Osprey games is a department of Osprey Publishing which makes historical, science fiction and fantasy games. They tend to focus on narrative games -- usually either setting-neutral, or tied to a specific genre instead of licensing a particular intellectual property. They also do publishing and distribution contracts for several indie designers.
War Game Catalogue
- Dux Bellorum -
- A World Aflame -
- Heroes, Villains and Fiends -
- In Her Majesty's Name -
- Sleeping Dragon, Rising Sun -
- En Garde! - 16th through 18th Century swashbuckling Skirmish game. Focuses on sword fighting with a small amount of pistols.
- Ronin - Dice-pool based skirmish samurai game. Leans historical. Forces are 5-15 models, usually a minor noble and his retinue or a small sohei/ninja/Yakuza clan. Shares some elements with "En Garde!".
- Of Gods and Mortals -
- A Fistful of Kung Fu - Wargame in the Hong Kong action flick genre. Yakuza, Police, Cyborgs, and Demons.
- On the Seven Seas - Age of Piracy game focusing on boarding actions of ships and treasure hunting adventures on land.
- Lion Rampant - Historical Medieval wargame with an extremely divisive activation mechanic.
- Dragon Rampant - High Fantasy army scale wargame, based on Lion Rampant.
- Fighting Sail -
- Black Ops - Action-Thriller genre skimish game akin to James Bond and Jason Borne.
- Honours of War -
- Poseidon's Warriors (06/16) -
- Broken Legions (08/16) -
- The Men Who Would Be Kings (09/16) - Mid to Late 19th Century game.
- Frostgrave - Skirmish between bands of looters in a frozen lost city, each led by a wizard and its apprentice. Second edition due in August of 2020.
- Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago - Same as above but between a Captain (Superhero) and a Warden (crappy wizard) and their crew in islands seeking magical treasures a-la "Pirates of the Carribean."
- Oathmark - Company-scale rank-and-flank fantasy game by the author of Frostgrave. Uses a Heroes of Might and Magic-style campaign system, where you pick territories for your kingdom that let you bring a mix of units into combat.
- Gaslands - Hack up Hot Wheels and slam them together in a deathrace. Spiritual successor to Dark Future and Car Wars. Second edition, "Refuelled" is out.
- Rogue Stars (10/16) - Setting-neutral science fiction skirmish game.
- Chosen Men (11/16) -
- Zona Alfa - A hilariously broken STALKER-like narrative game. Skirmish-level, might as well be pointsless, requires some moderate houseruling.
- Reality's Edge - Cyberpunk skirmish wargame by the author of This is Not a Test. Similar engine with a bunch of added rules.
- Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse - Post-apoc skirmisher. Notable for its focus on surviving zombie attacks in-between skirmishes and keeping your team supplied and fed, not just shooting everything that moves.