Quest talk:Ruby Quest/Theories
Can we mercilessly mock the RAILROAD troll here?22.214.171.124 07:19, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
Well, I have two suggestions. First, damn, if you dismiss a theory, write an explanation at least! Second, I could make a template for theories with fields like Name, Essence, Current status, Pro, Contra. Fatum 09:35, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, that makes a lot of sense. Gonna write in reasons for debunk on all the theories now. And, a template would be a brilliant idea. User:Gnome7 13:03, 7 January 2009
Y'know, Weaver allegedly debunked the shapeshifter theory on IRC. I already moved it there but then it got moved back on the grounds of a different quote. But it is debunked, I'm pretty sure of it. 126.96.36.199 14:38, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- I was the one who moved it back, as Weaver has been rather ambiguous about it. I've seen no quotes from him explicitly denying or confirming the theory, and he has confirmed that at least "one individual" has appeared with more than one "distinct appearance," so I think PLAUSIBLE or at least UNLIKELY is fair for this theory. Feel free to move it back to DEBUNKED if you have any evidence I haven't seen (though me may want to just hold off on it until we get some solid information on #6). Solarion 18:20, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
I've done some significant overhauling to this page, especially the Grand Theories section, as it was very outdated. I also added the LIKELY and UNLIKELY categories after discussing it with others on IRC and added them to some of the existing entries in a totally subjective way, so feel free to revert any entries if you disagree with my changes. I think the length of this page is probably somewhat off-putting to any new users, so I am going to go ahead and consolidate some of the character theories. I've already tried to standardize the entries, and may further standardize them if I can find that template that somebody (Gnome?) made a while ago. Please let me know here if there are any objections to my larger edits. Solarion 18:58, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- The template in question is Template:Theory, and Fatum made it. Also I for one welcome our new overhauling overlords.
- The template looks very nice, but upon experimentation: A) It will take up a lot of space, B) It will take a lot of time to reformat the entire page into this format, and C) A lot of the "Plausible" theories are based more on interpretation and guesswork than Pro and Con evidence, so wouldn't fit the format very well. I may still try converting it later, but if someone else wants to take a shot first, feel free. Solarion 00:18, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Chatquotes ARE NOT evidence. No one said Weaver had to tell the truth about everything. Vekter 23:24, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Sure they are! They just aren't very GOOD evidence. :3 Solarion 23:34, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- No they're not. Weaver is obviously joking. We need an all new category, called CANON RIDICULOUS, just for them. 188.8.131.52 07:37, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
I've noticed that the numbers from the book of revelations are used in the chatquotes, personally I have the feeling weaver's fucking with us, & our tom's alright... I hope. 184.108.40.206 04:36, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Ace is Ruby's Secret Lover
Since Filbert was speaking to Ruby, and referred to a HER instead of You. I believe he was likely referring to Bella, since she is referred to in several notes as "she" and stated that she makes Ace continually upgrade and add to the Glen's security.
Trouble Ruby Caused
Under "science disaster" we have "The facility may have been largely out of control when Ruby awoke, but Weaver has hinted that Ruby may have done something shortly after waking up that triggered additional trouble." She unwittingly gave the chief diagnostician the last parts he needed to build a huge bomb with which to vaporize his corpse and wreck lots of stuff. If that's not the only thing she caused that's got to at least be a real big part of it.
Theories about Dr. S/ "Sven"
Under the Animal Crossing trend, the characters are not adherent to most of their counterparts' characteristics--besides species, of course. So, it is unlikely that Dr. S is Dr. Shrunk and more likely that he was in fact Sven and the owner of the large goat head found in the cabinet.
Also, it might be possible that Red was the one who had murdered him and locked his head in the cabinet, as the cafeteria was right outside of his room. Dr. S had begun to get in Red's way when he filed the complaint/ note as seen by Ruby.