User talk:Ahriman's Aide
Trip Into Hell
Just so we're clear, I don't have anything against Trip Into Hell. If you want it gone, it's gone, but I want to be sure that you're the one that wants it gone (I know that 184.108.40.206 and maybe others don't like it, but deleting a story page just because someone else doesn't like it rubs me the wrong way). Do you understand what I mean? Maybe I should just stop worrying and push the "delete" button already, but I don't want to delete something for the wrong reason. --AssistantWikifag (talk) 03:49, 12 January 2014 (UTC)
I don't think that will be necessary. I was in a bit of a dark patch, but now that's over I have no wish to see all my work destroyed just because of a few haters and arguments. Many thanks though. --Ahriman's Aide (talk) 20:38, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
May I ask why Trip Into Hell is so controversial? I, for one, enjoyed it immensely. -Pathos
Wow. It’s been a long time since anyone brought that up. Well, at the time it was controversial for being the most grimdark entry into the WHH Series. As Someone.Else said, ‘If something called Warhammer High has any grimdark in it, the author's done something wrong.’ And I set out to disprove that, to try and connect WHH to the original 30k and tie them together. And that wasn’t popular. One person, as I recall, said ‘You are like those people who tried to turn CATastrophe into some grimderp game about rape cannibals and transhumans subjugating abhumans. Sure, the original premise is debateable at best, but going all grimderp on a silly idea only makes you full retard.’ Still, I had fun with it, I got to meet good people, and it gave me good experience for what I do now.
If I may ask, what did you like and/or dislike about TiH? I never got much feedback on it when I was working on it, and nowadays I’m too busy with more official projects to worry about my fanfics (though I still have Judgement, the sequel to TiH partly done, if I didn’t have more pressing issues to attend to.)
Have you checked out ILikeCommas Stories? He’s the best of us at blending WHH and Grimdark, and one of the best writers I’ve ever encountered. I’ve lobbied to get him into BL (Unsuccessfully). https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9580671/1/Bound-Fate
- Speaking for myself, I liked it because it was a decent read and tied WHH back into Warhammer. Some other entries are so divorced from not only grimdark but the original Warhammer setting itself that they might as well not even be a Warhammer fan fiction. I didn't know that 'no grimdark' was such a rule, but that explains the unfortunate hate.--220.127.116.11 11:44, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- Those were my thoughts. WHH had divorced itself too far from the original source material, to a point where if you took out the 40k references it would be no different from any other Sci-Fi setting. Even Terra was turned into Coruscant from Star Wars rather then what it should be in 30k, a mix of Mega City One and LA from Blade Runner. ‘No grimdark’ was the main guideline, one I deliberately bent. I wasn’t alone, DarkMage did a brilliant character study which had a grimdark flavour in ‘Ghosts of Rage’ (Which I cannot more highly recommend), and ILikeCommas blended both in his story Bound Fate. But most of the audience were more into SE’s flavour than mine. I love hearing people sound off about the stories and what they think. Feel free to drop by the 4chan writefag channel at #writescribbles on Rizon if you want. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the concept as a whole, and what you thought of my story in particular. --Ahriman's Aide (talk) 23:51, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Camping Trip (Warhammer High)
Hey Ahriman's Aide, (Khor'neth) here. I'm wondering ('cause I have a couple of days spare now- I've been kinda busy). I've written a bit more, but I'm kinda stumped for ideas on where to take the story next. I don't really want to change what's there already if it can be helped, bit I would like to ask- where could I go from here- that is to say, which of the Daughters should I next write about? I'd like to write more, I'm just kinda stuck for ideas at the moment. So, in summary, which Daughter would you like to see me write about next?
- Hello, I'm Someone else., and AA asked me to look into this for you. What kind of story do you want Camping Trip to be, first of all? Someone else. (talk) 23:58, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
My thought was to deepen the bonds that already existed between the Daughters, and forge new ones, 'cause I look at all the 40k and 30k stuff out there, and see Grimdark, Grimdark, Grimdark. Someone is always losing something, so I wanted to make a lighter- hearted story- to bring them all closer together through common danger. That sort of thing, if you get what I mean.
- I can guess, but that's the purpose of all WHH stuff. I meant a bit more specifically. With regards to the balances between humor, drama, exploration and retreads, etc. Someone else. (talk) 03:15, 11 June 2017 (UTC)
- I'm just having trouble with ideas for where to go. Since you're the guy who's made most of the stuff, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what you'd like to see me write about. Are there any Daughters I've not mentioned who you'd like to see in, for example? Is there any drama I've not done you'd like to see? One final thing- is there anything you would consider to be a funny part of such a story I haven't done? That's all it is, really. I'd just like an idea of what people want to see.
- Not having read any of this in a while, I don't really have a preference for which Daughter should be addressed next. As for drama, I let that arise naturally from the characters since the series doesn't have a real antagonist. The daughters of the Chaos Primarchs arte usually pretty interesting, though, and they don't get used much by people who aren't me. Someone else. (talk) 21:25, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. I now know where I want to take this. You've inspired me. I'll keep going. I'll finish this yet!
hey, i came across the WHH page, and was immediately interested, then saddend by the fact the project seemed dead, and when i looked into the authors i found most of them had given up, or just left, so i was wondering if there were any authors still working on the project User:jaune
None that I know of. Tastes change and people move on. New authors are always welcome, and if you have any ideas I'd be pleased to weigh in on them.