Talk:Titan (Warhammer 40,000)
Ok who is the Eldar hater and its called Holo-fields dumbass
- It's called a joke. And "being fifty metres to the left" is not the Eldar design philsophy. Neither is "jumping about, fucking your shit up or being in some way psychic," though that's an excellent description of the Tyranid design philosophy at 40K scale. Maybe you should learn to read an entire sentence before trying to change it. Tim 16:41, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
Revenant: Jump packs ,Phantom: Said holo-fields ,Warlock: psychic thanks to the souls of warlocks and farseers that powers it in short, read the eldar fluff btw no jump packs or similar for tyranids, they run or fly.
- Dude, read the sentence. None of those things are the Eldar design philosophy, they're just things the specific Titans do. The Eldar "look" is spindly, organic and elegant; or, if you're being crude, "gay." Tim 17:28, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
Question why does it say it was taken from Evangelion, the fluff for the Codex Titanicus was released in the late 1980s, Evangelion came out in '95...
- I bet it's because whoever wrote that saw Eva before learning about 40K. Anyway, it's gone (though you could have just taken it out yourself rather than talking about fixing a factual error).
- Also, it's good practice to sign your talk-page posts with your username (or IP address), time, and date by putting "~~~~" on the end. I put "--" in front to offset it from the rest of my post, but that's up to you. --Not LongPoster Again (talk) 13:49, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
Sorry about that; I mis-clicked. --AssistantWikifag 21:18, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
I've linked the SXV-141 created by Chapter House in the Tau section of this article and I'm wondering if I should explain why the "Spider Tank" design is superior to the humanoid shapes of the other Titans in the 40k universe? ilniaj
- It's more akin to anti-titan platform like Tiger Shark or Shadowsword. Still more reasonable and tauish/darkeldarish than titan sized Power Ranger mecha.
There's a Tau Titan now. We're gonna get raped... User: Zombiecreeper
- With such attitude to fluff we can expect dark eldar titans. Especialy with dank lances no more effective against titans.
- Also justifications for titans is bad: they don't have ship-grade armor, for their price you can afford shitton of wyverns and basilisks.
The Apocalypse Class is a real Titan mentioned twice in two separate Horus heresy books. I provide the quotes and page numbers as proof.
In particular, the Legio Mortis was known to possess a strong contingent of the most powerful classes of Titan: the Imperator, Nemesis and at least one Apocalypse Pattern god-engine. Betrayal, p139
There were many other classes besides, notably the ancient Reaver and several Warlord variants such as the Nemesis and Nightgaunt and other, rarer chassis whose designs such as the Apocalypse, Carnivore and Komodo were unique. Tempest, p258