I'm not sold on the first row; not all of the chapters in it adhere to the Codex Astartes, and it doesn't really fit the pattern of being about the actual Space Marine units. --Not LongPoster Again 15:40, 9 October 2012 (BST)
Yeah, fair enough. I was going for it being a mirror of the Chaos Space Marines one, but the Space Marines have their own Chapters template, so it's fine if you want to take it off. --Soundifex 17:43, 9 October 2012 (BST)
- Now that you say that, I'm having trouble deciding what to do -- well, the Black Templars are off, since they are neither First Founding nor Codex-compliant. I'm also having trouble deciding how to include a link to the Codex Astartes article. --Not LongPoster Again 20:01, 9 October 2012 (BST)
- You could replace "Forces of the Adeptus Astartes" with "Space Marine organization as per Codex"; you should remove the Chapters though.
- Also: I meant this template to refer to Codex: Space Marines rather than the Codex Astartes - maybe we should add a row for unique Blood Angels, etc. units, or should they have their own templates?--Soundifex 11:34, 10 October 2012 (BST)
- The entries in the template are currently arranged in alphabetical order. While it makes sense, it's more intuitive to list them in descending order of prominence or importance (i.e. Command: Chapter Master, etc. etc. & Troops: Tactical Squad, Assault Squad, etc. etc.). --Dr. Thompson 05:46, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
- If I had made the template, I might have arranged the units by "unit type" (HQ, Elites, Troops, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, Apocalypse), though that would make the HQ section tremendously large compared to the others. As it stands, we could use that ordering within each section as a rough way to measure "priority."
- Also, what about non-Codex units, like the Deathwing and Ravenwing? I suppose we could tack a "Dark Angels" or "Unique Units" or "Non-Codex Units" row onto the bottom -- on the one hand, giving the Dark Angels their own row seems like overdoing it, but on the other hand, I don't think they are the only chapter that has unique units that aren't just renames of Codex units (Grey Knights also come to mind). --Not LongPoster Again 16:17, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
- Replying to myself: maybe, to allow the inclusion of non-Codex Astartes units, this template could be renamed Template:Marines-Forces (which can generalize to Necrons-Forces, Chaos-Forces, and so on). Marines-Ravens could be renamed to Marines-Characters (for the same reason), and then Marines-Official to Marines-Chapters, or possibly Marines-Official-Chapters, to make it clear that it's a template of Chapters. --Not LongPoster Again 18:50, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
- I think that that would be appropriate, with the Dangles, Bangles, etc. each getting their own row? --Soundifex 21:42, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
Images on the sides
I know that this is a thing that I started with the Tyranids page, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. Especially with wide images like the ones for this template, it just makes the thing too damn wide. So I've decide to give this a shot: move the images to the header and make them a lot smaller. What are your guys' thoughts?
- How about we just put the images in the center to give it a more 'introductory look'. Cause I don't really like the white background from the image contrasting the color templates. Here is an Example on what I mean. Granted it is not as center as I would like it to be. Derpysaurus
- That's much better. I still prefer the image we have though. Black and white images is a bit dull IMO. Unless of course, we find an equivalent with some colour. I will go on and fix up the rest of the templates. Derpysaurus
That looks decent. But I am not sure as it will look quite awkward on the Ork, Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar and etc templates. Derpysaurus
- Let's see...
|Forces ov da Orks|
| 'eroes an'
|The Beast - Boss Snikrot - Boss Zagstruk - Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka |
Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter - Kaptin Bluddflagg - Grimskull - Grukk Face-Rippa
Mad Dok Grotsnik - Makari - Mek Boss Buzgob - Orkamungus - Orkimedes
Stupid - Tuska Daemon-Killa - Wazdakka Gutsmek - Zhadsnark
|Forces of the Eldar|
|Troops:||Aspect Warriors (Dire Avengers - Howling Banshees - Striking Scorpions - Fire Dragons |
Dark Reapers - Shining Spears - Warp Spiders - Shadow Spectres - Crimson Hunter)
Guardians - Paths of the Eldar - Rangers
|Forces of the Dark Eldar|
|Troops:||Beastmaster - Commorragh Slaves - Grotesque |
Hellions - Incubi - Kabalite Warriors - Mandrakes
Medusae - Scourges - Wracks - Wyches
- For the Orks, Tau and the Dark Eldar I feel it works, but for the Eldar it might need some work. Those are a lot smaller and have no spacing between them, as opposed to the others. - Biggus Berrus (talk) 16:41, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hmmm. I am not too sure. It just looks so cluttered and messy. I think it is best to stick to what we have which is that one image for now. Maybe make it a bit smaller then usual. But one image to be safe. Derpysaurus