Story talk:Love Can Bloom
- 1 2008
- 2 2010
- 2.1 Nurse-kun
- 2.2 Grammar
- 2.3 Untermenschen?
- 2.4 This story sucks
- 2.5 2011
- 2.6 2012
- 2.7 2014
- 2.8 Canon Pic?
- 2.9 An ending, Finally
- 2.10 I thought I'd attempt an ending of sorts: A final beacon everbright. Feedback is very welcome
- 2.11 Completed story?
- 2.12 Why is it here and not elsewhere on the site?
Ffffff. Does anyone still have Love Bloomed In Her Mouth? That was awesome. --Carcer 02:01, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Looks like Google can't find it, and Wikichan is slightly dead. I'll keep looking around, but I promise nothing. - Ahri 02:05, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Oh Christ, can anyone add breaks into chapters or something? I'm loath to edit someone else's article, especially when it might be in flux, but use = = == == etc. for headers. It should automatically add a jump-to-section bit at the top after you have enough of them. See below for an example. - Lord Licorice 08:13, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Porblem is whoever posted this up hasn't left any real indication as to when the chapter breaks are meant to be, so any such attempt would be nothing more than guesswork on my part. --Carcer 08:16, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Got no idea. I C+V'd from the suptg thread. BloodyWanker 09:12, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, this article's problem isn't needing pictures. It needs to be broken up into separate chapters on separate pages like it used to be. If someone can remember roughly where all the breaks are then they can do it themselves and put the chapter pages as Love Can Bloom/Chapter 1 etc. and reserve the main page for a general description and gallery, otherwise if nobody's done so within a couple of days or something I'm just going to hack it apart myself and call it a new chapter every time there's a major scene transition.
- I'll upload the rest of the pictures and stick them in the gallery for now.--Carcer 21:29, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Is this good then? Also, holy stonking dicks, this is the third most read article after the main page and the categories page. Is that all? :( --22.214.171.124 02:26, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Alright, does anyone have Chapter 5?
- Wait there's a CH5? Why don't we just ask if anyone on /tg/ actually has it?
There is this thing over at web.archive, but I can't find it... I had it before, but it seems to be gone now.
Here we go, I finally managed to find it http://web.archive.org/web/20071115231849/http://www.wikichan.org/index.php/Love_Can_Bloom#Chapter_X All is there, except chapter 9, I think.
cant we have shorten version? this is tl;dr x 5Gesmana 13:05, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Assassin falls in love with a farseer, love blooms, but then withers, stamped out by the cold steel boots of Imperium. Fatum 04:54, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
The story is still in progress yes? Can anyone point out when the next update --if at all-- will be? - Hueqort
So, are those 10 minus one chapters everything now?
>implying that anybody implied that he did
Gesmana 16:03, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
untermensch is singular.
untermenschen is plural.
Get it right, you filthy untermenschen.
but what if it was referring to that one Eldar and not the whole Eldar race?
Then shouldn't it have been 'Eldar untermensch'?
This story sucks
And is also heretical.
- No shit Sherlock
LIIVI isn't proper roman. If you want 76 that would be LXXVI. LIIVI would be 50+2+6 or maybe 52.6.
must find rest lol
High Gothic is not Latin, but a bastardisation. It doesn't use the same numerals. Biggus Berrus 08:45, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
there needs to be more anyone know
Wesa gonna die! (:D) (Sorry everyone, the diphthong tried to troll on my Pad.)
maybe we should add the awesome tag to this?
Where is the rest?
who the hell made those two drawings with the krieger and the farseer?
Added a crappy ending paraphrase based on a summary I gave in (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/1392594/). I always figured someone else would do a better job than I could. Hope this gives some closure. -Dagda
Funny story- I recently got in touch with Bloomwriter himeslf via a mutual acquaintance, and he confirmed that what Dagda said earlier was correct- however, he also said he was himself dissatisfied with the ending and could understand why nobody wanted to save it themselves. (I'll be frank here- he was genuinely surprised anyone still liked it at all.) Having swapped a few ideas regarding the plot and characters, me and him have decided to begin rewriting the whole story from the bottom up in the hopes of aligning it closer to the canon while also addressing other quality-related concerns (both his own and those of others).
This is either the best or the worst idea either one of us has ever had. Only one way to find out which one it is, I suppose- I'll come back whenever anything comes of it. --Newerfag (talk) 03:25, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
Where did the "Canon Pic" come from? The Rulebook for Dark Heresy?
An ending, Finally
A new Writefag "I am become namefag, destroyer of threads", just showed up today and put decided to finally finish the ending for Love Can Bloom, under the full support of /tg/. We need to archive this on the wiki for future readers. Evilexecutive (talk) 16:27, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- I'm tempted to ask Bloomwriter about his thoughts on it, but it's been ages since he last returned my emails. Maybe this might get him inspired to re-starting that remake of it we were putting together, it's been sitting on a Google doc untouched for at least a year now. Might as well give it a shot anyway, I guess. --Newerfag (talk) 18:39, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- And finished looking through it. Good god, has that man even come close to a spell checker? I'll give him that he has more courage than me to put his head on the chopping block so, but I can't say he actually emulates the original writing style.
- Which brings me to this part. As much as I loathe tooting my own horn, I wish to know how viable it would be to announce LCB 2.0 in earnest of and when it is completed. For those of you who wish to see what was made of it, the link is below. I'm going to really need the feedback if this thing is going to be done in an even remotely reasonable amount of time, so suggest as you will. --Newerfag (talk) 04:41, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Quick update on how things are going. Work is going well enough, though it's proving to be long. Last I checked, it was nearing 80 pages and just keeps growing. (Link that was here is removed due to it being a heavily outdated version that no longer represents what it's currently looking like now.) ETA at this point is somewhere along the lines of "fuck knows", but no use rushing it, right?--Newerfag (talk) 03:32, 5 September 2016 (UTC)
- I've decided to throw my hat into the ring with a rewrite of LCB. Believe it or not, I didn't realize that others were also working on an ending. I shouldn't be surprised. I could elaborate on what I've done but this doesn't seem like the place for it. I'm shocked to learn that we still had contact with Bloomwriter. There are some questions I'd like to ask him. Is he still open to talking with people? Or, Newerfag, if you have talked with him extensively, could I direct them to you? Is there a place you would prefer? ARogueTrader (talk) 00:22, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
I thought I'd attempt an ending of sorts: A final beacon everbright. Feedback is very welcome
It reads kind of strange and in an extreme-stream of conciousness style because I wanted to capture the hyper-associative/poetic mind of an Eldar constantly leaping between metaphors and images. It's set several hundred years in the future of the official 40k timeline, and Tyranids are well into the process of consuming the galaxy. If you don't like it ignore me, I only wrote it to gain a sense of catharsis from the story. If you do like it, or you see potential in it, edit it mercilessly and redistribute it, just like it says in the licence.
A final beacon everbright
The Communication of the dead is tongued with fire beyond the language of the living
-T.S Eliot, Little Gidding
Five hundred and thirty four years since the death of LIIVI, Taldeer stood on a doomed craftworld and raised high a sword bright in runes and bubbling in alien blood. Hive fleet Azrael moved all around her, now here in flesh and not just scanners. As much as a third of the galaxy’s biomass already devoured, her people’s only uncertain future to hide in the warp till these creatures passed to another galaxy… a craft-world that had lingered too long… a doomed rearguard here to protect civilians probably doomed anyway.
Facing death, Taldeer instinctively felt for her soul-stone. Except… there was no way it was getting off the craftworld. She would die, and her soul would die- stone broken. If she was very lucky the disruptive shadow in the warp created by the Tyranids would prevent The Great Adversary from claiming her soul. More likely her spirit would become the plaything of the ultimate sadist, and given her previous struggles against She-Who-Thirsts might be given special attention.
But somehow all she could think about was that the last remaining wyrdlaik hawks in the galaxy lived in a biodome on this craftworld- their song never to move another heart except in memory. Somehow this seemed more distressing than her impending spiritual annihilation- but how could one say whether the extinction of a song or a soul forever was a greater tragedy? Is there a warehouse where tragedies are weighed one against another?
A brood of gene-stealers approached now. Perhaps in her youth, flushed with rage and the poetry of fate-skeins she might have killed all twenty- but now, filled with the powers of age not youth, a colder alternative presented itself.
After all, she thought, Life, battle and theatrical gestures were never distinct for you- she really should have been a Harlequin.
There was no point in her final act- raising her soulstone high above her head she cried ‘I join you now in nothingness.’ Not even theatre, for there was no audience but the blank gazes of mindless space insects.
But some actions don’t need a point, some actions are of themselves the point.
Her soul-stone still hung in the air as the claw sliced her neck, in the next instant her spirit exploded outwards, obliterating rank after rank of an unknowing enemy.
And though it may be vastly improbable, can we say with any certainty that she did not find him somewhere or when?
- It's been assumed to be canon for awhile, but.. It's unfinished. Iambecomewritefag intended on making one last chapter for this part of the story, where LIVII and Taldeer end up getting seperated. The idea was that the two of them couldn't get off the planet safely together at the spaceport. Someone had to temporarily disable the orbital defenses so that the other could get offworld. Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 04:09, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
- Three whole strike-teams; one from each of the currently remaining factions on Arkhona, are currently fighting over said spaceport. Their teams are constantly moving around, so stealth is a necessity. LIVII could ensure taldeer gets offworld, but there's no guarantee he could do it safely. But he succeeds, and his fate is left unknown.(Although canonically, readers will already know that LIVII eventually survives). Eventually Taldeer has to get a kill-team together to go back for LIVII, once she decides that she genuinely loves him.Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 04:09, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
- And while I'm still working on the old thing that I originally started making with Bloomwriter, a combination of real life and other stuff I'm writing that isn't worth talking about here has made the proccess of recreating it extremely slow. When (or if) I get it finished, I'll let you know. --Newerfag (talk) 18:46, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
- I've been tempted for awhile to write my own attempt at the final escape from the Spaceport, seeing as how Bloomwriter vanished(While still leaving his ideas for how it goes). I'm more of a "Fighty, narrative" writer though. My best work isn't done with characterization, but with combat scenes. So I would have played up two seperate fights with the characters as the bulk of it. So here's my idea of how it would go:
- In one half of it, Taldeer makes her way to an Arvus that would take her offworld, but gets intercepted by a Blood Ravens librarian. She would end up in a psychic duel with him, as he gives a monologue in between actions about how he knew where she was the whole time. He would play up some kind of feigned betrayal from LIVII to get her worked up, by claiming that he has the access keys to LIVII's spymask(which he actually does, hence how he intercepts her).
- In the other half of the chapter, LIVII is making his way up a control tower, which has an ongoing fight in it between blood ravens controlling it, and a cadre of tau that want to take it. The whole time during it, LIVII can hear the fight between Taldeer and the Librarian through his spymask, but it fills him with determination! As he takes the control center of the tower, he gets badly wounded by a mass-reactive from a blood ravens techmarine. LIVII decides that he should try and save taldeer, so he climbs up onto a parapet of the tower roof and takes aim down to the launch bays. Where Taldeer at that point is having the life choked out of her by the librarian, LIVII would intervene and save her with a well placed shot.
- I've just tried out doing some writing on my user writespace. It's been a few years since I last did any narrative writing, so I'm pretty damn rusty. But I think it went fairly well. I'm hoping to finish it up eventually, and go on /tg/ for some criticism. But for now I need to obtain an editor. Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 04:57, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
Why is it here and not elsewhere on the site?
Seeing as it has nothing to do with the actual LCB, it feels pretty disingenuous to put the "completion" and "epilogue" on the same page as the real deal. Does his effort deserve a space on 1d4chan? I don't personally think so, but I'd say I'd it was here it ought to have its own page instead if piggybacking off of this one to make itself seem more "legit" or "official".
After all, Whips, Oil, & Lofn has its own page and it'd just as much a continuation of LCB as the new stuff on this page.
- Being in the 'new chapter writespace' section, rather than in the story section itself, it is hardly 'official'. For that matter, the chapter 11 part (in the story section) isn't exactly the 'real deal', being written by someone completely different than the original author.
- Also, "Whips, Oil, & Lofn" is placed in the same 'universe' as Love Can Bloom, but is not a continuation of the original story. That is to say, it is a spinoff, not part of the Love Can Bloom story itself, which the "completion" is.
- How is it not a continuation of the story? Timeskips are a common narrative device. Regardless, this "completion" is just as much of a separate entity as WO&L and should be treated as such.
- Perhaps a wiki moderator/etc. should be contacted and asked about it?
- Honestly there really isn't a precedent for having people continue old stories on their own. I do support it, but for now I believe that the best course of action would be to have each person's additions and attempts in a clearly Signatured(Use 4x~ to do this), Collapsible Text Box. For now all of the various attempts aren't really complete, so I don't feel like they all warrant their own dedicated page Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 01:48, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- I don't really want to claim I'm a moderator, but that's pretty much all I ever seem to do on this wiki nowadays. The actual moderator is AssistantWikiFag, while the admin is WikiFag. His only job is really just to keep spam off of the wiki. The rest of the "Moderation" is done by the community, so it's just up to me, Newerfag, and Triacom to do the bulk of moderation. We just fix errors, remove strikethrus, cleanup articles, and flag problems for the actual moderator.Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 01:48, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- It's not so much the ire of 1d4chan. Me and many of the other editors support your efforts. It's the job of the wiki to categorize and document all of /tg/'s creations and culture. As far as I'm concerned, all content made for the LCB storyline is welcome on the wiki. I'm just suggesting that you signature your work for the sake of my sanity. I have a hard time enough looking at the page and realizing that 5 different sections actually belong to 5 different people. Unlike the majority of stuff on this wiki, the work of writers actually belong to those writers, it's not our place to delete it.Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 02:00, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- I would just be worried about pleasing /tg/. Just be sure to accept criticism from the community, and strive to do the story good justice. Remember, Love Can Bloom is about the noblebright lining of 40k. It must eventually reach a happy ending. Evil Executive, CEO of Evil Incorporated (talk) 02:00, 9 May 2016 (UTC)