These edits are much more better than before. Less image clusters, much more consistent and the images actually zooms in and shows the actual weapons. Keep up on the good work! Derpysaurus
Hey man. Just a heads up, unless there is a better image quality, I think the rest of the weapon images that has already been posted a while back should be left alone as it already showcase the weapons themselves in a clear view. I mean, if you want to really add in a extra image, you can create a gallery underneath like what I've done and post it there. That way, it should show both images from multiple viewpoints and patterns as well as avoiding any unnecessary edit wars. Derpysaurus
- Yo. I have already edited the images of the Land Raider and Predator page to its original and more streamlined and consistent presentation. When it comes to weapon and vehicle lists such as these, you don't have to put the images in a right-left pattern unless absolutely necessary (such as lack of information which would create image cluttering for example). Of course, you can fix the image cluttering by using the clear template like you did in the Land Raider and Predator pages, but that only works if there is enough information to fill most of the blank spaces. When there is too little information (pages still under editing being the exception) of that particular category, it would end up creating a large empty blank-white space with no information/sentences/words to fill in the gaps. It is still readable but it looks unfinished and not presentable, which is why I kind of freaked out a bit earlier on. Derpysaurus
- Thanks for the new Heavy Warpflamer image mate! You cannot imagine how hard was it for me to find a high quality image for that weapon, since I don't own the actual copy of the White Dwarf Issue magazine that showcased those weapons. Derpysaurus
On the Solerite/Solarite wargear.
So I'm not going to edit the power weapon page to say this, but just to let you know the Solerite Gauntlets used by the Custodes and the Solarite Gauntlets used by the Imperial Fists have the same description, and is probably a case of Forgeworld forgetting to make sure their spellings are consistent once again (we are talking about the people who gave a Jet Pack unit the option to buy Jet Packs after all). Also the Solerite Power Talons and Gauntlets are not limited to certain types of Custodes, bringing this up because you said "The Aquilons that carry Firepikes use a "Talon" variant." The reason that's the case is because this way you need to buy two squads of the same unit to get both sets of wargear. Custodes can mix and match in that squad (ie one with a Lastrum Bolter or Adrathic Destructor can wield a Power Talon, and Firepike users can get Gauntlets) and this is also true for their Shield-captains/Tribunes and Hetaeron. If you're already aware, great, I'm just bringing it up on the slim chance you're not. -- Triacom (talk) 08:35, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
Blending of the Profile and Gallery boxes
Hey. Just a heads up, the Bolter profile and gallery boxes tend to fuse together when collapsed. It looks weird. I think we should just make the profile boxes non-collapsible like the older edits so as to not get oddities like that. Derpysaurus
- Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna keep the collapsible gallery on the side though. Putting it right at the bottom of the profile box seems to put too much space between the items. Aenigmatrix (talk) 16:32, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
Neating up the Gallery and Profile boxes
So I have tried to fix the situation in regards to the gallery and profile boxes as right now the current template seems quite messy. I have borrowed over the multi-box templates from the Rhino faction box and implemented it here. It is not perfect, but it is far more compact and organized in contrast to what we have here. Here is an example of the Hand Flamer category which I had modified. Your thoughts? Derpysaurus
Also referred to as a Burner, the Hand Flamer is a more compact, pistol version of a regular Flamer, requiring only one hand to fire in an efficient manner.
Mainly used by the Adepta Sororitas, Hive Gangers, and the Inquisition, this weapon is a pint-sized flamethrower that be wielded in a manner of a pistol; had to point it out just in case the piece you have recently acquired doesn't look like one. Along with a fuel tank of lower capacity, it has a much reduced effective range, which makes the Flamer of this size well-suited for close combat purposes where distance is not a problem, or at least you already have your solution to it such as a decent Jump Pack. Some extremely unhinged individuals go as far as dual-wielding them for extra burny power. Another notorious formation that equips itself with Hand Flamers is the Ashen Circle of the Word Bearers Legion. The Akkadic Pattern notably has a chainsaw grip, which makes it stand out in the Hand Flamer family where its other members we have seen so far all possess a pistol grip.
There are quite a number of Hand Flamer patterns such as:
- Ignis Pattern: Used by Space Marines, most notably the Blood Angels and their Successor Chapters.
- Akkadic Pattern: Used by Ashen Circle marines of the Word Bearers Legion
- Destroyer-Pattern: Also known as the Cadence Promethium Incineration Device, it was produced by the Inquisition in the Calixis Sector. It uses technology similar to a Plasma Gun to create super-heated thermal blast that burns fat hotter and with greater fuel efficiency than normal Hand Flamers.
- Exterminator: See below.
Quite perfect, really! Any ideas to how we can lengthen the table out so that it looks more... rectangular? Setting the width doesn't cut it since the table won't really expand out to fill the whole screen when expanded. Aenigmatrix (talk) 15:52, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- You mean expanding the cellpadding like this? Derpysaurus
- There is that too. Though the width is extended, the height is as well. That increased height will widen the gap between subjects, and I don't think that will look very nice overall when implemented. I mean, that's a big gap we have here. I'll probably spend my next free time looking for a way to extend the width of the table alone without making the size fixed. I still have the feeling that I haven't looked thorough enough. Aenigmatrix (talk) 07:20, 26 November 2018 (UTC)