User:Not LongPoster Again
Yo. I'm Not LongPoster (both in the sense that I am not LongPoster, the poster who wrote the original Knights Inductor story, and that I am the person who posts stories as "Not LongPoster..."). Feel free to leave feedback on my Talk page.
I used to have Not LongPoster as my username, but then I
took an arrow to the lost my password. I eventually got it reset, but not before I had used this account extensively, so if you see anything signed or written by Not LongPoster or Not LongPoster Again, it's me!
Stuff I've Created
Sometimes, an idea grabs me and won't let go until I've run really far with it.
- Help pages, with the exception of Help:Editing. Sure, we could explain the process of moving pages every time a new editor creates a page with the wrong name, or we could drop the link to Help:Move -- much more convenient. It's also convenient to have some slightly simplified explanations of wiki editing capabilities hosted on this wiki, as opposed to making people crawl through Wikipedia's Help articles and Manual of Style.
- Knights Inductor, a chapter inspired by the Reasonable Marines idea. I read An Investigation into the Heresy of the Reasonable Marines, and loved the idea of the Knights, so I wrote a bunch of stuff. Entries marked with (TBR) are To Be Revised.
- Return of the Reasonable Marines, to continue their story (TBR);
- Index Astartes: Knights Inductor, a brief description of who the Knights Inductor are, in the style of similar Games Workshop publications (TBR);
- Apriori Public Service Announcements, to illustrate how the Apriori do things (revised);
- Tales from the Aprior Sector, some short stories set in, well, the Aprior Sector (TBR);
- Aprior Sector Timeline, a timeline of important events in and related to the Aprior Sector (TBR);
- Aprior Sector, an article explaining the places, organizations, people, and technologies in the Aprior Sector (in progress) (TBR);
- More to come! Check out the Aprior Sector Timeline to see what other events I've got in mind.
- My Scratchpad contains ideas that don't really fit into any article yet, like minor setting details that come up in conversation.
- Desert Fangs, inspired by the Angry Marines. I read Lost Primarch Quest, and decided that Rachnus Rageous and the Desert Fangs needed more love, so I wrote:
- Tialoc Ekans, an NPC from the aforementioned quest (in fact, he is the other lost Primarch), also needed more love, so I wrote an article about him, and I'm also working on Index Astartes: Sky Serpents.
Cool Stuff (not created by me)
I made these articles, but didn't create the content -- I just took it upon myself to archive them here. I made redlinks here and then created the articles.
- The Millennial King, an example of a lawful good necromancer done right.
- The Tragedy of Thing-tan, a story about a Thing-like rogue and how she grows as a person. It's surprisingly heartwarming.
- Lamia Daughter Quest, where /tg/ is the lamia child, all grown up and ready for adventure. She started out escorting supplies for money, but then things escalated, and she found herself fighting against a sentient kingdom and its servants to free the minds and souls of the people living in it. It's finished, but now someone's running Lamia Legacy Quest in the same "world".
If you need something to do, you might look at what I intend to do for suggestions.
- Revise what I've written about the Knights Inductor and then (maybe) write some more.
- Write up full articles for the various Alternate Heresies.
- Organize Index Astartes: Obstinate Marines in the same style as other Indices Astartes (the content is presently "organized" as a single block of text).
- Be ever watchful against those who would place spam on this wiki. The Emperor's work is never done. Though the changes to captcha seem to have helped.
Undo Dzinch vandalism.Done! Now let's hope it stays there.
- Categorize uncategorized images and uncategorized pages.
- Create articles: Sky Serpents, Help:Category.
- Make vehicle, unit, weapon, and character templates for the other 40K races.
- Make some articles on classic and mythical monsters (e.g. gorgons).
- Maybe learn about Warhammer Fantasy and whip that section into shape. This will take a while.
- Maybe make a "timeline" template -- maybe a general "sequence/index" template that can be used for lots of things, like story chapters, timeline events, or game editions, with "next" and "previous" navigation links...this one will be a long time coming, if ever.
- Improve articles: Alternate Heresy, Help:Template, Kings of War, Maelstrom, Mantic Games, Necrons, Obliterators, Obstinate Marines, Power Armour, Scout, Valedictors, Warhammer 40k Fluff Bible, Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Wargear, Warpath.
- Link to articles: Campaign setting (also, merge Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Settings into it)
- Populate categories: Imperial Guard