A lure into playing W40K?
Should we state that Ciaphas Cain books are probably one of the best ways to get into warhammer 40k as a starter?
- No. Because they are full of anti-fluff BL shit. Fatum 16:50, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Awwww, why so bad. Also, what do you mean by BL? (Note: most of /tg/ got into warhammer by reading Hero of the Imperium)
I love you
To be honest, the Dawn of War franchise is a more entertaining and immersive way to get someone interested in 40k. I've never heard of anyone getting in by reading Ciaphas Cain, ever. Remoon101 20:39, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- I would have to say that today Dawn of War and the Horus heresy series are the typical entry points into w40k
- It did for me! I had little genuine interest in Warhammer 40K until my local book store convinced me to read a Ciaphas Cain omnibus when I mentioned I was considering playing X-Wing TTG as a Star Wars fan. One year later and I've spent almost $12G on the fluff and crunch with playing Warhammer 40K: Space Marine sealing the deal shortly after finishing the omnibus. :D
- Doesn't need to be in the article though as it is more of a skub/fan-wank thing. Everyone has a different thing that flamed their interest in W40K after all. -- TheDesertRunner (talk) 12:06, 5 October 2017 (UTC)
http://2ch.so/po/src/1323285463063.jpg Add this pic anyone
That man is too glorious to be a mere commissar. I would sooner believe he is Master of the Administratum.
What's An Iterator?
What's An Iterator?
During the Great Crusade They were highly trained and very charismatic speakers whose purpose was to essentially convince the populations of recently discovered planets to accept the Imperial truth. You can basically think of them as propaganda mouthpieces for the Imperium helping to bring about compliance peacefully when possible as an alternative to outright invasion.
You know from back in the day before the Imperium became such a shitty place to liv- IF YOU DON'T LIKE LIVING THAN DON'T *click* *BLAM!* FUCKING HERETIC
- I'd describe it more as they were missionaries during the great crusade that traveled with the military, except instead of convincing people to join their religion, they are convincing populations to be atheist.--Emerald Claw (talk) 07:28, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
Remove "Female Commissiars"
I certainly don't think that this paragraph deserves to exist on the page, it is pretty much pointless, can we agree on removing it?
- Alright this is blatantly wrong now. It is rare for mix sex regiments to be present. It is stated as much in numerous places. In the codex stormtroopers it states that most female schola students end up in the sisters although they do make up many places in the ranks of officers along with commissars.Dragoon508 (talk) 23:26, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
Has Commissar Hark surpassed Commissar Holt in terms of bitch-slapping ?
Just wondering if Commissar Hark from the Gaunts Ghosts series has surpassed Commissar Holt in terms of epic bitch-slapping. In the book Only In Death there is a scene where Hark is reprimanding Junior Commissar Ludd and bitch slaps him not once... not twice... but 4 separate times during the lecture.