The Greenies are back! Sure, they might've been given a new and copyright-friendly name, but the Boyz are back as a complete army nonetheless. The Orruks are still the endless green tide they were from the old world, and still have their football-hooligan voices.
Not all Orruks are willing to follow Gordrakk’s Big Waaagh! Oh sure, they’ll still support him if they cross paths, but most other Orruks will usually stick to their own traditions and tribes, collectively known as Warclans.
- Ironsunz: The biggest and most recognized of Ironjawz Warclans, infamous for their garish yellow armor and surprising level of cunning. While this clan has existed since the Age of Myth, they really didn’t gain their current notoriety until the arrival of Grand Overboss Dakkbad Grotkicker. Now Dakkbad had a revelation early in his life; by actively avoiding getting shot and stabbed, he can smash and crush back even harder. Expectedly, this was a controversial opinion among his fellow Orruks. Such qualms were silenced after the ambitious Brute used this intellect to survive the ear-drum shattering roar of a Maw-Crusha that previously offed his former boss. Now Dakkbad leads the Ironsunz as a cult of personality, where every Orruk in it aspires to be just as cunnin’ as he is. Interestingly, he loathes Gordrakk (likely due to Gordrakk’s god-given rise to power contrasting with Dakkbad’s long and arduous climb to leadership) and aspires to reign control the Big Waaagh! from the Fist of Gork.
- Bloodtoofs: It’s the Wacky Races in the Mortal Realms! These red rough riders have an obsession for throwing themselves into realmgates at high speeds, and then repeating the process over and over. They barrel through cities and fortresses without a care in the world other than where’s the next realmgate. They also have a fierce rivalry with the Ironsunz, after Dakkbad Grotkicker killed their reigning Warboss.
- Da Choppas: The blue boys of Da Choppas focus on desecration rather than destruction. Like a rowdy gang of delinquents, they leave enemy strongholds standing, but completely graffitied and defiled with greenskin “art.” Their most infamous raid saw them defile an Everchosen Dreadhold and replace the head of an Archaon statue with a grot’s head. A subsequent raid of the fort completely destroyed it as they were supported by the Boulderhead Mawtribe. They’re led by an enterprising Weirdnob Shaman who carries the skull of the previous Megaboss on his staff, claiming to speak to his boss from “da great beyond”.
- Fang-krushas: Swaggering blowhards who follow the Fist of Gork, claiming to be his favorite mob of Orruks.
- Kryptboyz: A Warclan native to Shyish, this horde of Greenskins takes particular pleasure in tearing down the necropoli of the Ossiarch Bonereapers and wearing their looted bones as trophies. Their color scheme is identical to the Black Orcs of Fantasy Battle.
- Bonegrinz: The largest of the Bonesplitterz Warclans, this rambunctious horde of beast hunters was started by Gurkak Weirdteef, a Wurrgog Prophet whose teeth “speak” to him, telling him all sorts of secrets and knowledge about the things he eats. This unique insight he possesses allowed his Warclan to become surprisingly innovative in how they conduct their hunts. Orruks of the Bonegrinz warclan will use arrow heads and choppas carved from the amber realmstone of Ghur, which drives any stabbed by it to fly into a feral charge...perfect for the Orruk hunters to run them down. Additionally, each Rukk in the Warclan devotes themselves to a particular type of beast and seek to emulate its strengths by donning it’s bones and hide and using tattoos in tribal depictions of said beast.
- Drakkfoot: These guys are called weird by the other Bonesplitterz, so that alone makes them unique. These Orruks are defined by pure vitriolic RAGE, a hate for all that does not venerate Gorkamorka in the same dogmatic fashion that they do. Their most hated enemies though are daemons and Nighthaunt: 1) because neither entity produces bones for the Drakkfoot to collect and 2) their original home of the Ashland Gorelakes in Aqshy was devastated by both parties. Their loathing has turned the Drakkfoot into hateful specialists of fighting daemonic and ethereal forces, from performing ritualistic dances to destabilize a daemon’s connection to the physical plain to bloody tattoos to deflect spiritual magic.
- Icebone: Originating from the glaciers of the Skyblind Tundras in Ghur, these icy Orruks have a religious obsession with boars, seeing them as the ultimate symbol of Gorkamorka’s power. This stems from their belief in a god beast called Shattatusk, a snow white boar that Gorkamorka ‘supposedly’ fought in the Age of Myth. The fragments of its tusks fell down into the Realm of Beasts and became the glaciers that the Icebone Orruks call home. They chip away at the glaciers to create enchanted ice weapons that can never melt and freeze the insides of those they cut. The Icebone has spread surprisingly far across the Mortal Realms by following the equally frigid paths of the Beastclaw Raiders and their Everwinter.
|Playable Factions in Warhammer: Age of Sigmar|