While 1d4chan don't mind images, we still have some standards in how they are formatted. Simply plasting images without taking care on whether these images would come into conflict with the page layout speaks of a lack of proofreading. Putting an image at the end of the page so it would create areas of literal empty spaces speaks of bad editing. Fucking up a gallery by inserting a filed image within one of the gallery's thumbnails reeks of incompetence. I will give you a heads up if it weren't for the fact that these images you uploaded were source related, I would have seriously mistaken your edits for vandalism. Slow down and preview your edits next time. Derpysaurus (talk) 12:07, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I just wanted to contribute and I thought the units needed images of their miniatures 😔, I've just gotten into 40k and I'm sorry for trodding on the wikis toes and I just would like all the units to have miniature/model images somehow
- That's fine. I just want to have a confirmation to make sure I am not dealing with a bot, troll or vandal, nothing more. You can re-add the images again, just make sure it fits. With that said and done, continue to edit, but preview is always key. Everyone fucks up something on their first edit, so as a useful tip. I would suggest creating an account. Anons are usually scrutinised here due to past experience in dealing with actual spammers and vandals. So you could forgive me if I appear harsh initially. Derpysaurus (talk) 17:19, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
Thanks, I was using preview tool but only to see if the image appears and not as red text. By making sure it fits do you mean I have to ensure it has something to do with the unit? I thought I did that like I didn't put a Harlequin pic in a Dark Eldar page
- Fit as in, not leaving giant gaps of empty space or outright coming into direct conflict with another image. The only exception of this rule if the particular subject is a new content where the image of the model is present but not its fluff and crunch. If this happens, add [
] to let other editors know that the page is currently under a work-in-progress. For example, look at the Storm Guardians page for guidance. I did not remove the image because the page itself is big enough to accommodate the file and not come into conflict with other images. Your edit on the Aspect Warriors was a bad case example of image conflict, as your pasting of new images of the Howling Banshees retroactively pushed down the image for the Striking Scorpions into the Fire Dragons' section. So when a reader looks at the page, they may be wondering why the Striking Scorpions showed even more images of Howling Banshees and why the Fire Dragons are represented with a Striking Scorpion. A simple solution is to simply create a gallery, it is honestly that easy. Remember, the reader is the audience, so its a matter of re-arrangement to make the page more presentable, similar to how a florist does their flower arrangement hilariously enough. Derpysaurus (talk) 03:05, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
- I'll do that, I'll reuse those images and use galleries and that skub flag and I even gotten an account and thanks Derp and I'll be more vigilant with previews too. I was just gonna check your reply befi did anything because I didn't want to jump the gun and not know what I did wrong first. I might try something tomorrow like put a skub flag onto the Aspect Warriors and add a gallery.
- Mind if I ask, how do you add a link in the Eldar Forces collapsible table? I ask because the Swooping Hawks are missing from it.
- On the search bar. Type in: Template:Eldar-Forces. It used to pop up like any normal search, but for some reason, the update from the wiki fucked it up. Anyways, I have already fixed it. So thanks for the heads up. Derpysaurus (talk) 14:00, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks and once I finish that gallery should I remove the skub flag and move onto another page?
- If you believe that section is complete, you can remove the skub template as you wish. Derpysaurus (talk) 04:30, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
I have my official account called DrukHarry and I started doing galleries for the Eldar army units.
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify them. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.