To whoever moved that last picture: Fuck you, you're awesome. FatGit 00:56, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Glad to be of service.--Dadamh 17:38, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Should we make this page NFSW? I mean, look at all the very revealing pics in the gallery.Munch munch 19:15, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
Savlar Chem Dogs
IMO, More based on Australian WW1/2 soldiers than Vietnam Tunnel Rats. Especially the looting dead allies.
Could somebody please do the research and post in the article for how large a imperial regiment and task force is?
- The problem with that is just like the guard itself there is no true regiment size for every imperial guard force. A unit of 300 could be considered a regiment for one world but just be a company for another. Armoured regiments make this even more muddled as an armored regiment could just be 30 tanks. There are regiments with 20k people in them for instance but that is on the extreme side. So in short there is no definable answer for this question.Dragoon508 (talk) 05:51, 24 February 2016 (UTC)
Where the hell did those population numbers come from? Original text:
"Human life is so worthless in the Imperium because there are so many of them, a bit of maths, say 100,000 of the million worlds in the imperium is a hive world (probably more than this but we work on minimums) on average there are at least 30 billion humans on each one (again a minimum), so on hive worlds alone that's 3 quadrillion humans (a.k.a. 3,000,000,000,000,000 or 3 million billion...yeah...)"
Only four hives on Lexicanum are listed as having populations. The average of those four is 200 billion (120 billion, 500 billion, 154 billion, and 25 billion. A pretty decent spread.). There are ~32,380 hive worlds in the Imperium (FAR less than the claimed 100,000). This is (once again, using that 200 billion average) 6.476E15 (6,476,000,000,000,000,000 or 6.476 quintillion or 6.476 billion billion) people on Hive worlds ALONE. I'm not saying it wasn't a fine idea to show how unimportant people are, but if you claim to use maths, at least use proper maths and not made up "minimums". I shall change the article to reflect this. (As a clarification, I used Short Scale to maths this all out, since I am from Ameriker.) CrazyThang 21:44, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
Yanked this section because it was basically "herp derp not canon." "Actually it is canon." Tim 11:02, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- Speaking of them, I've been busy and haven't had a chance to check. Did Games Workshop make any new female guardsmen models for 6th edition or do they plan to in the future?
- Nope. There's also no rumours of them, either, which is a shame, because between Lieutenant Mira and Only War we have plenty of fodder for awesome Guardswomen. (It would also give them an excuse to redo the terrible Cadian models, which is a bonus.) Dok (talk) 05:53, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Not even any female guardsmen in the artwork for the codex. They even got rid of the few non-white people in the book and didn't put more in, but that's another issue.
With the danger of content deleting on youtube, I say that we should keep an eye on links and check them regularly, fixing when content gets deleted.
- On another note, it is worth mentioning that we should use Hell March in some way. Maybe on Valhallan. Official soviet anthem sucks. Even revolutionary songs were way much better.
Cadian Edit War
Can we settle the American/Canadian edit war over Cadia once and for all? I mean, on the one hand, Cadians resemble Canadians in their name, function as exemplary and disproportionately effective shock troops (in World War One), and their unrelenting blandness. On the other hand, they're a hypermilitant state of gun-loving religious nuts, so 'Merca. Should we just say that they're just a generic, "modern" Anglophone/Western style army and leave it at that?
- The Cadians are to the Imperial Guard what Ultramarines are to the Space Marines (minus the character shilling and Spiritual Liege nonsense); the Jack-Of-All-Trades, master of none Joe Everyman regiment.
I moved the Zapp Brannigan quote down to Play Style since it seemed a more appropriate place for it.
Can we please have translations for the foreign language stuff (e.g. ЗА РОДИНУ! ЗА ТОВАРИЩА ИМПЕРАТОРА! НИ ШАГУ НАЗАД)
In case it pops up, since lesser things have triggered worse shitstorms, (re:) soviet vs. german production debates: 
- Sure, but this is raw resource production. Look up tanks ( vs ), aircraft (), mortars/rifles/machine guns/submachine guns ( vs ), not even talking about artillery production (). Having resources is cool and all, but they are useless without factories and workers. If someone genuinely believe wars can be won by feeding MOAR MEN to the grinder Chenkov style, they really should pick up some books about how war works. --Flutist (talk) 20:58, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
- Go digging through the chain, you'll find someone posted more or less what you did, with figures to back it up. Someone else points out that a lot of Russian builds at competing times were of obsolete variants, and useless on the battlefield, which is countered by someone else pointing out it's still war material, and so on. My intent was to reduce pointless non-/tg skubbiness, hence why I removed the original line. -2001:56A:F107:D500:6991:15B6:3B5B:2EA6 21:21, 7 December 2017 (UTC)